Global Automotive In-vehicle Payment System: Introduction
- The automotive in-vehicle payment system enables drivers to pay for goods and services such as refilling at gas station, movie tickets, toll tickets, smart parking, order ahead for pickup, and also share their location with their families
- Several OEMs in the automobile industry are partnering with card companies, such as VISA and MasterCard, to integrate in-car payment systems in their vehicles. This technology virtually converts the vehicle into a wallet, and the driver doesn’t need to get out of the vehicle to pay for fuel or parking space. This eliminates the need for the driver or vehicle owner to carry cash in his or her wallet. A majority of fuel pumps has adopted card and mobile payment technology; however, the in-vehicle payment system eliminates the need to carry cash in the wallet.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key drivers of global automotive in-vehicle payment system market
- Currently, significant crowds are witnessed at every toll plaza, fuel pump, and parking place and the in-vehicle payment system can play a vital role to avoid such crowds and save valuable time. The in-vehicle payment system enables passengers to purchase from the dashboards of their vehicles without using cash or card.
- Advancements in technology, such as Internet of Things and connected vehicle technologies, have prompted OEMs to tie up with various retailers and payment companies to offer in-vehicle payment services
- Rising trend toward autonomous vehicles is propelling the automotive in vehicle payment market. All the payment system at toll plazas or fuel pumps are controlled by artificial intelligence integrated into the vehicle.
Asia Pacific to hold prominent share of global automotive in-vehicle payment system market
- Several free-trade agreements between Europe-Asia and UAS-Asia have resulted in economic development of counties such as India, China, Malaysia, and South Korea, in Asia Pacific, which has boosted the disposable income and living standards of the population in the region. This, in turn, is shifting consumer preference toward owning a vehicle that has an in-vehicle payment system.
- Legislations enacted by governments and organizations of various countries are compelling automakers to increase integration of various payment merchants
Key players operating in global automotive in-vehicle payment system market
The global automotive in-vehicle payment market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global automotive in vehicle payment market are:
- Mercedes Pvt Ltd.
- Hyundai Motor Company
- VISA Inc.
- XEVO Inc.
- Tantalum Corporation
- Harman International
- P97 Networks Inc.
- General Motors Ltd.
- Honda Motors Co. Ltd.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive In-Vehicle Payment System Market, Request for a Sample
Global Automotive In-Vehicle Payment System Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive In-vehicle Payment System Market, by Vehicle Type
Global Automotive In-Vehicle Payment System Market, by System
- Software System
- Hardware System
- Integrated System
- Embedded System
Global Automotive In-Vehicle Payment System Market, by Connectivity
Global Automotive In-Vehicle Payment System Market, by Technology
- Radio Frequency Identification(RFID)
- Bluetooth Low Energy
Global Automotive In-Vehicle Payment System Market, by Application
- Toll Plaza
- Electric Charging Station
- Fuel Pump
- Parking Places
Global Automotive In-Vehicle Payment System Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive In-Vehicle Payment System Market, by Component
- Code Scanner
Global Automotive In-Vehicle Payment System Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.