Automotive Heated/Cooled Seats Market: Introduction
- Rise in penetration of luxury vehicles, owing to increased demand for comfort is boosting the automotive heated/cooled seats market. Growth in usage of electronics and electrification of vehicle systems is estimated to propel the heated/cooled seats market.
- China is emerging as a leading market for luxury vehicle sales. In 2018, luxury vehicle sale recorded a 17% increase as compared to the rest of the world 1% growth in this segment.
- China and India are key automotive hubs and are witnessing rise in sales of premium and luxury vehicles, which is anticipated to expand the automotive heated/cooled seats market
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Automotive Heated/Cooled Seats Market
- Increase in vehicle production globally is driving the global automotive heated/cooled seats market. In 2018, around 70 million cars were produced worldwide with China, India, and Mexico emerging as key production hubs.
- Consumer affordability and demand for systems, such as seat ventilation, are estimated to boost the automotive heated/cooled seats market expansion. Heated/cooled seats complements the climate control system in vehicles by preventing the heat from being trapped between the seat and the body surface.
- Rise in sales of premium and luxury vehicles is expected to fuel the growth of the automotive heated/cooled seats market. Premium & luxury vehicles segment has recorded positive growth with rise in demand in China and India.
- Dependence on air-conditioning for cooling increases the load on the engine and downgrades the engine efficiency. High maintenance and installation costs are likely to hamper the adoption of automotive heated/cooled seats.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Aluminum as a Heating Element to Witness High Demand
- Copper used conventionally for heating element is being slowly replaced by aluminum. Aluminum has excellent bonding with polymers, and offers improved lifespan and superior performance. The use of aluminum heating element is expected to witness growth during the forecast period.
Leather Segment to Expand at High Rate
- Development of low-cost artificial leather such as faux/ vinyl leather has led to their increased use in vehicles. Artificial leather such as faux yields superior aesthetic appeal to the vehicle and has high consumer demand. The leather segment is thus expected to witness high demand during the forecast period.
Aftermarket Segment to Hold Considerable Share of Global Market
- Heated seats are custom fitted in aftermarket in school buses, motorcycles, and commercial vehicles. Heated/cooled seats can be installed easily in vehicles and are thus, estimated to witness a high demand from aftermarket. Aftermarket dealers and retail networks are expanding in number in developing countries. Rise in the number of aftermarket outlets and awareness among consumers is anticipated to boost the aftermarket demand for automotive heated/cooled seats.
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Automotive Heated/Cooled Seats Market
- In terms of region, the global automotive heated/cooled seats market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Europe and North America together hold a dominating share of the global automotive heated/cooled seats market, owing to cold climatic conditions in both regions. Asia Pacific automotive heated/cooled seats market is expected to witness rapid growth driven by vehicle sales in China and India.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in automotive heated/cooled seats market, ask for a customized report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global automotive heated/cooled seats market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Magna International Inc.
- Lear Corporation
- Continental AG
- Faurecia SA
- Gentherm Incorporated
- Kongsberg Automotive ASA
- Recitel NV/SA
- Adient plc
- Continental AG
Global Automotive Heated/Cooled Seats Market, by Component
- Electronic Control Unit
- Seat Ventilation System
- Seat Heating System
Global Automotive Heated/Cooled Seats Market, by Material
Global Automotive Heated/Cooled Seats Market, by heating element
Global Automotive Heated/Cooled Seats Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive Heated/Cooled Seats Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Heated/Cooled Seats Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.