Automotive Dual Mass Flywheel Market
Automotive Dual Mass Flywheel Market (Transmission Type: Manual, Semi-automatic, and Automatic; Material: Cast Iron, Maraging Steel, and Aluminum Alloys; Vehicle Type: Passenger Vehicle, Light Commercial Vehicle, and Heavy Commercial Vehicle; and Sales Channel: OEM and Aftermarket) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020 - 2030
Press Release :
Focus on Improving Efficiency of Automotive Transmission Systems to Augment Automotive Dual Mass Flywheel Market
The automotive sector has evolved at a rapid pace over the past couple of decades, owing to technological advancements and continual innovations. Automotive transmission systems have also witnessed a fair share of development in recent times. For instance, significant improvement in speed number, widening ratio spread, and enhanced efficiency & shift quality are some of the major areas wherein advancements have occurred in the automotive transmission systems sphere. In recent years, the automotive sector is gradually moving toward electrification due to stringent legislations and guidelines pertaining to vehicle emission. The global demand for passenger vehicles, heavy commercial vehicles, and light commercial vehicles has experienced a steady growth over the past few years. However, the demand in 2020 has witnessed an unforeseen decline due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The automotive industry in major developing countries including India and China are expected to witness a modest growth over the next couple of years. The growth rate of the global automotive dual mass flywheel market is expected to take a hit in 2020. However, as the market will start to recover in the latter half of the forecast period, market players should focus on tapping into abundant opportunities in the Asia Pacific region. At the back of these factors, along with the speculated rise in the demand for automotive vehicles, the global automotive dual mass flywheel is expected to attain a market value of ~US$ 8 Bn by the end of 2030.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Automotive Dual Mass Flywheel Market
Growing Adoption of Dual Mass Flywheel to Enhance Engine Performance to Fuel Market Growth
Market players in the current automotive dual mass flywheel market are expected to take into account the evolving landscape of the automotive sector and align their product development operations with modern-day industrial requirements. In the current scenario, automotive dual mass flywheels play an imperative role in minimizing vibration, reducing noise reduction within the automotive powertrain, addressing challenges associated with engine knocking, and enhancing the overall smoothness of the shift, among others. At present, theoretical and experimental research activities within the automotive dual mass flywheel market are on the rise and the focus is on gaining insights pertaining to the torsional performance of the dual mass flywheel market during the forecast period. Several studies are emphasizing on the effect of automotive dual mass flywheels on the overall performance of torsional vibration in hybrid electric vehicles.
Recent research activities are increasingly investigating the potential of motor torque control techniques to minimize torsional vibration. Market players operating in the current automotive dual mass flywheel market are also focusing on automotive dual mass flywheel dynamics modeling.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Surge in Demand for Electric Vehicles Likely to Drive Innovations
As the automotive sector continues to make a gradual transition toward hybrid and electric vehicles, participants of the global automotive dual mass flywheel market are expected to roll out flywheels that are in tune with the demands of automotive transmission systems of hybrid and electric vehicles. Companies operating in the current market landscape are increasingly deploying resources to improve the noise vibration and harshness (NVH), shifting, and control technology of electric vehicles. In addition, companies are also focused on addressing the existing challenges in automotive transmission, including noise reduction wherein clunking, rattling, whining, bearing, and shifting are the main sound types. The demand for automotive dual mass flywheel is on the rise, particularly from automotive manufacturers to minimize fluctuation between the transmission system and engine. As shifting strategies and control technologies continue to mature, owing to technological advancements, they are likely to accelerate innovations during the forecast period.
With the advent of the COVID-19 pandemic, market players are expected to focus on marketing their products on digital platforms to enhance their brand visibility. Furthermore, market players should are also expected to collaborate with regional market leaders to improve their market share. While inorganic growth strategies are likely to gain significant traction, companies should assess the repercussions of the COVID-19 pandemic on their business structure and formulate effective strategies to stay relevant in the current market landscape. The growing demand from automotive manufacturers is likely to remain the key for the development of global automotive dual mass flywheel market in the coming years.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Automotive Dual Mass Flywheel Market
The global automotive dual mass flywheel market is expected to grow at a modest CAGR of ~3% during the forecast period. The market growth can be primarily attributed to the surge in demand for automotive vehicles worldwide, technological advancements, and growing focus on minimizing torsional vibration in automotive transmission systems. Market players should focus on improving their brand visibility by leaning on digital marketing strategies and inorganic growth strategies, including mergers and acquisitions.
Automotive Dual Mass Flywheel Market: Overview
- Automotive dual mass flywheels are an alternative to conventional single mass flywheels, which are designed to protect the driveline from the torsional vibrations of the engine. The primary function of dual mass flywheel is to store energy from each piston’s firing pulse, and then transmit it to the crankshaft so that it continues smoothly rotating through the next piston stroke. The secondary function is to dampen damaging torsional spikes caused by engine vibration.
- It has high penetration in vehicles with diesel engines and high torque output petrol engines.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Automotive Dual Mass Flywheel Market
- Rising penetration of dual mass flywheels among passenger and light commercial vehicles is likely to drive the market for automotive dual mass flywheels. Dual mass flywheels help reduce the synchronizer wear, gear noise, and chassis rattle in high-torque engine applications. Moreover, dual mass flywheels are considered highly effective in improving shifting action of gears while reducing noise, vibration, and harshness thus are increasingly adopted among performance vehicles.
- Adoption of dual mass flywheels by major automotive manufacturers, such as Honda, Ford, Acura, Hyundai, and Nissan, is contributing to boost the demand for dual mass flywheels. Additionally, a rise in global sales of passenger vehicles is boosting the demand for automotive dual mass flywheels. Increased consumer purchase parity in developing countries has boosted the demand for passenger vehicles, which in turn is estimated to drive the automotive dual mass flywheel market globally.
- Increased demand for high performing efficient engines is fueling the demand for automotive dual mass flywheel; however, high cost of the dual mass flywheel is a major factor restraining its penetration among heavy commercial and entry level passenger vehicles.
Automotive Dual Mass Flywheel Market: Segmentation
- The global automotive dual mass flywheel market has been segmented based on transmission type, material, vehicle type, sales channel, and region
- Based on transmission type, the manual segment held a leading share of the automotive dual mass flywheel market, as the penetration of the dual mass flywheel is significant among vehicles equipped with manual transmission systems. Furthermore, a few major automotive markets, such as Europe and Asia Pacific, have significantly high preference for manual transmission vehicles, which in turn is likely to drive the market for dual mass flywheel during the forecast period.
- In terms of material, maraging steel segment held a notable share of the global automotive dual mass flywheel market, owing to its cost-effectiveness and high tensile strength. Furthermore, high temperature resistance and machinability are few other characters of maraging steel, which can be attributed to the high market share of the segment in the dual mass flywheel market. Increased focus on the development of lightweight automotive components to enhance efficiency of vehicles is likely to drive the aluminum alloy segment of the global automotive dual mass flywheel market.
- Based on vehicle type, the passenger vehicle segment dominated the global automotive dual mass flywheel market, owing to high penetration of dual mass flywheels in passenger vehicles. Passenger vehicles contribute to a major share of the total vehicles produced globally and subsequently, the passenger vehicle segment held a leading share of the global automotive dual mass flywheel market in 2019.
- In terms of sales channel, the OEM segment held a dominant share of the market, globally, given that automotive dual mass flywheels generally possess high lifespan of around 4 to 5 years and in most cases, they last for throughout the life of the vehicle.
Automotive Dual Mass Flywheel Market: Regional Segmentation
- Based on region, the global automotive dual mass flywheel market is segregated into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Asia Pacific held a leading share of the global market in 2019, followed by Europe. High volume production of vehicles in Asia Pacific has resulted in the region holding a leading share of the global market.
- The automotive industry has been expanding at a notable pace for the last few years; however the spread of deadly virus (COVID 19) has significantly hampered the production of automotive industries in major countries such as China, Italy, and Iran, thus the global automotive production is anticipated to slowdown during the year of 2020 and is expected to take about 2 years to recover and regain its normal expansion rate.
- Key Players Operating in Global Automotive Dual Mass Flywheel Market
- AISIN SEIKI Co., Ltd.
- American Axle & Manufacturing, Inc.
- AMS Automotive
- AmTech International
- EXEDY Globalparts
- JMT Auto Limited
- Linamar Corporation
- LMB Euroseals (PTY) LTD
- Platinum Driveline
- Schaeffler AG
- Skyway Precision, Inc
- Tilton Engineering
- Valeo SA
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG.
Automotive Dual Mass Flywheel Market – Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research’s recent report on the automotive dual mass flywheel market, with the help of a comprehensive outlook, provides readers with an assessment of the global market landscape. This study on the automotive dual mass flywheel market analyzes the scenario for the period of 2020 to 2030, wherein 2019 is the base year and 2018 and before is historical data. This report enables readers to make important decisions with regard to their business, with the help of a wealth of information enclosed in the study.
This TMR study on the automotive dual mass flywheel market also provides data on the developments made by important players and stakeholders in the market, along with a competitive analysis. The report also provides an understanding of the strengths, weaknesses, threats, and opportunities, along with the trends and restraints in the landscape. Presented in a clear sanctioned manner, this report on the automotive dual mass flywheel market gives readers an individual understanding of the market.
This study also discusses underlying trends and impact of various factors that are driving the automotive dual mass flywheel market, along with their influence on the evolution of the market.
This study also offers Porter’s Five Point Analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory scenario, and a SWOT analysis of the automotive dual mass flywheel market, in order to elaborate the crucial growth tactics and opportunities for market players contributing to the market.
Key Questions Answered in this Report on Automotive Dual Mass Flywheel Market
- How much value will the automotive dual mass flywheel market generate by the end of the forecast period?
- Which segment of the market is likely to have the maximum market share by 2030?
- What are the impact factors and their effects on the automotive dual mass flywheel market?
- What regions currently contribute the maximum share to the overall automotive dual mass flywheel market?
- What are the indicators expected to drive the automotive dual mass flywheel market?
- What region is likely to be a lucrative market during the forecast period?
- What are the essential strategies by key stakeholders in the automotive dual mass flywheel market to expand their geographic presence?
- What are the major advancements witnessed in the automotive dual mass flywheel market?
- How regulatory norms affected the market for automotive dual mass flywheel market?
This report answers these questions and more about the automotive dual mass flywheel market, aiding major stakeholders and key players in making the right decisions and strategizing for the advancement of their business.
Automotive Dual Mass Flywheel Market: Research Methodology
This TMR report on the automotive dual mass flywheel market is based on a complete and comprehensive evaluation of the market, backed by secondary and primary sources. Market volume is determined by country wise model mapping of vehicle through internal & external proprietary databases, and relevant patent and regulatory databases. The competitive scenario of the automotive dual mass flywheel market is supported by an assessment of different factors that influence the market on a minute and granular level. By thoroughly analyzing the historical data, current trends and announcement by the key players, researchers of the automotive dual mass flywheel market arrive at predictions and estimations, and calculate the forecast for the market.
This report uses an analytical triangulation method to estimate the numbers and figures of the automotive dual mass flywheel market, with both a bottom-up and top-down approach.
This detailed assessment of the automotive dual mass flywheel market, along with an overview of the landscape is provided based on a careful examination of the avenues related to this industry. Analysts’ conclusions on how the automotive dual mass flywheel market is estimated to expand are based on carefully vetted primary and secondary sources.
Automotive Dual Mass Flywheel Market: Segmentation
This report on the automotive dual mass flywheel market provides information on the basis of vehicle type, transmission type, material, sales channel, and region.
Light Commercial Vehicle
Heavy Commercial Vehicle
Middle East & Africa