Automotive Gyrometer Market: Introduction
- Gyrometers or gyroscopes are the integral part of any navigation or guidance system. Gyrometers are mostly used to calculate the orientation or inertial state of a vehicle or an aircraft.
- A gyrometer is a simple device which incorporates a wheel or a disc which is mounted in a way that it can freely rotate about an axis. This disc can change the axis itself in order to change its position according to predefined reference axis in the gyrometer.
- Increase in use of gyrometers in smartphones, vehicle navigation systems, and tunnel building equipment is likely to increase demand for automotive gyrometers and thereby propel the market
Key Drivers of Global Automotive Gyrometer Market
- Government expends a large amount of money on defense in order to develop more advanced and efficient systems to incorporate in defense vehicles, aircrafts
- Consumer electronics such as smartphones and gadgets use gyrometer sensors for improving photography experience, improving accuracy of navigation, and mapping
- Commercial vehicles and passenger vehicles which incorporate advanced systems such as ADAS, roll over detection, hill start assist, and electronic parking brakes are in demand, owing to the consumers’ interest in luxury and safety. These systems use gyroscope for detecting orientation and position of a vehicle and feed data to AI control unit for taking appropriate action.
- Increased use of remotely operated aerial vehicles in shipping and defense industry boosts the demand for gyrometers
- All these factors are driving the automotive gyrometer market
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
MEMS Product Segment to Showcase Significant Growth
- MEMS means Micro Electro Mechanical System. The MEMS product ranges from 1 micrometer to 100 micrometer. This type of gyrometers use vibration principle for operation. Increase in use of MEMS gyrometers is attributed to its compact size, high rate of accuracy, and wide range of applications in various industries such as defense, electronics, and aerospace. These all factors propel the MSME gyrometers segment.
Defense is Major End-use Industry of Automotive Gyrometers
- Gyrometers are used in various military applications such as guiding ballistic missiles, controlling remotely operated vehicles during expeditions, monitoring orientation of an aircraft, satellite navigations used in tanks, and military vehicles.
- Continuous advancements in nuclear weapon technology, remotely operated vehicles, and aircrafts in defense industry for increasing safety of a country propel the automotive gyrometer market.
Asia Pacific to Dominate Market
- Adoption of gyrometers in vehicles and smartphones for smart navigation and safety purposes is increasing, owing to consumer demand and growth in automotive and electronics sector in Asia Pacific. Rise in disposable income is shifting consumer interest toward luxurious vehicles.
- OEMs and aftermarket equipment makers are investing in research to integrate several systems into a single system in order to reduce final size and overall weight of products. This would enable vehicles to install more number of systems such as ADAS with advanced navigation system, roll over detection system, and hill start assist system. These systems use gyroscopes for enabling effective vehicle positioning. All these factors indicate high rate of growth of the automotive gyrometer market in the region.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Automotive Gyrometer Market, ask for a customized report
Key Players Operating in Global Automotive Gyrometer Market
The global automotive gyrometer market is highly concentrated with top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global automotive gyrometer market are:
- Sensonsor AS
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Analog Devices Inc.
- InvenSense, Inc.
- Northrop Grumman LITEF GmbH
- Colibrys Ltd.
- Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd
- Fizoptika Corp.
- KVH Industries, Inc.
- HELLA GmbH & Co. KGaA
- NXP Semiconductors N.V.
- Systron Donner Inertial
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Kionix, Inc.
- STMicroelectronics N.V.
Global Automotive Gyrometer Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Gyrometer Market, by Vehicle Type
Global Automotive Gyrometer Market, by Dimension
Global Automotive Gyrometer Market, by Application System
- ADAS and Internal Navigation
- Roll Over Detection
- Hill Start Assist
- Electronic Parking Brake
- Vehicle Stability Control
- Dynamic Headlight Leveling
Global Automotive Gyrometer Market, by Product Type
- Dynamically Turned Gyrometer
- MEMS (Micro Electro Mechanical System) Gyrometer
- Ring Laser Gyrometer
- Fiber Optic Gyrometer
Global Automotive Gyrometer Market, by End-use Industry
- Remote Operated Vehicle
Global Automotive Gyrometer Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.