Automotive dimming mirrors are used in vehicles to avoid the high intensity reflected light from the vehicles running behind the vehicle. A dimming mirror reduces the glare by darkening the reflective surface of the mirror. Dimming mirror comprises an electrochromic material and application of electricity reduces reflection from the mirror. Dimming mirrors are also known as eletrochromic mirror, and the phenomenon of darkening the mirror surface is known as “Troxler Effect”.
The automotive dimming mirror market is anticipated to expand during the forecast period owing to rise in concern in society about safety features in vehicles. Dimming mirrors can primarily reduce accidents that take place at night due to reflection of the light distracting or hampering the visibility of the driver. Furthermore, according to scientists, glare on the driver is likely to reduce the reaction time of the driver; consequently, it may lead to accidents. Moreover, demand for dimming mirror is currently only in premium segment vehicles; however, some manufacturers are incorporating dimming mirrors into their standard segment vehicles in order to enhance their safety feature quotient. Market for dimming mirrors is anticipated to expand significantly during the forecast period due to rise in production of electric vehicles with smart features. Rapid development of autonomous vehicles is expected to restrain the automotive dimming mirror market if the rear-view mirror is eliminated from vehicles, as they are provided for the driver’s assistance.
The global automotive dimming mirror market can be segmented based on operation, position, vehicle type, sales channel, and region. Based on operation, the automatic dimming mirror segment is likely to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, owing to high demand for automatic systems in vehicles, while the non-automatic dimming mirror segment is anticipated to contract during the forecast period. Automatic dimming mirrors contain sensors that automatically enable the dimming effect during dark in order to eliminate glare on the driver’s eyes.
In terms of position, the IRVM (Inner rear-view mirror) segment is likely to hold a major share of the automotive dimming mirror market, as the IRVM has higher probabilities to distract the driver due to its position in the vehicle. Moreover, IRVMs are installed in the driver’s cabin and are safer; hence, only few manufacturers are offering dimming ORVMs (Outer rear-view mirror) due to their high cost.
Based on sales channel, the OEM segment is anticipated to lead the automotive dimming mirror market. Penetration of dimming mirrors in limited models is a key factor for the high market share held by the OEM segment. Furthermore, the OEM segment is likely to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period owing to rise in penetration of dimming mirrors in vehicles.
In terms of vehicle type, the passenger vehicle segment is likely to dominate the automotive dimming mirror market due to high production of passenger vehicles and higher penetration of dimming mirrors in passenger vehicles. The automotive dimming mirror market is expected to be dominated by passenger vehicles through the forecast period owing to significantly expansion of the passenger vehicles market.
In terms of region, Europe is likely to hold a significant share of the global automotive dimming mirror market, followed by North America. High safety concerns in the region and stringent highway safety norms have propelled the automotive dimming mirror market in the region. However, the automotive dimming mirror market in Asia Pacific is likely to expand considerably during the forecast period due to high expansion rate of the automotive industry in Asia Pacific.
Key players operating in the automotive dimming mirror market include Gentex Corporation, Ficosa International S.A., Samvardhana Motherson Automotive Systems Group B.V., Magna International, and MURAKAMI CORPORATION.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.