Automotive Engine Control Systems Market: Introduction
Engine control system is the central controller and heart of the engine management system. It controls the fuel supply, air management, fuel injection, and ignition. The control unit is also able to control the exhaust system as well as integrate transmission and vehicle functions due to the scalability of its performance.
Key Drivers of Automotive Engine Control Systems Market
- Presently, countries around the world are shifting their focus toward increasing the stringency of automotive environmental standards around the world with the inclusion of international standardization of driving test modes, tighter rules on particulates for gasoline-powered vehicles, and CO2 incentives. Consequently, automakers are equipping with engine management systems to suit different needs and to comply with the changing norms. Systems for reducing CO2 emissions include engine control systems that allow higher compression ratios and stop & start systems that extend the length of time the engine is stopped. Remarkable advances are also being made in fuel injectors, variable valve mechanisms, starters, controllers, and other components used in these systems.
Restrains in Automotive Engine Control Systems Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has affected national as well as international automotive supply chains, manufacturing, and R&D operations and consequently, hampered the automotive industry. Post first wave of COVID-19 global economies have started opening up automotive manufacturing and supply chain operations. Thus, the COVID impact on the industry have seems to reach a state of normalcy; however, a resurgence in COVID-19 cases in countries across Europe has prompted governments to impose a second round of lockdown restrictions and hence, uncertainty in the automotive industry continues. A gradual recovery in the demand for automotive has been witnessed in the last few months despite concerns around the risk of a second wave of infection in numerous countries.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Opportunities in Automotive Engine Control Systems Market
- In April 2020, U.S National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and Environmental Protection agency have amended the Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) and greenhouse gas emissions standards for passenger cars and light trucks and established new less stringent standards, covering model years 2012 to 2016 in phase 1, and model years 2017 to 2025 in phase 2. Introduction of these standards is likely to act as a major opportunity for the adoption of engine control systems technology.
- Major automotive players have been involved in enhancing the current engine technology through extensive R&D investments. This is likely to further boost the scope of improving performance and extending technology to a wide class of vehicles.
Europe to hold dominant share in the Automotive Engine Control Systems Market
- Europe is a major market for automotive control systems with the stringent implementation of emission norms in the region. The EU is making road transport cleaner by enacting new stringent carbon dioxide emissions standards for cars and light commercial vehicles. This would bring the EU closer to achieving its climate targets and would ensure that car manufacturers contribute to the efforts in reduction of greenhouse gas emissions. The aim of the regulation adopted by the Council is to ensure that from 2030 onwards, new cars would emit on average 37.5% less CO2 and new vans would emit on average 31% less CO2, as compared to 2021 levels. Between 2025 and 2029, both cars and vans are expected to emit 15% less CO2. These are EU-wide fleet targets. The CO2 reduction effort is anticipated to be distributed among manufacturers on the basis of the average mass of their vehicle fleet.
Key Players Operating in Automotive Engine Control Systems Market
The global automotive engine control systems market is fragmented with limited players. A few of the key players operating in the global automotive engine control systems market are:
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Continental AG
- Denso Corp
- Hitachi Ltd
- MOTORTECH GmbH
- TOSHIBA ELECTRONIC DEVICES & STORAGE CORPORATION
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Engine Control Systems Market, Request for a Sample
Global Automotive Engine Control Systems Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Engine Control Systems Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Car
- Buses and Coaches
Global Automotive Engine Control Systems Market, by Demand
- New Demand
Global Automotive Engine Control Systems Market, by Powertrain
- Fuel Cell System
Global Automotive Engine Control Systems Market, by Region
- North America
- Nordic Region
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.