Automotive Infotainment System: Introduction
- In-vehicle infotainment is a collection of hardware and software in automobiles, which provides audio or video entertainment. In-car entertainment originated with car audio systems that consisted of radios and cassette or CD players, and currently, include automotive navigation systems, video players, USB and Bluetooth connectivity, carputers, in-car internet, and Wi-Fi.
- The automotive infotainment system is installed in cars and is utilized to enhance the in-vehicle experience. It is also employed for information and entertainment applications such as vehicle diagnostics, navigation, etc. The automotive Infotainment system contains keypads, touch screen, audio and video interface, and other hardware and software, which offer comfort and safety to the driver while driving.
Key Drivers of Global Automotive Infotainment System Market
- Countries across the globe are witnessing a rise in the demand for better infotainment options in vehicles. A rise in disposable income across the globe is boosting the infotainment systems market. This system usually includes navigation and diagnostic systems that can be accessed through keypads, touch screens, multiple software, and sometimes, even audio visual interface. These factors are driving the automotive infotainment system market across the globe.
- The trend of urbanization is rising at an exponential rate, which is leading to an increase in the average income of urban population, thereby enabling to enhance their lifestyles. Furthermore, a rise the demand for passenger cars is prompting manufacturers for increase in production of commercial vehicles. This, in turn, is likely to propel the automotive infotainment system market across the globe.
- Manufacturers of technologically advanced infotainment are providing features such as pre-trip planning, parking recommendations, predictive navigations, cloud-enabling syncing, and other important features. Smartphones can be paired with car infotainment using Wi-Fi hotspot or Bluetooth connectivity. Pairing the smartphone with the infotainment system enables the user to access features on the phone. These features enable consumers to manage outgoing, incoming, and conference calls through the infotainment system. These factors are anticipated to boost the automotive infotainment system market across the globe.
Passenger Vehicle Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- The passenger vehicle segment is likely to hold a significant share of the market by the end of the forecast period. The number of passenger vehicles in the emerging economies of Asia Pacific and North America is increasing at a significant pace. This is attributed to a rise in the demand for utility vehicles in highly populated countries such as China, India, and Japan.
- High demand for crossovers, SUVs, and hatchbacks is driving the passenger vehicle segment, which in turn is likely to boost the automotive infotainment system market. Rise in preference for private transport and buying power of consumers is driving the passenger vehicle segment of the market across the globe.
Global Automotive Infotainment System Market to Hamper Market
- Presently, vehicles are equipped with interactive information and entertainment systems for entertainment and guidance purpose. On the other hand, the touch screen infotainment creates a distraction while driving and can increase the risk of an accident. The system does not require the driver to take off their eyes from the road to the screen to perform some actions such as changing the music, changing the channel, setting up the next navigation, turning off/on the radio. These factors are hampering the automotive infotainment system market during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to Hold Prominent Share of Global Automotive Infotainment System Market
- The market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, followed by North America and Europe. Expansion of the market in Asia Pacific can be attributed to the high rate of adoption of automotive infotainment systems in countries such as China, which manufactured the highest number of vehicles across the globe.
- Development of infotainment systems and adoption of such a technology in vehicles by automotive OEMs have complied the requirements from infotainment systems market in India, thus India also contributed to the expansion of automotive infotainment system market in Asia Pacific.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global automotive infotainment system market is highly fragmented with top manufacturers across the global market. A few of the key players operating and potential in the global automotive infotainment system market are:
- Harman International Industries Inc.
- Visteon Corporation
- Denso Corporation
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Aptiv PLC
- Continental AG
- Clarion Co., Ltd.
- Magnetic Marelli SpA
- Alpine Electronics Inc.
- Pioneer Corporation
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- Kenwood Corporation
- FUJITSU TEN Limited
- Delphi Automotive LLP
- Garmin Ltd.
- MMI Navigation
- Panasonic Corporation
- Samsung Electronics
Global Automotive Infotainment System Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Infotainment System Market, by System Type
- Entertainment System
- Connectivity System
- Driver Assistance System
Global Automotive Infotainment System Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Utility Vehicles
- Commercial Vehicle
- Electric Vehicles
Global Automotive Infotainment System Market, by Product Type
- Audio Unit
- Display Unit
- Head-up Display
- Navigation Unit
- Communication Unit
Global Automotive Infotainment System Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Infotainment System Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.