Automotive Integrated Drive Train Modules: Introduction
- The number of electric vehicles on roads, globally, exceeded 5.1 million in 2018. The number has been rising exponentially since 2013. Sales of electric vehicles increased by 68%, with Europe, China, and the U.S. accounting for 90% of the total electric vehicles sold. Shift of the auto industry toward electrification has prompted automakers to adopt products, such as integrated drive train module, to deliver optimal torque to the electric vehicle.
- The integrated drive train module comprises transmission, electric motor, and power electronics placed in a single unit. The integrated drive train module has a compact structure and can be easily fitted in electric/ hybrid vehicles. Since the power electronics and electric motor are attached in the same unit, it enables manufacturers to explore different network structures for the powertrain.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Automotive Integrated Drive Train Module Market
- Rise in sales of electric vehicles is estimated to drive the automotive integrated drive train module market as the internal combustion engine & conventional transmission in the drivetrain would be replaced by electric motor and 2 stage transmission. Countries across the world are revising their emission norms to lower vehicle emission. Automakers are compelled to adopt electric and hybrid vehicles in their product portfolio. Governments across the globe are encouraging sales of electric vehicles by offering monetary incentives and other benefits such as access to special lanes and speedy registrations. The global electrification trend is a key driver of the automotive integrated drive train market.
- The battery used in an electric vehicle adds to the weight of the vehicle. Light weighting is of utmost importance in electric vehicles. The automotive integrated drive train module is compact in size and helps lower the weight of the drivetrain in the vehicle. Rising demand for light weighting solutions among automakers is estimated to drive the automotive integrated drive train market during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Electric vehicle segment to expand significantly during forecast period
- Pure electric/ battery electric vehicles are anticipated to witness high demand, as they emit zero emission. Electric buses are being used in public transport across Europe, China, and North America. Other governments across the globe are also focused on the introduction of electric vehicles in public transport, which is anticipated to boost the automotive integrated drive train module market.
Passenger vehicle segment to hold leading market share
- Lucrative government incentives have spurred the sales of electric vehicles used for personal transport. Decline in prices of lithium-ion battery has reduced the price of electric cars, which has further improved the sales of passenger vehicles.
OEM segment to hold leading market share
- The OEM segment is estimated to hold a leading share, as the market is presently in the nascent stage. Rise in the number of on road electric vehicles is projected to boost the aftermarket segment in the near future.
Asia Pacific to lead global automotive integrated drive train module market
- In terms of region, the global automotive integrated drive train module market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific leads the global automotive integrated drive train module market owing to the high volume production of electric vehicles in China. China has emerged as a global manufacturing hub not only for internal combustion vehicles but also for electric vehicles. Favorable government policies for ‘New Energy Vehicles’ and stringent norms on automakers to manufacture electric vehicles have led China to hold a key position in the global automotive integrated drive train module market
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Automotive Integrated Drive Module Market, ask for a customized report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global automotive integrated drive train module market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
- GKN Automotive Limited
- Continental AG
- Schaeffler Technologies AG & Co. KG
Global Automotive Integrated Drive Train Module Market, by Propulsion Type
- Electric (Battery Electric Vehicle)
Global Automotive Integrated Drive Train Module Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive Integrated Drive Train Module Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Integrated Drive Train Module Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.