Automotive Dry Film Lubricants Market: Introduction
- Dry film lubricants reduce friction between two sliding surfaces while functioning at high operating pressure and temperature without the need for oils and greases. These lubricants offer long-lasting lubrication, protection from corrosion, and resistance to wear & tear. Dry film lubricants can operate at temperatures of up 350 0C in oxidizing environments and up to 1100 0C in non-oxidizing environments. These lubricants are made from materials such as Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), boron nitride, graphite, molybdenum disulfide (MoS2), and tungsten disulfide. Molybdenum disulfide (MoS2) is commonly used to make dry film lubricants.
Key Drivers of Automotive Dry Film Lubricants Market
- Developments in the automotive industry are aimed at reducing friction and improving efficiency of various components such as joints, gears, and linkages in vehicles, which in turn is anticipated to propel the automotive dry film lubricants market. For instance, molybdenum disulfide can offer a low coefficient of friction of up to 0.05, and it is thermally stable in an oxidizing environment. Therefore, Molybdenum-di-Sulfide (MoS2) is ideal for high-pressure applications such as hydraulics, gears, fasteners, acme screws, threaded joints, and anchor bolts. Furthermore, MoS2 is often utilized in various automobile systems such as constant-velocity joint, steering linkage, wheel bearing, pedal shafts, ball joints, and control arms.
- Dry film lubricants are extensively employed in automobile and manufacturing industries. For instance, graphite-based dry film lubricants are used in ball bearings, railway track joints, brass instrument valves, gearboxes, transmission components, etc.
- Government subsidies and policies in various countries across the world have propelled industrial growth, which in turn is expected to propel the automotive dry film lubricant market. For instance, major manufacturers have started establishing production bases in India, led by initiatives such as ‘Make in India’ by the Government of India. This has resulted in rapid industrialization, thereby boosting the demand for dry film lubricants in various heavy industries and the automobile sector. However, regulations imposed on perfluorooctanoic acid and perfluorooctane sulfonate, which are used in emulsion polymerization of polytetrafluoroethylene, are estimated to hamper the automotive dry film lubricants market.
- Disruptions in supply chain catering to the automobile industry, owing to shutdown of production and manufacturing facilities and raw material shortage caused by the coronavirus pandemic across the world, is estimated to contract the market in 2020. Consequently, the coronavirus pandemic has hampered the global automotive dry film lubricants market. The market is anticipated to recover by increasing production volume of vehicle components as well as vehicle production in 2021. This, in turn, is projected to offer lucrative opportunity to players operating in the supply chain of the automotive dry film lubricants market during the forecast period.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Dry Film Lubricants Market, Request for a Sample
Asia Pacific to dominate Automotive Dry Film Lubricants Market
- In terms of region, the global automotive dry film lubricants market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa
- Demand for dry film lubricants is likely to increase significantly in Asia Pacific during the forecast period, owing to a rise in the demand for these lubricants in automobile and manufacturing industries in the region. India and China manufacture approximately 50% of passenger vehicles in the world. Consequently, these countries are major consumers of dry film lubricants used for automobiles globally.
- Major automakers including Kia, Daimler, Audi, Jeep, and Volvo have established manufacturing facilities or are planning to start new facilities in Asia Pacific. This, in turn, is expected to offer lucrative opportunity for the players engaged in the automotive dry films lubricant market.
Key Players Operating in Automotive Dry Film Lubricants Market
The global automotive dry film lubricants market is highly concentrated due to the presence of top manufacturers. A few key players operating in the automotive dry film lubricants market are:
- ASV Multichemie Pvt., Ltd
- BECHEM Lubrication Technology
- DOW Corning
- Endura Coatings
- GMM Coatings Pvt., Ltd.
- Harves Co., Ltd.
- OKS Specialty Lubricants LLC
- Poeton Industries Limited.
- The Chemours Company
- Vitracoat America Inc.
- Whitford Corporation
- Whitmore Manufacturing Company
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Automotive Dry Film Lubricants Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Dry Film Lubricants Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicles
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive Dry Film Lubricants Market, by Material
- Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE)
- Molybdenum disulfide (MoS2)
- Tungsten Disulfide
- Boron Nitride
Global Automotive Dry Film Lubricants Market, by End-use Industry
- Heavy Industries
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.