Automotive Electric Turbocharger Market: Introduction
- Stringent regulations pertaining to vehicle efficiency coupled with rising demand for reducing vehicle emissions are expected to drive the global automotive electric turbocharger market
- Conventional turbochargers use vehicle exhaust gases to spin a turbine, which transports more air into the engine. More air means more combustion, and more combustion means more power. However, exhaust-driven turbochargers require the vehicle to reach a certain speed to work effectively. At low engine speeds, the volume of exhaust gases is too low to initiate the turbochargers, which creates a turbo-lag. However, electric turbochargers eliminate the turbo-lag, provide linear supply of power, and increase the speed of the vehicle efficiently.
Key Drivers of Automotive Electric Turbocharger Market
- Research and development on enhancement of electric vehicle power efficiency is expected to drive the global automotive electric turbocharger market. For instance, Audi uses a 48-volt electrical system for power, which harvests energy from braking and stores it in a small lithium-ion battery pack. The electric-turbocharger hardware increases vehicle weight by 22 pounds; however, it reduces throttle response time to 250 milliseconds. Furthermore, the automotive electric turbocharger is specially optimized for attachment to the electric motor, providing a powerful boost to pure electric, i.e. battery electric, vehicles as well as hybrid electric vehicles.
- Various automotive giants and auto component manufacturing companies are cooperating with each other in order to improve the overall energy efficiency, reduce power losses, and increase cruising miles driven by vehicles. The electric turbocharger eliminates the need for running an air compressor on vehicle exhausts and is powered by an electric motor in the vehicle, which in turn reduces fuel consumption in the vehicle. This, in turn, enhances the fuel efficiency of the vehicle.
- However, disruptions in supply chain catering to the automobile industry, owing to the shutdown of production and manufacturing facilities caused by the coronavirus pandemic across the world, is estimated to contract the market in 2020-2021. Consequently, the coronavirus pandemic has hampered the global automotive electric turbocharger market.
- The market is anticipated to recover by increasing production volume of vehicle components as well as vehicles in 2021. This, in turn, is projected to offer lucrative opportunity to players operating in the supply chain of the automotive electric turbocharger market during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Europe to account for major share of global automotive electric turbocharger market
- In terms of region, the global automotive electric turbocharger market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa
- Europe is expected to account for a major share of the global automotive electric turbocharger market. Stringent norms imposed by governments in several countries across this region regarding carbon emissions are expected to boost the adoption of electric cars. This, in turn, is estimated to offer significant opportunities for companies operating in the automotive electric turbocharger market. Presence of several large electric car vendors in Europe is another factor boosting the market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Automotive Electric Turbocharger Market
The global automotive electric turbocharger market is highly concentrated due to the presence of top manufacturers. A few key players operating in the global automotive electric turbocharger market are:
- Garrett Motion
- Continental AG
- Aptiv PLC
- Cummins Inc.
- Ningbo Motor Industrial Co. Ltd.
- Precision Turbo and Engine Inc.
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Rotomaster International
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries. Ltd
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Electric Turbocharger Market, Request for a Sample
Global Automotive Electric Turbocharger Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Electric Turbocharger Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicles
- Light Duty Vehicle
- Commercial Vehicle
- Medium Duty Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Duty Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive Electric Turbocharger Market, by Electric Vehicle Type
- Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV)
- Hybrid Electric Vehicles (HEV)
- Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicles (PHEV)
Global Automotive Electric Turbocharger Market, by Propulsion
- Gasoline Powered
- Diesel Powered
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.