Automotive Differential Gear: Introduction
- Differential gear, in automotive mechanics, is a gear arrangement that permits power from the engine to be transmitted to a pair of driving wheels, dividing the force equally between them but permitting them to follow paths of differential lengths, as when turning a corner. On a straight road, the wheels rotate at the same speed; when turning a corner the outside wheel has travel further and will turn faster than the inner wheel.
- The automotive differential gear is a part of the automotive power transmission unit, which is responsible for transmission and distribution of driving force generated by the engine to the wheels. The differential regulates the variation in rotation speeds of the wheels that are mounted on the same axle while turning.
Key Drivers of Global Automotive Differential Gear Market:
- Rise in demand for four-wheel drive vehicles from consumers across the major automotive markets has led to a rise in the demand for differential gear and subsequently, a rise in the production of differential gear. This is likely to drive the automotive differential gear market across the globe.
- All-wheel drive or four-wheel drive systems are primarily used in the premium car segment and SUVs. Improving economic conditions, increasing industrialization, and improved living standards of customers around the world have increased the demand for premium segments cars and SUVs. This is likely to drive the automotive differential gear market across the globe.
- Increase in preference for off-road trips has significantly driven the market for four-wheel drive vehicles and also rises the production of such a vehicles, which comprise multiple differential gears. This, is turn, is boosting the global automotive differential gear market.
- The automotive differential gear market is dependent on the production of vehicles, as all vehicles contains differential gears help maintain vehicle stability while turning. Moreover, the differential gear prevents the wear and tear of the tire, thus improving the life of tires. This, in turn, boosts the automotive differential gear market across the globe.
- Rising popularity of 3D printing, a technology that most automakers are employing to manufacture various types gears, is anticipated to propel the automotive differential gear market across the globe
Global Automotive Differential Gear Market to Offer Significant Opportunities
- Popularity of four-wheel drive vehicles is increasing in several countries such as the U.S. and India, which is likely offer significant opportunity to manufacturers of automotive differential gears. Moreover, rear-wheel drive vehicles contain a more complex differential, as compared to that incorporated in front-wheel drive vehicles, thus an increase in demand for rear-wheel drive vehicles is projected to boost the automotive differential gears market across the globe.
Wheel Hub Motors to Hamper Global Automotive Differential Gear Market
- Development of wheel hub motors for electric vehicles is likely to hamper for automotive differential gears due to elimination of conventional powertrain from electric vehicles that contain wheel hub motors
- High cost of high-end gears systems and low penetration of advanced geared vehicles in high volume in automobiles is likely to also restrain the automotive differential gears market across the globe
Asia Pacific to Hold Significant Share of Global Automotive Differential Gear Market:
- Asia Pacific is a highly populous region. The urban population across Asia Pacific is increasing consistently, which can be attributed to employment opportunities and increased standards of living in urban areas.
- The market in the region is projected to expand at a considerable pace, as the region comprises rapidly developing economies, such as China, Japan, and India. The market in Asia Pacific is primarily driven by China, where the rate of adoption of various types of differential gears in vehicles is increasing. This, in turn, is driving the automotive differential gears market in the country.
Key Players Operating in Global Market:
The global automotive differential gear market is highly fragmented with top manufacturers across the global market. A few of the key players operating and potential in the global automotive differential gear market are:
- American Axle & Manufacturing Inc.
- AmTech International
- Bharat Gears Ltd.
- Dana Ltd.
- Eaton Corp. Plc
- GKN plc
- JTEKT Corp.
- Johnson Electric
- Linamar Corp.
- Melrose Industries Plc.
- Mitsubishi Group
- Meritor Inc.
- Metaldyne Performance Group Inc.
- NSK Ltd.
- Neapco Inc.
- ONDO SHINSHO Precision Technology Corporation
- Showa Corporation
- ZF TRW
Global Automotive Differential Gear Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Differential Gear Market, by Material
- Cast Iron
- Carbon Steel
- Aluminum Alloy
Global Automotive Differential Gear Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Utility Vehicles
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial vehicle
Global Automotive Differential Gear Market, by Differential Type
- Open Differential
- Limited Slip Differential
- Locking Differential
- Spool Differential
Global Automotive Differential Gear Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Differential Gear Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.