Automotive Engine Ignition Coil: Introduction
- An ignition coil is an integral part of an engine, which is required to create a high voltage spark that is needed for combustion. An ignition coil primarily consists of copper windings and a casing made of plastic or laminated iron.
- The vehicle ignition coil acts as a transformer and amplifies a low voltage power supply to high voltage, which creates a spark at the end of the spark plug that is fitted into the combustion chamber of an engine. For instance, a typical ignition coil is able to amplify a 12 volts power supply to around 25,000 to 30,000 volts.
- A properly functioning ignition coil ensures a timely spark and ensures no delay in combustion of fuel and thereby, on-time vehicle start
Key Drivers of Global Automotive Engine Ignition Coil Market
- The ignition coil needs to be well-maintained in order to avoid backfiring and stalling of the vehicle, which is likely to augment the market. Backfiring of an engine indicates failure of the ignition coil, as an engine backfires if the spark is not generated in the combustion chamber, which results in poor fuel economy.
- According to WHO data, 80% of people living in urban areas are exposed to air quality levels that exceed WHO guideline limits and is not suitable for living. Furthermore, the data claims that about 7 million people die each year owing to air pollution. Vehicle emission contributes significantly to air pollution worldwide. Therefore, demand for higher ignition voltage in the restricted space of a combustion chamber, in order to reduce emissions and lower fuel consumption, is driving the need for development of ignition coils. For instance, Diamond Electric MFG. Co., Ltd., Japan has developed a new ignition method that can discharge sparks multiple times to a thousandth of a second and deliver high voltage output. This ensures stable combustion and has improved fuel consumption by 2%.
- Regulatory organizations and government authorities including World Health Organization, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Environmental Protection UK and National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, USA are providing guidelines and enacting stringent rules and regulations to control air pollution and curb climate change. For instance, vehicle standards such as Clean Air Act Amendments (CAAA), California Standards (CARB), Japanese emission standards for gasoline and LPG passenger cars, and Euro 5/6 standards are being implemented in several countries worldwide to reduce air pollution.
- All the factors mentioned above are, consequently, propelling the global automotive engine ignition coil market
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Aftermarket segment to offer lucrative opportunities to automotive engine ignition coil market
- An automotive engine ignition coil lasts for approximately 30,000 miles and its life may vary as per the manufacturer’s warranty
- Federal laws in the U.S. have prompted automakers to install an ignition coil and ignition module on new vehicles that should be warranted for at least two years or 24,000 miles, whichever occurs first.
- Ignition coil should always be maintained in a good operating condition, as it is responsible for optimal performance of the engine and subsequently, the vehicle
- Shorter lifespan of engine ignition coil and severe government regulations on regular replacements of ignition coil to ensure vehicle fuel economy are key factors propelling the global automotive engine ignition coil market
Asia Pacific to dominate global automotive engine ignition coil market
- Rapid urbanization and expansion of construction, e-commerce, and mining industries is driving logistics activity in countries such as India, China, Malaysia, and Thailand, in the region. This, in turn, is fueling the demand for commercial vehicles in Asia Pacific, thereby boosting the automotive engine ignition coil market in Asia Pacific.
Key players operating in global automotive engine ignition coil market:
The global automotive engine ignition coil market is highly concentrated with top manufacturers. Few key players operating in the global automotive engine ignition coil market are:
- BorgWarner Inc.
- Walker Products, Inc.
- MARSHALL ELECTRIC, CORP
- Denso Corporation
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Hitachi Automotive Systems Ltd.
- Diamond Electric Mfg. Co. Ltd.
- Mitsubishi Electric Corp.
- Delphi Auto Parts
- HELLA GmbH & Co. KGaA
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Automotive Engine Ignition Coil Market, ask for a customized report
Global Automotive Engine Ignition Coil Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Engine Ignition Coil Market, by Vehicle
- Commercial Vehicle
- Passenger Vehicle
Global Automotive Engine Ignition Coil Market, by Technology
- Plug Shaft (Smart Plug/ Single Spark Ignition Coil)
- Double Spark Ignition Coil
- Dual Coil Ignition Coil
- Other (Canister Type Ignition Coil, etc.)
Global Automotive Engine Ignition Coil Market, by Turbocharger
- Single Turbocharger
- Electro-assist Turbocharger
- VGT Turbocharger
Global Automotive Engine Ignition Coil Market, by Shape of Ignition Coil
- Pencil Ignition Coils
- Block Ignition Coils
- Cassette Ignition Coils
Global Automotive Engine Ignition Coil Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Engine Ignition Coil Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.