Automotive Dynamic Sensors Market: Introduction
- Dynamic sensors measure rapidly changing parameters and provide the measured information to the vehicle’s control unit in order to prompt the driver or initiate corrective action
- Automatic dynamic sensors increase the on-road stability of vehicles at high speeds and in challenging road conditions, optimize engine performance, and deliver better ride experience
Key Drivers of Automotive Dynamic Sensors Market
- OEMs are increasingly investing in advanced technologies to enhance the autonomy levels of their vehicles. These new vehicles, with certain levels of autonomy, are highly dependent on the digital input obtained from an extensive network of sensors to map the vehicle environment and navigate it safely without going off-road or losing balance at high speeds and tight corners. Automotive dynamic sensors provide information about the vehicle’s linear acceleration and rotational rate, which assists self-driving vehicles to analyze their position. Thus, the vital role of dynamic sensors in the growing number of autonomous vehicles is propelling the automotive dynamic sensors market across the globe.
- Transportation regulatory agencies of various nations have amended their rating standards for vehicles with an increased focus on safety technologies. Consequently, automakers are incorporating latest active and passive safety technologies, such as antilock braking system, and electronic stability control, as a standard feature in their vehicle models to increase their ratings and subsequently, boost acceptance by customers. Dynamic sensors are an integral part of these safety technologies, as they provide information related to lateral and longitudinal dynamics of vehicles, which prevents a roll-over and increases the stability of vehicles. These sensors also assist occupant restraint systems, such as seatbelts and airbags, to predict accident. Thus, increasing incorporation of advanced safety technologies in vehicles is driving the global automotive dynamic sensors market.
Automotive Dynamic Sensors Market: Challenges
- Incorporation of more number of sensors and other electronic components increase the complexity in aftermarket repair and maintenance, as local garages lack skill and expertise to repair these new systems. This increased complexity of automotive systems coupled with a rise in prices is restraining the global automotive dynamic sensors market.
Opportunity in Global Automotive Dynamic Sensors Market
- Semiconductor and microelectronics companies are continuously developing novel sensor solutions for automotive applications. Emergence of new advanced dynamic sensors, such as ring laser gyroscope sensor which provides more accurate information to the vehicle control units, is expected to offer significant opportunities for global automotive dynamic sensors market during the forecast period.
North America and Europe to hold significant share of global automotive dynamic sensors market
- North America and Europe accounted for a prominent share of the global automotive dynamic sensors market owing to the high number of automobile owners in these regions and a rise in sale of luxury vehicles due to an increase in disposable income of populations in these regions. These luxury vehicles are equipped with numerous driver assistance features that enhance the safety of occupants and render certain level of autonomy to vehicles. Rise in sale of these high-end vehicles is propelling the automotive dynamic sensors market.
Key Players Operating in Automotive Dynamic Sensors Market
The automotive dynamic sensors market is expanding consistently, as a large number of players operate in the market. A few of the key players operating in the automotive dynamic sensors market are:
- Analog Devices, Inc.
- BorgWarner Inc.
- Continental AG
- Epson America, Inc.
- General Electric
- Hitachi High-Tech Corporation
- Infineon Technologies AG
- Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
- NXP Semiconductors
- Panasonic Corporation
- Parker Hannifin Corp
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Sensata Technologies, Inc.
- TDK Corporation
Global Automotive Dynamic Sensors Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Dynamic Sensors Market, by Sensor Type
- Pressure Sensor
Global Automotive Dynamic Sensors Market, by Output Type
Global Automotive Dynamic Sensors Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Utility Vehicle
- Commercial Vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
- Buses & Coaches
Global Automotive Dynamic Sensors Market, by Electric Vehicle
- Battery Electric Vehicle
- Hybrid Electric Vehicle
- Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle
Global Automotive Dynamic Sensors Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Dynamic Sensors Market, by Region
- North America
- Nordic Region
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!