Automotive Instrument Cluster Market: Introduction
- The instrument cluster is the primary data source for the driver, and it delivers information about various operational parameters of the vehicle. It conveys vehicle information such as speed, fuel level, tachometer, and temperature along with information from in-vehicle network, cameras, and multimedia.
- The automotive instrument cluster contains three primary platforms: cluster graphics platform for displaying graphics information through display; cluster controller platform for handling AUTOSAR stacks functionality; and combined cluster platform, which has fused functionality of graphics controller and real-time application controller
Key Drivers of Automotive Instrument Cluster Market
- Rising popularity of electric vehicles has further boosted the demand for instrument clusters. It is essential for electric vehicles to display information related to range, state of charge, navigation, driving mode, charging capacity, and energy flow. The EQ series, battery electric vehicle from Daimler AG features a dual instrument cluster that displays vital parameters of the automobile including charge status and range along with personalized greeting messages for better user-experience. This information assists drivers to optimally operate their electric vehicles without running out-of charge in the midst of a journey. Thus, a rise in the demand for electric vehicles is fuelling the automotive instrument cluster market across the globe.
- Rise in transportation and logistics activities owing to globalization and industrialization has increased the sales of commercial vehicles. On-going construction and mining activities have further driven sales of heavy commercial vehicles. For instance, Tata Motors reported 25% rise in sales of commercial vehicles in 2017. These vehicles are equipped with numerous electronic systems to ensure safety of passengers or cargo along with the driver. This increased complexity of vehicle electronics requires their status information to be displayed to the driver for greater functionality. Market players are providing personalized instrument clusters in order to cater to this demand from commercial vehicles. For instance, Continental AG provides customized instrument clusters for commercial vehicles, which offer higher degree of functionality. Thus, a rise in sale of commercial vehicles is driving the global automotive instrument cluster market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Restrains in Automotive Instrument Cluster Market
- Growing levels of autonomy in vehicles reduces the need for human monitoring of various parameters, thus decreasing the requirement of instrument clusters and related components to display the vital functions only. This decrease in human intervention in automobile driving amidst growing levels of autonomy is hampering the global automotive instrument cluster market.
- The recent pandemic of COVID-19 affected supply chains of instrument cluster manufacturers, thus creating a shortage of raw materials and components. However, demand for automotive instrument cluster is expected to increase, as governments are easing restrictions and companies are restarting their operations with precautionary measures.
Opportunities in Automotive Instrument Cluster Market
- On-going developments in semiconductor technologies are boosting advancements in conventional instrument clusters with enhanced human-machine interface. For instance, in October 2018, the newly introduced R-Car E3 system on a chip (SoC), by Renesas Electronics Corporation, provides 3D graphics rendering capabilities to automotive instrument clusters. This single chip system reduces overall costs and space consumption. Thus, continuous developments in semiconductor technologies to provide better performance and driver experience are expected to drive the global automotive instrument cluster market in the next few years.
Europe holds Significant Share of Global Automotive Instrument Cluster Market
- High disposable income of populations across countries in Europe has led to an increase in sale of luxury cars. For instance, Daimler AG, a luxury car brand, witnessed 1.3% rise in annual sales of 2019 with a majority of sales in Germany. These luxury cars contain multiple complex systems to enhance driver safety and vehicle performance. Information related to functioning of all these systems needs to be displayed to the driver through instrument clusters for monitoring and controlling purposes. Moreover, presence of automobile OEMs in the region further drives the demand for instrument cluster systems, thereby propelling the share held by Europe in the global automotive instrument cluster market.
Key Players Operating in Automotive Instrument Cluster Market
The automotive instrument cluster market is highly concentrated due to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the automotive instrument cluster market are:
- Continental AG
- Cypress Semiconductor Corporation
- DENSO CORPORATION
- Infineon Technologies AG
- JPM Group
- Marelli Corporation
- Microtips Technology USA
- Nippon Seiki Co., Ltd.
- NXP Semiconductors
- Pricol Limited
- Renesas Electronics Corporation
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC
- Texas Instruments Incorporated
- Valid Manufacturing Ltd
- Visteon Corporation
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Instrument Cluster Market, Request for a Sample
Global Automotive Instrument Cluster Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Instrument Cluster Market, by Type
Global Automotive Instrument Cluster Market, by Propulsion
- Internal Combustion Engine (ICE)
- Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV)
- Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV)
Global Automotive Instrument Cluster Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive Instrument Cluster Market, by Connectivity
- Others (FlexRay, MOST, K-Line)
Global Automotive Instrument Cluster Market, by Component
- Microcontroller Unit (MCU)
- Stepper Motor
- Others (Amplifier, Converter, Regulator)
Global Automotive Instrument Cluster Market, by Sales Channel
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.