Automotive Emergency Call system Market: Introduction
- Demand for automotive emergency call (eCall) system is attributed to a rise the demand for enhanced safety in vehicles. Several automakers including, Ford Motors, Toyota, Volkswagen, Volvo, Audi and BMW are incorporating the automotive emergency call system in their vehicles across different models.
- Automotive emergency call systems comprise an automated voice response that would be delivered to an emergency service provider via an auto call on an emergency number. An automated call is generated in response to either the deployment of airbags in vehicles, a vehicle crash, or vehicle breakdown. Furthermore, other information including vehicle geo-coordinates, vehicle model, and vehicle diagnostic information is sent over SMS through established communication to emergency service providers including medical, fire, and car service centers. This, in turn, enables the responsible organizations to deploy necessary help to the location of the vehicle crash.
Key drivers of global automotive emergency call system market
- Rise in demand for safety services from consumers is driving automakers to install eCall systems or emergency call systems in their vehicles, which in turn, is boosting the global automotive emergency call system market. An automotive emergency call system intends to help a consumer in case of vehicle breakdown or vehicle crash. In case of these emergencies, an eCall system establishes contact over an SMS, which contains vehicle geo-coordinates, vehicle model information, and vehicle diagnostics information. Furthermore, an automated voice message is sent to the emergency service provider via a call.
- After receiving the distress signal from a vehicle eCall system, the artificial intelligence system at the emergency service provider analyzes the data and determines the type of service to be deployed in order to help the respective vehicle. Subsequently, the AI system is expected to automatically generate a call to emergency service providers including medical centers, car service centers, vehicle towing services, and fire department, thereby resulting in timely dispatch or deployment of a service vehicle at the emergency spot.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Emergency Call System Market, Request for a Sample
- Stringent regulations and vehicle standards enacted by government organizations pertaining to vehicle safety are prompting automakers to install emergency call systems in their vehicles that are intended to automatically alert first-responder services whenever an accident or car breakdown occurs. Enhanced quality of emergency services and timely response of respective organizations enables service vehicles to reach the intended location and help drivers or occupants requiring assistance in case of vehicle crash or vehicle breakdown on time, preventing any probable fatalities.
Europe to hold a significant share of global automotive emergency call system market
- Rise in installation of eCall systems in vehicles due to government regulations and organizations, including the European Commission, in Europe are driving the automotive emergency call system market in the region. For instance, the European Commission has mandated all automakers to install eCall systems in new cars and vans manufactured from 2018 onwards. Furthermore, rising trend of joint ventures between automakers and emergency service providing organizations is propelling the automotive emergency call system market in Europe.
Key players operating in global automotive emergency call system market
The global automotive emergency call system market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global automotive emergency call system market are:
- Continental AG
- Texas Instruments Incorporated
- GEMALTO (Thales Group)
- Robert Bosch GmbH
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Automotive Emergency Call System Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Emergency Call System Market, by Vehicle type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Hatch Back
- Commercial Vehicle
- Light Commercial
- Heavy Commercial
Global Automotive Emergency Call System Market, by Level of Autonomous Vehicle
- Fully Autonomous Vehicle
- Semi-Autonomous Vehicle
Global Automotive Emergency Call System Market, by Propulsion Type
- Internal Combustion Engine (ICE)
Global Automotive Emergency Call System Market, by Service Provider
- Medical (Ambulance)
- Fire Department
- Car Service Center
- Others (Towing Services, etc.)
Global Automotive Emergency Call System Market, by Component
- GPS systems
- NFC system or Wi-Fi system
- Sim Card (GSM/CDMA/eSim)
- Power Supply
- RF Antennas
- Electronic Control Unit (ECU)
Global Automotive Emergency Call System Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Emergency Call System Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.