Automotive Intelligent Headlight System Market: Introduction
- Rise in technological developments in automotive lighting solutions is enabling automakers to offer enhanced safety features including automotive adaptive lighting, improved exterior lighting empowered by xenon and LEDs. This, in turn, is boosting the automotive intelligent headlight system market.
- Consistent research and development in adaptive lighting, in order to reduce the number of fatalities caused due to poor visibility at night, is likely to lead to the development of enhanced automated headlight technologies
Key drivers of global automotive intelligent headlight system market
- Increasing demand to reduce the number of accidents is driving the global automotive intelligent headlight system market. According to WHO, approximately 1.35 million people lost their lives in road accidents in 2018, among which a majority of the accidents occurred at night, owing to poor visibility. Furthermore, 95% of accidents are caused due to human error. It becomes a challenge to identify a motorcyclist, bicycle-rider, or a pedestrian on the road at night time. The automotive intelligent headlight system helps identify pedestrians, motorcyclists, and other objects on the road as the intelligent technology employs a gear mechanism and sensors to enable the headlights to adapt to the terrain.
- Increasing technological advancements that enable the automated control of vehicle headlamps is likely to drive the global automotive intelligent headlight system market. The gear technology in the intelligent headlight systems enables horizontal or vertical movement of headlights. These motions are carried out by mechanical systems incorporated in intelligent headlights that power the gear mechanism and electric motor, which control the direction of the headlight.
- For instance, Bosch mobility solutions, by Robert Bosch GmbH, Germany, has developed an intelligent headlight control system that utilizes a video camera to measure the ambient brightness and to estimate the distance between the vehicle in front and oncoming traffic. This data is transmitted to the electric control unit (ECU), which operates a variety of light functions such as vertical or horizontal adjustment or movement of the headlight.
- Increasing demand for improved driving in adverse weather conditions is boosting the global automotive intelligent headlight system market. For instance, driving in fog or heavy rain is likely to augment the probability of an accident, owing to poor visibility of the road ahead. Automotive intelligent headlights, which have high and low light beams functions and sensors, gather data about incoming traffic from the taillights of the vehicles ahead. This data is then fed to the ECU of intelligent headlight system and the headlights are switched on automatically. This, in turn, is estimated to boost the driver’s visibility in poor weather conditions.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Passenger vehicle segment to dominate the global automotive intelligent headlight system market
- Rise in disposable income is likely to increase spending power of automotive customers, which is shifting consumer preference toward owning a vehicle. This, in turn, fuels the global automotive intelligent headlight system market. Several luxury vehicles, SUVs, MPVs, and premium sedans are incorporated with the automotive intelligent headlight system to attract consumers and increase sales of vehicles.
- Furthermore, various automakers, in collaboration with governments and financial entities are offering vehicles at lucrative prices in order to restrict the global slowdown of vehicle sales. For instance, in late 2019, several automakers including Hyundai, Maruti Suzuki, and Tesla, have slashed vehicle prices in order to boost sales. This, in turn, is fueling the global automotive intelligent headlight system market.
Europe and Asia Pacific, together, to account for significant share of global automotive intelligent headlight system market
- Developing countries in Asia Pacific such as India, China, South Korea, and Malaysia, are witnessing increasing demand for intelligent headlights in order to reduce the strain caused by oncoming vehicle headlights during night traffic. For instance, Mumbai Chennai, and Delhi in India; Manila in the Philippines; Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia; and Dhaka in Bangladesh are highly congested urban areas in Asia Pacific.
- Regular headlights exert considerably strain on the eyes of drivers of oncoming traffic; however, intelligent headlights on a two-way road, can change the direction of their light beam to reduce and prevent glare from affecting the vision of oncoming vehicle drivers. This is prompting OEMs and automakers to develop and deploy vehicles incorporated with intelligent headlights, thereby driving the global automotive intelligent headlight system market.
- Europe accounts for a notable share of total sale of luxury passenger vehicles globally, including sedan and premium passenger vehicles. Furthermore, economic growth witnessed in developing countries in Europe is augmenting the disposable income of the population in the region. This is prompting consumers to own vehicles, thereby fueling the demand for new vehicles. This, in turn, drives the global automotive intelligent headlight system market.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Intelligent Headlight System Market, Request for a Sample
Key players operating in global automotive intelligent headlight system market:
The global automotive intelligent headlight system market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global automotive intelligent headlight system market are:
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- General Electric
- Hella GmbH & Co. KGaA
- Hyundai Mobis Co. Ltd
- Ichikoh Industries, Ltd.
- J W Speaker Corporation
- Koito Manufacturing Co. Ltd
- Magneti Marelli S.p.A
- OSRAM GmbH
- Signify Holding
- Stanley Electric Co. Ltd
- Valeo Group
- Varroc Group
- Zizala Lichtsysteme GmbH
Global Automotive Intelligent Headlight System Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Intelligent Headlight System Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Hatch Back
- Commercial Vehicle
- Light Commercial
- Heavy Commercial
Global Automotive Intelligent Headlight System Market, by Level of Autonomous Vehicle
- Fully Autonomous Vehicle
- Semi-Autonomous Vehicle
Global Automotive Intelligent Headlight System Market, by Propulsion Type
- Internal Combustion Engine (ICE)
Global Automotive Intelligent Headlight System Market, by Component
- DC Motor
- Electronic Control Unit (ECU)
Global Automotive Intelligent Headlight System Market, by Type of Light
- Xenon (High Intensity Discharge lights/HID)
Global Automotive Intelligent Headlight System Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Intelligent Headlight System Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.