Automotive Domain Control Unit Market: Introduction
- Increasing trends toward vehicle electrification is expected to propel the global automotive domain control unit market. Rise in trend toward integration of automotive electronic hardware fuels the demand for domain control hardware, which enables the integration of several electronic systems on a single platform in the vehicle.
Key Drivers of automotive domain control unit market
- Rise in the demand for centralized vehicle architecture is expected to propel the global automotive domain control unit market. Modern vehicles are equipped with various electronic devices and systems, such as anti-lock braking system, active suspension system and airbag system, to enhance vehicle safety. The domain control unit (DCU) can offer a common platform to integrate all these systems, thereby driving the global domain control unit market.
- The DCU can integrate several vehicle systems owing to its powerful hardware computing capacity and availability of sundry software interfaces, which enable integration of multiple core functional modules. This, in turn, lowers the need for additional dedicated ECUs (electronic control units) and execution hardware, thus reducing the spending on research, development, and manufacture of automotive systems.
- However, disruptions in supply chain catering to the automobile industry, owing to shutdown of production and manufacturing facilities caused by the coronavirus pandemic across the world, is estimated to contract the market in 2020-2021. Consequently, the coronavirus pandemic has hampered the global automotive domain control unit market. The market is anticipated to recover by increasing production volume of vehicle components as well as vehicle production in 2021. This, in turn, is projected to offer lucrative opportunity to players operating in the supply chain of the automotive domain control unit market during the forecast period.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Domain Control Unit Market, Request for a Sample
Automotive Domain Control Unit Market: Opportunity
- Autonomous vehicles (AVs) are equipped with state-of-the-art vehicle infrastructure and several advanced technologies that require a common hardware platform to enable multi-sensor fusion, which are engaged in various applications such as localization, path planning, decision making and control, V2X, and high-speed communication. Additionally, AVs have interfaces for cameras, multiple radars, LiDAR, and IMU, which aid the ADAS (Advanced Driver Assist Systems) in the vehicle.
- The vehicle computer in AVs carry out number crunching, with the help of a built-in core processor with strong computing power. DCUs are being adopted by several major automakers to integrate all the systems mentioned earlier on a single and central hardware. This, in turn, is anticipated to offer significant opportunity to the players engaged in the design, development, and production of DCUs.
North America and Europe, cumulatively, to account for major share of global automotive domain control unit market
- In terms of region, the global automotive domain control unit market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa
- North America and Europe, cumulatively, are expected to account for a major share of the global domain control unit market. High disposable income of the population and openness toward new technologies in these regions are propelling the automotive domain control unit market. Rise in awareness about benefits of DCUs among automakers in countries across North America and Europe is further propelling the global automotive domain control unit market in these regions.
Key Players Operating in Automotive Domain Control Unit Market
The global automotive domain control unit market is highly concentrated due to the presence of top manufacturers. A few key players operating in the automotive domain control unit market are:
- Baidu Domain Controller
- Continental AG
- Desay SV
- Higo Automotive
- Hirain Technologies
- Magna International Corporation
- Neusoft Reach
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Tesla AD Platform
- Visteon Technologies
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Automotive Domain Control Unit Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Domain Control Unit Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicles
- Commercial vehicles
Global Automotive Domain Control Unit Market, by Electric Vehicle Type
- Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV)
- Hybrid Electric Vehicles (HEV)
- Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicles (PHEV)
Global Automotive Domain Control Unit Market, by Applications
- Vehicle Chassis
Global Automotive Domain Control Unit Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.