Automotive Engine Ring: Introduction
- Engine rings are expandable rings that provide a seal between the piston and cylinder wall. Engine rings are generally made of cast iron, which possess elasticity that enables them to regains their original size and shape after removal of load.
- Engine rings generally seal the combustion chamber in an engine cylinder, where the gases are compressed at high pressure. These rings help conduct the heat from the piston to the cylinder wall and return oil to the crankcase. Engine rings may vary in size and dimensions depending on engine design and cylinder material.
Key Drivers of Automotive Engine Ring Market
- Engine rings transfers the heat generated in the combustion chamber to the cylinder walls, which comprises approximately 70% of the total heat generated in the engine. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration USA mandates automotive manufacturers to increase the fuel efficiency of their vehicles. Engine rings can withstand at high temperature and pressure of combustion gases.
- Rise in demand for lightweight engines is estimated to play key role in the engine rings market. Light weight engines entails reduction in the size of the components including piston, engine rings, and cylinder head. Pistons of aluminum alloy and engine rings of stainless steel contribute significantly toward reducing the weight of the engine.
- Engine rings seal the combustion chamber from the cylinder wall, which also prevents the oil from entering into the cylinder wall. If the oil flows into the cylinder wall, it will mix with the burnt gases, which in turn would increase the emission of gases including Nitrogen oxide (NOX), Carbon Monoxide (CO) causing air pollution. Thus, engine rings help minimize air pollution. This results in optimal fuel consumption, which in turn is estimated to boost the engine rings market.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Engine Ring Market, Request for a Sample
Asia Pacific to Hold Significant Share of Global Automotive Engine Ring Market
- The vehicle market in Asia Pacific witnessed significant expansion, around 86 million cars were sold, globally, in 2018. China accounts for nearly 30% of global vehicles sales India is the fourth-largest car market in the world, which was finally able to outsell Germany.
- Engine rings market have significant growth in two wheeler market, two wheeler uses lightweight engines thus will boost engine rings market. In 2018, two wheeler total sales is about 62 million, which was 1.8% higher than the previous year. Asia Pacific includes countries such as India, China, Indonesia, and Vietnam, which witnessed significant increase in sales of 2-wheelers as well as passenger and commercial vehicles. All the factors mentioned above are projected to propel the engine rings market.
Key Players Operating in Automotive engine ring Market:
The automotive engine ring market is witnessing continuous expansion, as a large number of players operates in the market. A few of the key players operating in the automotive engine ring market are:
- MAHLE GmbH
- Federal Mogul Corporation
- Grant Piston Rings
- Grover Corporation
- Hunan ZhengYuanDongli Parts Co., Ltd.
- Anhui Huan Xin Group Co., Ltd.
- Samkrg Pistons & Rings Ltd.
- India Pistons & Rings Ltd.
- Shriram Pistons & Rings Ltd.
- ASIMCO Technologies Group Ltd.
- TPR CO., LTD.
- RIKEN CORPORATION
- NIPPON PISTON RING Co., Ltd.
- IP Rings Ltd.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Automotive Engine Ring Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Engine Ring Market, by Ring Type
- Wiper or Napier Ring
- Compression Ring
- Oil control Ring
Global Automotive Engine Ring Market, by Vehicle Type
- Two Wheeler
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive Engine Ring Market, by Material
- Stainless Steel
- Cast Iron
Global Automotive Engine Ring Market, by Engine Type
- 2 stroke Engine
- 4 stroke Engine
Global Automotive Engine Ring Market, by Fuel Type
Global Automotive Engine Ring Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Engine Ring Market, by Region
- North America
- Nordic Region
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.