Automotive Heated/Cooled Seats Market: Introduction
- Rise in penetration of luxury vehicles, owing to increased demand for comfort is boosting the automotive heated/cooled seats market. Growth in usage of electronics and electrification of vehicle systems is estimated to propel the heated/cooled seats market.
- China is emerging as a leading market for luxury vehicle sales. In 2018, luxury vehicle sale recorded a 17% increase as compared to the rest of the world 1% growth in this segment.
- China and India are key automotive hubs and are witnessing rise in sales of premium and luxury vehicles, which is anticipated to expand the automotive heated/cooled seats market
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Automotive Heated/Cooled Seats Market
- Increase in vehicle production globally is driving the global automotive heated/cooled seats market. In 2018, around 70 million cars were produced worldwide with China, India, and Mexico emerging as key production hubs.
- Consumer affordability and demand for systems, such as seat ventilation, are estimated to boost the automotive heated/cooled seats market expansion. Heated/cooled seats complements the climate control system in vehicles by preventing the heat from being trapped between the seat and the body surface.
- Rise in sales of premium and luxury vehicles is expected to fuel the growth of the automotive heated/cooled seats market. Premium & luxury vehicles segment has recorded positive growth with rise in demand in China and India.
- Dependence on air-conditioning for cooling increases the load on the engine and downgrades the engine efficiency. High maintenance and installation costs are likely to hamper the adoption of automotive heated/cooled seats.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Aluminum as a Heating Element to Witness High Demand
- Copper used conventionally for heating element is being slowly replaced by aluminum. Aluminum has excellent bonding with polymers, and offers improved lifespan and superior performance. The use of aluminum heating element is expected to witness growth during the forecast period.
Leather Segment to Expand at High Rate
- Development of low-cost artificial leather such as faux/ vinyl leather has led to their increased use in vehicles. Artificial leather such as faux yields superior aesthetic appeal to the vehicle and has high consumer demand. The leather segment is thus expected to witness high demand during the forecast period.
Aftermarket Segment to Hold Considerable Share of Global Market
- Heated seats are custom fitted in aftermarket in school buses, motorcycles, and commercial vehicles. Heated/cooled seats can be installed easily in vehicles and are thus, estimated to witness a high demand from aftermarket. Aftermarket dealers and retail networks are expanding in number in developing countries. Rise in the number of aftermarket outlets and awareness among consumers is anticipated to boost the aftermarket demand for automotive heated/cooled seats.
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Automotive Heated/Cooled Seats Market
- In terms of region, the global automotive heated/cooled seats market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Europe and North America together hold a dominating share of the global automotive heated/cooled seats market, owing to cold climatic conditions in both regions. Asia Pacific automotive heated/cooled seats market is expected to witness rapid growth driven by vehicle sales in China and India.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in automotive heated/cooled seats market, ask for a customized report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global automotive heated/cooled seats market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Magna International Inc.
- Lear Corporation
- Continental AG
- Faurecia SA
- Gentherm Incorporated
- Kongsberg Automotive ASA
- Recitel NV/SA
- Adient plc
- Continental AG
Global Automotive Heated/Cooled Seats Market, by Component
- Electronic Control Unit
- Seat Ventilation System
- Seat Heating System
Global Automotive Heated/Cooled Seats Market, by Material
Global Automotive Heated/Cooled Seats Market, by heating element
Global Automotive Heated/Cooled Seats Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive Heated/Cooled Seats Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Heated/Cooled Seats Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.