Automotive Intelligent Headlight System Market: Introduction
- Rise in technological developments in automotive lighting solutions is enabling automakers to offer enhanced safety features including automotive adaptive lighting, improved exterior lighting empowered by xenon and LEDs. This, in turn, is boosting the automotive intelligent headlight system market.
- Consistent research and development in adaptive lighting, in order to reduce the number of fatalities caused due to poor visibility at night, is likely to lead to the development of enhanced automated headlight technologies
Key drivers of global automotive intelligent headlight system market
- Increasing demand to reduce the number of accidents is driving the global automotive intelligent headlight system market. According to WHO, approximately 1.35 million people lost their lives in road accidents in 2018, among which a majority of the accidents occurred at night, owing to poor visibility. Furthermore, 95% of accidents are caused due to human error. It becomes a challenge to identify a motorcyclist, bicycle-rider, or a pedestrian on the road at night time. The automotive intelligent headlight system helps identify pedestrians, motorcyclists, and other objects on the road as the intelligent technology employs a gear mechanism and sensors to enable the headlights to adapt to the terrain.
- Increasing technological advancements that enable the automated control of vehicle headlamps is likely to drive the global automotive intelligent headlight system market. The gear technology in the intelligent headlight systems enables horizontal or vertical movement of headlights. These motions are carried out by mechanical systems incorporated in intelligent headlights that power the gear mechanism and electric motor, which control the direction of the headlight.
- For instance, Bosch mobility solutions, by Robert Bosch GmbH, Germany, has developed an intelligent headlight control system that utilizes a video camera to measure the ambient brightness and to estimate the distance between the vehicle in front and oncoming traffic. This data is transmitted to the electric control unit (ECU), which operates a variety of light functions such as vertical or horizontal adjustment or movement of the headlight.
- Increasing demand for improved driving in adverse weather conditions is boosting the global automotive intelligent headlight system market. For instance, driving in fog or heavy rain is likely to augment the probability of an accident, owing to poor visibility of the road ahead. Automotive intelligent headlights, which have high and low light beams functions and sensors, gather data about incoming traffic from the taillights of the vehicles ahead. This data is then fed to the ECU of intelligent headlight system and the headlights are switched on automatically. This, in turn, is estimated to boost the driver’s visibility in poor weather conditions.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Passenger vehicle segment to dominate the global automotive intelligent headlight system market
- Rise in disposable income is likely to increase spending power of automotive customers, which is shifting consumer preference toward owning a vehicle. This, in turn, fuels the global automotive intelligent headlight system market. Several luxury vehicles, SUVs, MPVs, and premium sedans are incorporated with the automotive intelligent headlight system to attract consumers and increase sales of vehicles.
- Furthermore, various automakers, in collaboration with governments and financial entities are offering vehicles at lucrative prices in order to restrict the global slowdown of vehicle sales. For instance, in late 2019, several automakers including Hyundai, Maruti Suzuki, and Tesla, have slashed vehicle prices in order to boost sales. This, in turn, is fueling the global automotive intelligent headlight system market.
Europe and Asia Pacific, together, to account for significant share of global automotive intelligent headlight system market
- Developing countries in Asia Pacific such as India, China, South Korea, and Malaysia, are witnessing increasing demand for intelligent headlights in order to reduce the strain caused by oncoming vehicle headlights during night traffic. For instance, Mumbai Chennai, and Delhi in India; Manila in the Philippines; Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia; and Dhaka in Bangladesh are highly congested urban areas in Asia Pacific.
- Regular headlights exert considerably strain on the eyes of drivers of oncoming traffic; however, intelligent headlights on a two-way road, can change the direction of their light beam to reduce and prevent glare from affecting the vision of oncoming vehicle drivers. This is prompting OEMs and automakers to develop and deploy vehicles incorporated with intelligent headlights, thereby driving the global automotive intelligent headlight system market.
- Europe accounts for a notable share of total sale of luxury passenger vehicles globally, including sedan and premium passenger vehicles. Furthermore, economic growth witnessed in developing countries in Europe is augmenting the disposable income of the population in the region. This is prompting consumers to own vehicles, thereby fueling the demand for new vehicles. This, in turn, drives the global automotive intelligent headlight system market.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Intelligent Headlight System Market, Request for a Sample
Key players operating in global automotive intelligent headlight system market:
The global automotive intelligent headlight system market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global automotive intelligent headlight system market are:
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- General Electric
- Hella GmbH & Co. KGaA
- Hyundai Mobis Co. Ltd
- Ichikoh Industries, Ltd.
- J W Speaker Corporation
- Koito Manufacturing Co. Ltd
- Magneti Marelli S.p.A
- OSRAM GmbH
- Signify Holding
- Stanley Electric Co. Ltd
- Valeo Group
- Varroc Group
- Zizala Lichtsysteme GmbH
Global Automotive Intelligent Headlight System Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Intelligent Headlight System Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Hatch Back
- Commercial Vehicle
- Light Commercial
- Heavy Commercial
Global Automotive Intelligent Headlight System Market, by Level of Autonomous Vehicle
- Fully Autonomous Vehicle
- Semi-Autonomous Vehicle
Global Automotive Intelligent Headlight System Market, by Propulsion Type
- Internal Combustion Engine (ICE)
Global Automotive Intelligent Headlight System Market, by Component
- DC Motor
- Electronic Control Unit (ECU)
Global Automotive Intelligent Headlight System Market, by Type of Light
- Xenon (High Intensity Discharge lights/HID)
Global Automotive Intelligent Headlight System Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Intelligent Headlight System Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.