Automotive Drive Assist Systems: Introduction
- Demand for connected vehicles powered by artificial intelligence to enhance driving experience of users is increasing. Governments of several countries across the globe are concentrating on enhancing passenger safety in order to reduce fatalities caused in road accidents. For instance, according to the data published by WHO, approximately 1.35 million people die each year as a result of road traffic crashes.
- In order to address vehicle safety concerns, several companies operating in the vehicle industry are installing drive assist systems in vehicles. For instance, vehicles are now equipped with advanced GPS systems to assist drivers. The market penetration of drive assist systems is expected to witness rapid growth in premium and mid segment vehicles in developed and emerging economies.
Key Drivers of Global Automotive Drive Assist System Market
- Rise in road fatalities globally, owing to driver negligence, lack of prior terrain knowledge, unexpected terrain shifts, especially off roads, highways, and expressways are driving the demand for vehicles with advanced safety features. Moreover, reinforcement of safety norms and standards by regulatory bodies and governments related to road travel have led to the development of advanced drive assistance systems. These systems warn the driver in advance, thus assisting in avoiding driving mistakes. This factor is projected to boost the demand for automotive drive assist systems, thereby increasing safety of passengers and reducing possibilities of road accidents.
- Major auto manufacturers, including ZF Friedrichshafen, Peugeot, BMW, Volvo, BMW, Audi, and Mercedes are offering advanced features in vehicles, such as traction control, automatic braking, cruise control, parking assist, distance alert using sensors supported with driver assist technologies that increases drivers’ alertness, and driver fatigue monitoring systems, which comprise cameras, biomedical sensors, and driver inputs. This is likely to augment the demand for drive assist systems in the near future.
- Several manufacturers are announcing the launch of IoT connected vehicles powered by AI, which will help in reducing drivers’ errors and improve performance using driver fatigue monitoring systems and driver alertness systems. This is likely to propel the demand for safety systems. Additionally, numerous collaborations among system manufacturers and OEMs are taking place to develop sophisticated and advanced systems to reduce road traffic accidents. These factors are anticipated to boost the global automotive drive assist system market during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Passenger Vehicle Type Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Number of passenger vehicles on road is more as compared to commercial vehicles. Governments of developed and developing countries are planning to mandate pre-installment of drive assist systems in vehicles to enhance safety. For instance, automatic emergency braking and damage waiver for rental vehicles are being mandated by regulating authorities in Europe. All these factors are likely to fuel the adoption of drive assist systems.
Asia Pacific Automotive Drive Assist System Market to Witness Growth
- After North America, Asia Pacific is the most lucrative market for automotive drive assist systems, owing to economic development and increase in purchasing power of people in the region. The demand for luxury vehicles and safety features is propelling the growth of the market in Asia Pacific. Safety regulations are expected to be implemented in countries, such as China, Japan, and South Korea, in order to curb road fatalities. These factors are likely to drive the Asia Pacific automotive drive assist system market.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global automotive drive assist system market is highly concentrated with key manufacturers. Some of the key players operating market are:
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
- Continental AG
- Intel Corporation
- Garmin ltd.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in automotive drive assist system market, ask for a customized report
Automotive Drive Assist System Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Drive Assist System Market, by Component
Global Automotive Drive Assist System Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive Drive Assist System Market, by Propulsion System
Global Automotive Drive Assist System Market, by Technology
- Traction Control System
- Automatic Braking System
- Parking Assist System
- Distance Alert System
Global Automotive Drive Assist System Market, by Supplier
Global Automotive Drive Assist System Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.