Automotive Emission Control Catalyst Market: Introduction
- The global automotive emission control catalyst market is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, owing to rising application areas such as automotive, industrial and the stringent emission regulations due to increased concern over environmental pollution are key factors driving the growth of the global automotive emission control catalyst market.
- Automotive emission control catalysts are used to breakdown the harmful pollutants in the exhaust system of an automotive vehicles to release less harmful pollutants into the environment. It is used in the exhaust system of vehicles to control the emission of harmful gases, which includes hydrocarbons, carbon oxides, nitrogen oxides, and other particulate matter, into the atmosphere.
- The European Union countries such as Europe, U.K. have established emission control standards to control release of pollutant from vehicles into the atmosphere. This is factor is likely to drive the global automotive emissions control catalyst market during the forecast period.
To clarify your doubts about the report on Automotive Emission Control Catalyst Market, Request a Brochure here
Key Drivers of Automotive Emission Control Catalyst Market
- The automotive emission control catalyst market is anticipated to expand at rapid growth, due to the stringent emission regulations and increasing concerns over the environmental pollution. Automobiles is the largest market for automotive emission control catalyst, due to the rapid growth in car sales and strict emission standards.
- Automotive emissions control catalyst helps to convert harmful gases into less toxic gases such as nitrogen and carbon dioxide. Platinum, palladium, rhodium, and other expensive metals are used as catalysts in automobile vehicles, which increases the cost of the automotive catalyst. However, manufacturers are inclined towards adopting technologically advanced nanotechnology to enable them use expensive metals efficiently.
Palladium Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- The palladium segment constituted major share of the global automotive emission control catalyst market in 2018. The segment is anticipated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period due to its rising uses in the catalytic converters for heavy duty and light duty vehicles and also in the marine and locomotive industry.
- Palladium is widely used an oxidation catalyst in diesel catalytic converters in the past few years. It is more widely used in gasoline auto catalysts or petrol-based engines due to its excellent properties such as low melting point and ductility.
- Based on application, the automotive segment comprises of largest market share in 2018. The developing nations have constantly rising production of automobile vehicles. According to the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM), India became the fourth largest automobile industry in the world with the increase in sales of 9.5% year-on-year to 4.2 million units by 2020. This rise in automobile production in developing nations automatically leads to increased production in demand for automotive catalysts for emission control devices in automobile exhaust systems. Therefore, increase in automobile production is anticipated to boost the growth of the automotive emission control catalyst market.
High Prices is Likely to Hamper Market
- Automotive emission control catalyst market is mainly affected by the growing production of electric vehicles. Furthermore, high cost of precious metals such as palladium, platinum and rhodium used in automotive catalyst hinders the growth of the market.
- The market is also affected by the factors such as dependence of performance on temperature and loss of activity through poisoning and thermal deactivation which is hindering the growth of the market. However, several government are taking initiatives regarding environment protection and innovation in emission technologies for fuel efficiency which is anticipated to provide growth opportunities to the automotive emission control catalyst market.
Europe Expected to Hold Major Share of Global Automotive Emission Control Catalyst Market
- In terms of value and volume, Europe dominated the global automotive emission control catalyst market in 2018. The region is likely to remain highly lucrative during the forecast period, due to rising stringent regulations implemented by the European Commission for the reduction of carbon emissions. For instance, Euro 6, European emission standards is a European government initiative for emission control in the European region.
- Asia Pacific is the fastest growing region for the automotive emission control catalyst market due to the presence of several automotive manufacturing facilities in China, India, South Korea and Japan.
- Latin America is also the key region for the market due to rising investment in automobile sector in the region. Countries such as Iran, Taiwan, and Mexico the automobiles production has increased, the government policies are also favorable, and there is also increase in the domestic consumption of vehicles in these countries thus driving the automotive emission control catalyst market.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Automotive Emission Control Catalyst Market, ask for a customized report
Key Players in Market
Key players operating in the global automotive emission control catalyst market include:
- BASF SE
- Johnson Matthey
- Tenneco Inc.
- Clean Diesel Technologies, Inc.
- Cummins Inc.
- Ecocat India Pvt. Ltd.
- Klarius Products Ltd.
- CDTi Advanced Materials, Inc.
Global Automotive Emission Control Catalyst Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Emission Control Catalyst Market, by Product
Global Automotive Emission Control Catalyst Market, by Application
- Gasoline Engine
- Diesel Engine
Global Automotive Emission Control Catalyst Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.