Automotive Emission Control Catalyst Market: Introduction
- The global automotive emission control catalyst market is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, owing to rising application areas such as automotive, industrial and the stringent emission regulations due to increased concern over environmental pollution are key factors driving the growth of the global automotive emission control catalyst market.
- Automotive emission control catalysts are used to breakdown the harmful pollutants in the exhaust system of an automotive vehicles to release less harmful pollutants into the environment. It is used in the exhaust system of vehicles to control the emission of harmful gases, which includes hydrocarbons, carbon oxides, nitrogen oxides, and other particulate matter, into the atmosphere.
- The European Union countries such as Europe, U.K. have established emission control standards to control release of pollutant from vehicles into the atmosphere. This is factor is likely to drive the global automotive emissions control catalyst market during the forecast period.
To clarify your doubts about the report on Automotive Emission Control Catalyst Market, Request a Brochure here
Key Drivers of Automotive Emission Control Catalyst Market
- The automotive emission control catalyst market is anticipated to expand at rapid growth, due to the stringent emission regulations and increasing concerns over the environmental pollution. Automobiles is the largest market for automotive emission control catalyst, due to the rapid growth in car sales and strict emission standards.
- Automotive emissions control catalyst helps to convert harmful gases into less toxic gases such as nitrogen and carbon dioxide. Platinum, palladium, rhodium, and other expensive metals are used as catalysts in automobile vehicles, which increases the cost of the automotive catalyst. However, manufacturers are inclined towards adopting technologically advanced nanotechnology to enable them use expensive metals efficiently.
Palladium Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- The palladium segment constituted major share of the global automotive emission control catalyst market in 2018. The segment is anticipated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period due to its rising uses in the catalytic converters for heavy duty and light duty vehicles and also in the marine and locomotive industry.
- Palladium is widely used an oxidation catalyst in diesel catalytic converters in the past few years. It is more widely used in gasoline auto catalysts or petrol-based engines due to its excellent properties such as low melting point and ductility.
- Based on application, the automotive segment comprises of largest market share in 2018. The developing nations have constantly rising production of automobile vehicles. According to the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM), India became the fourth largest automobile industry in the world with the increase in sales of 9.5% year-on-year to 4.2 million units by 2020. This rise in automobile production in developing nations automatically leads to increased production in demand for automotive catalysts for emission control devices in automobile exhaust systems. Therefore, increase in automobile production is anticipated to boost the growth of the automotive emission control catalyst market.
High Prices is Likely to Hamper Market
- Automotive emission control catalyst market is mainly affected by the growing production of electric vehicles. Furthermore, high cost of precious metals such as palladium, platinum and rhodium used in automotive catalyst hinders the growth of the market.
- The market is also affected by the factors such as dependence of performance on temperature and loss of activity through poisoning and thermal deactivation which is hindering the growth of the market. However, several government are taking initiatives regarding environment protection and innovation in emission technologies for fuel efficiency which is anticipated to provide growth opportunities to the automotive emission control catalyst market.
Europe Expected to Hold Major Share of Global Automotive Emission Control Catalyst Market
- In terms of value and volume, Europe dominated the global automotive emission control catalyst market in 2018. The region is likely to remain highly lucrative during the forecast period, due to rising stringent regulations implemented by the European Commission for the reduction of carbon emissions. For instance, Euro 6, European emission standards is a European government initiative for emission control in the European region.
- Asia Pacific is the fastest growing region for the automotive emission control catalyst market due to the presence of several automotive manufacturing facilities in China, India, South Korea and Japan.
- Latin America is also the key region for the market due to rising investment in automobile sector in the region. Countries such as Iran, Taiwan, and Mexico the automobiles production has increased, the government policies are also favorable, and there is also increase in the domestic consumption of vehicles in these countries thus driving the automotive emission control catalyst market.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Automotive Emission Control Catalyst Market, ask for a customized report
Key Players in Market
Key players operating in the global automotive emission control catalyst market include:
- BASF SE
- Johnson Matthey
- Tenneco Inc.
- Clean Diesel Technologies, Inc.
- Cummins Inc.
- Ecocat India Pvt. Ltd.
- Klarius Products Ltd.
- CDTi Advanced Materials, Inc.
Global Automotive Emission Control Catalyst Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Emission Control Catalyst Market, by Product
Global Automotive Emission Control Catalyst Market, by Application
- Gasoline Engine
- Diesel Engine
Global Automotive Emission Control Catalyst Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.