Automotive Fusion Sensors: Introduction
- Recent developments in the vehicle industry have led to modern vehicles being equipped with safety and drive assist systems, including Automated Emergency Braking System (AEBS), Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), Forward Collision Warning (FCW) system, Driver Fatigue Monitoring (DFM) system, etc. Such systems continuously gather data through RADAR, LiDAR, cameras, and a combination of sensors incorporated within the vehicle. Automotive sensor fusion enables gathering data received through different channels, such as cameras, sensors, RADAR, LiDAR, and ultrasonic sound technology to calculate correct position and alignment information to perceive surroundings of the vehicle. Autonomous vehicles encompass ADAS, AEBS, ACC, FCWS, and DFMS ensuring safety of both passengers and driver, thereby propelling of the global fusion sensors market.
Key Drivers of Automotive Fusion Sensors Market
- As per the European Commission, 25,600 people died in road accidents in 2016. In order to ensure public safety, various system manufactures and regulatory organizations have invested in developing safety features. For instance, automatic emergency braking system slows down and stops the vehicle automatically in case it senses some obstacle in the path of the vehicle. As per the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), approximately 3,166 people were killed by distracted driving in 2017. In order to increase driver’s attention while driving a vehicle, OEM are incorporating driver assist systems and driver fatigue monitoring systems. These systems gather data and process it with the help of fusion sensors accurately in order to avoid collision, accidents, ensuring safety of passengers and drivers. The demand in safety features incorporating various electronic devices and equipment drives market for automotive fusion sensors.
- As the autonomous vehicle technology is progressing from a simple driver assist technology to self-driving fully autonomous vehicles, driverless cars have become a reality. This increases personal safety, saves travelling time, and reduces transportation cost. Autonomous vehicles are connected IoT vehicles, which are powered by Artificial Intelligence (AI). Various systems are responsible for different features that are operated individually. The AI operates various systems simultaneously, generating new data continuously. All the data is only an input provided by cameras, sensors in vehicles, and in raw format that needs further processing for AI to make decisions. The demand for automotive fusion sensors can be attributed to continuous data processing by AI system for decision making.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Threat of New Entrants
- Availability of various investors and government subsidies for entrepreneurs have enabled new players to enter the automotive fusion sensors market. In order to capture the current market, new business players are lowering prices for their technologies. This creates a seemingly large gap between prices offered by OEMs and new entrants for similar technologies. This is a strategical challenge for OEMs and aftermarket players.
Continuous Development of Autonomous Vehicles Offers Lucrative Opportunities
- Continuous trials and development in order to meet customer expectations for safety and luxury can be attributed to the rise in demand for autonomous AI powered vehicles and electric vehicles incorporating various systems such as IoT, AEB. Automotive fusion sensors are used for controlling, monitoring, and processing the data generated by various system input devices such as proximity sensors, motion detectors, cameras, and others. The extensive use of such input devices in autonomous and electrical vehicles, which generate data constantly, is propelling the market for automotive fusion sensors.
North America to Lead Automotive Fusion Sensors Market
- Increase in investments from various investors and government organizations, such as defense, are fueling the market for automotive fusion sensors in North America
- Customers are registering and buying electrical vehicles, owing to improved lifestyle and increased disposable income, thus fueling the demand for automotive fusion sensors in the region
- Asia Pacific is the most favorable market for automotive fusion sensors. China dominates the market in Asia Pacific region, owing to high sales of electric vehicles in the country
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Automotive Fusion Sensors Market, ask for a customized report
Key Players Operating in Global Automotive Fusion Sensors Market
The global automotive fusion sensors market is highly concentrated with top manufacturers. Some of the key players operating in the global market are:
- Kionix Inc.
- Hillcrest Labs
- Konux GmbH
- PNI Sensor Corporation
- InvenSense Inc.
- BASELABS GmbH
- Bosch Sensortec GmbH
- Analog Devices Inc.
- NXP Semiconductors N.V.
- STMicroelectronics N.V.
- Memsic Inc.
- Senion Inc.
Global Automotive Fusion Sensors Market – Research Scope
Global Automotive Fusion Sensors Market, by Propulsion Type
Global Automotive Fusion Sensors Market, by Application System
- Automated Emergency Braking System (AEBS)
- Adaptive Cruise Control System (ACC)
- Forward Collision Warning System (FCWS)
- Driver Fatigue Monitoring System (DFMS)
- Advanced Drive Assist System (ADAS)
Global Automotive Fusion Sensors Market, by type of end user
- Aerospace Industry
- Automotive Industry
- Construction Industry
- Electronics & Telecommunication Industry
Global Automotive Fusion Sensors Market, by Type of Automakers
Global Automotive Fusion Sensors Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.