Automotive In-built Sunroof Market: Introduction
- Increasing spending capacity of the consumer and rising sales of electric, hybrid, and internal combustion (IC) engine vehicles across the globe are expected to boost the automotive in-built sunroof market during the forecast period
- Automotive in-built sunroof is a kind of glass panel that is used on the roof of vehicles which, once opened, allows air and light to enter inside the vehicle cabin. The in-built sunroof is attached to the skin of a vehicle and it needs to be flush inside when opened. This sunroof needs a water management system, i.e. drain tubes and catch tray, which prevents water from entering the vehicle. The in-built sunroof is available in two shades: transparent and tented color.
Key Drivers of Automotive In-built Sunroof Market
- The production capacity of passenger and commercial vehicles is increasing across the globe due to rising urbanization in developing countries, growing infrastructural development, and increase in consumer spending capacity. This rising vehicle production is boosting the adoption of in-built sunroof in the cars, buses, and other vehicles. The in-built sunroofs are widely used in vehicles, as they have a perfect fitting as compared to other sunroofs. Moreover, purchasing capacity of customers in developing countries is rising, which in turn is boosting the year-on-year rate of adoption of sunroof in cars. Furthermore, the adoption of premium and luxury cars in also increasing in developed countries, which already has sunroof integrated in their vehicles. This is one of the major factors that fuels the automotive in-built sunroof market.
- Governments are investing significantly to develop roads and transportation, which is increasing on-road vehicles in highly populated countries and subsequently propelling the demand for in-built sunroofs. Moreover, the adoption of in-built sunroof is increasing in the cold countries due lack of sunlight. Hence, the in-built sunroof helps absorb light in vehicles, which benefits the passengers and driver and consequently, augments the automotive in-built sunroof market.
Challenges in Automotive In-built Sunroof Market
- Integration of in-built sunroof in the vehicle is expensive, as the vehicle roof needs to be cut in between the upper metal and the interior of the vehicle. This may lead to leakage and wear of the interior, which hampers the aftermarket segment. Moreover, the maintenance cost associated with in-built sunroof is considerably high, especially when its motor or glass is broken, which further restrains the market.
- The COVID-19 pandemic caused vehicle manufacturing processes to shut down and decline in automotive sales, which hindered the demand for in-built sunroof. Moreover, disruption of global supply chains led to shortage of raw material that is used for sunroof production, which in turn hampered the demand for in-built sunroof. Furthermore, the COVID-19 pandemic also hampered the aftermarket segment of the in-built sunroof market.
Opportunities in Automotive In-built Sunroof Market
- The sunroof in an electric vehicle is highlighted as an additional feature, or USP, for customers. Moreover, increasing government incentives and investments by private organizations for the development and production of electric vehicles is expected to propel the in-built sunroof market during the forecast period. For instance, in 2020, the Government of India has stated new tax incentives to boost sales of electric vehicles, and the government has reduced the tax to 17.16% from 21.55%. Similarly, governments across Europe have also introduced green recovery incentive, which is used to boost electric vehicles sales. Hence, such government incentives offer significant opportunity for the automotive in-built sunroof market.
- The trend of sunroof vehicles is widely followed by consumers in developing countries. Consequently, consumers are externally installing automotive in-built sunroof in their vehicles, which in turn is projected to propel the in-built sunroof market in the near future. Moreover, the rising sunroof trend is also boosting the demand for in-built sunroof in the aftermarket segment.
Automotive In-built Sunroof Market in Asia Pacific to Expand Significantly
- Popularity of automotive in-built sunroof is increasing in Asia Pacific, due to rising sales of passenger cars, SUVs, and luxury cars in the region and high presence of domestic and international automotive and its part manufacturers. Production of vehicles, especially passenger cars is increasing in China and India, due to rising population, growing urbanization, and rising government investments for infrastructural development in the region. This rising vehicle production in Asia Pacific further augments the automotive in-built sunroof market. Additionally, demand for premium and electric vehicles is increasing in Asia Pacific, which in turn is projected to further propel the in-built sunroof market in the next few years. Furthermore, China is home to several domestic and international electric vehicle and component manufacturing companies that focus on the deployment of electric vehicle charging stations, which fuels the use of electric vehicle in the country and subsequently, propel the in-built sunroof market.
Key Players Operating in Automotive In-built Sunroof Market
The automotive in-built sunroof market is highly consolidated. A few of the key players operating in the global automotive in-built sunroof market are:
- CIE Automotive
- Summit Sound & Security, Ltd.
- Webasto Roof Systems, Inc.
- Auto Sound Company, Inc.
- Inalfa Roof Systems Group B.V.
- Johnan America, Inc.
- Aisin Seiki Co., Ltd.
- Yachiyo Industry Co., Ltd.
- BOS GmbH & Co. KG
- Inteva Products, LLC.
Global Automotive In-built Sunroof Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive In-built Sunroof Market, by Material
Global Automotive In-built Sunroof Market, by Operation
- Manually Operated
Global Automotive In-built Sunroof Market, by Vehicle Type
- Electric Vehicles
- Passenger Vehicle
- Utility Vehicles
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Buses and Coaches
Global Automotive In-built Sunroof Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive In-built Sunroof Market, by Region
- North America
- Nordic Region
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.