Automotive Die Casting Market: Introduction
- Die casting is a specialized tool used to cut shape using a press. Manufacturers prefer flexible die casting solutions that suit the OEMs’ configuration set-ups and meet their quality and volume output requirements. Introduction of automated die casting manufacturing process has reduced the time-consuming process of vehicle production significantly.
- This process commonly involves a process called hot chamber die casting. The zinc is heated until it reaches a molten state, then pressure forces it into a mold in the shape of the automotive part needed. After the metal cools and hardens, it is removed from the mold. Automotive die casting process is increasingly being utilized to manufacture components such as passenger car body parts, engine parts, and transmission parts.
Key Drivers of Automotive Die Casting Market
- Demand for light weight car parts has risen dramatically. The overall weight of the vehicle has decreased by using lightweight elements, which in turn has also reduced vehicle emissions. Additionally, a rise in adoption of fuel-efficient vehicles has increased the demand for lightweight parts. This has boosted the adoption of aluminum die casting in vehicle manufacturing.
- Government initiatives are inclined toward energy saving, which is boosting the need for components that are manufactured by the die casting process. Furthermore, the manufacturing processes of other vehicle parts are being updated.
- Lowering the carbon footprint for the automobile manufacturing process is rapidly becoming one of the priorities of the automobile industry, thereby propelling the automotive die casting market
Challenges of Automotive Die Casting Market
- The pandemic has affected the complete production of the automobile, which made a huge impact on the transport sector too. Considering the rising EV market which is more in need for the lighter weight parts for the vehicles is affecting the Investment casting market by reducing its demand.
- Automotive die casting is essential in the manufacturing of automobiles. Furthermore, because die casting parts are good at reducing weight, they lower emissions and improve fuel efficiency, which is expected to drive the market. Furthermore, die casting allows for greater design freedom and flexibility when producing complex pieces. Variations in raw material prices, on the other hand, is likely to restrain the market.
Opportunities of Automotive Die Casting Market
- The automotive industry witnessed significant expansion in the last couple of years. Presently, automotive manufacturers are striving to meet the targets for highly tensile chassis frames and strong automotive parts, which are durable, lightweight, and cost-effective.
- There have been significant developments and improvements in the conventional die casting process, which are generating many opportunities for manufacturers. The ultra-high-vacuum die casting process is applied for producing large and thin component parts, such as space-frames and pillars, which are usually welded to automobile chassis.
Automotive Die Casting Market: Regional Segmentation
- Post COVID-19 crisis, Asia is poised to witness rapid growth, as compared to its counterparts, as the region has been witnessing significant growth in its industrial output for the last few years, especially in China and countries in Southeast Asia. The underdeveloped infrastructure for EVs in majority of Asia Pacific countries, is likely to propel the market for gasoline vehicles and automotive die casting in the near future.
- The economy of China is growing, and the disposable income of middle-class consumers is also increasing. This, in turn, is fueling the demand for vehicles in the country. The production for vehicles in China has increased considerably in the last five years, owing to the low production costs in the country. On the other hand, Europe is a leading region of the global die casting market along with North America.
Key Players Operating in Global Automotive Die Casting Market
- Castwel Auto Parts Pvt Ltd
- Die-casting Solutions GmbH
- Endurance Group
- Gibbs Die-casting Group
- Kinetic Die-casting Company
- Mino Industry USA, Inc.
- Ningbo Parison Die-casting Co. Ltd
Automotive Die Casting Market, by Process Type
- Pressure Die-casting
- Vacuum Die-casting
- Squeeze Die-casting
- Semi-solid Die-casting
Automotive Die Casting Market, by Raw Material
Automotive Die Casting Market, by Application
- Body Assemblies
- Engine Parts
- Transmission Parts
Automotive Die Casting Market, by Region
- North America
- United States
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of APAC
- Central & South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.