Automotive Detailing Services Market: Introduction
- Increasing year-on-year growth of production and sales of automotive vehicles is estimated to propel the demand for automotive detailing services. Automotive detailing leads to restoring and cleaning of a vehicle, which includes washing, waxing, or cleaning cars, vans, trucks and trailers. In detailing services, high-quality chemicals are used to fix and prevent damages and to improve the esthetic appeal of the vehicle.
Key Drivers of Automotive Detailing Services Market
- Increase in awareness about vehicle maintenance and rise in car care interest among consumers are key factors boosting the adoption of automotive detailing services. Moreover, rising disposable income of consumers in developed and developing countries and increasing utilization of luxury options for vehicles are expected to further boost the demand for detailing services. Furthermore, growing production, sales, and usage of vehicles across the world fuels the automotive detailing services market.
- Rise in sales of used vehicles or pre-owned cars drives the demand for vehicle detailing services. For instance, in the U.S., sales of used light trucks and passenger cars increased by 10.6% from 2010 to 2019. Used vehicles are more vulnerable and exposed to pollutants, which can depreciate the finish and deteriorate the interior of the vehicle, which further needs to be cared. These vehicles require trim cleaners, polishes and wax, and rim protectors, which in turn increases the demand for detailing services. Moreover, vehicle detailing services also preserve the interiors and extend vehicle life.
Challenges in Automotive Detailing Services Market
- Rising usage of hazardous chemicals in automotive detailing services is considered as major challenge for the market. Detailing service centers use film removers, foams, and acid for wheel cleaners that contain a strong alkali, which is harmful and can damage the car paint if not handled properly. For instance, acid wheel cleaners contain hydrochloric acid, phosphoric acid, and hydrofluoric acid, which are also harmful for the workers at detailing centers and has damaging effects on the human body.
- Moreover, increasing regulations about environmental protection and occupational safety regulation on automotive detailing about the use of harmful chemicals hampers the detailing services market. Rise in use of do-it-yourself (DIY) detailing services in some countries also restrains the market. Furthermore, the COVID-19 pandemic led to the imposition lockdowns across the world, which forced businesses to shut down and subsequently, hamper the demand for automotive detailing services.
Opportunities in Automotive Detailing Services Market
- Development of anti-microbial vehicle care products for cleaning is expected to significantly propel the automotive detailing services market during the forecast period. Anti-microbial products help clean all the harmful bacteria inside the vehicle and aid the driver and passengers of the vehicle to save themselves from several health related infections. Moreover, vehicle owners have understood the importance antibacterial products and disinfectants to be used in their vehicles to curb the spread of the coronavirus disease due to onset of COVID-19 pandemic.
- Demand for electric vehicles and luxury cars is rising among consumers, which in turn is estimated to boost the market. Several countries across the globe are offering incentives to electric vehicle manufacturers to boost EV production and usage. Furthermore, consumers are also spending huge amounts on car décors and car care services, which further propel the demand for vehicle detailing services.
Automotive Detailing Services Market in North America to Expand Significantly
- The automotive detailing services market in North America is expanding significantly due to increasing customer spending on leisure and comfort and extensive usage of professional automotive detailing services by drivers. Consumers in North America are more inclined toward conserving esthetics and appearance of their vehicles. Moreover, manufacturers are investing to launch cost-effective and high quality vehicle care products, owing to the high demand for vehicle detailing services in the region. Furthermore, several government laws and restrictions have been enacted in the U.S. for car wash at home, which further prompts vehicle owners to opt for professional vehicle detailing services in order to maintain the aesthetics of their vehicles. Additionally, the automotive detailing services market in Europe is expanding considerably due to adoption of expensive cars, increasing expenditure of consumers on their vehicles, and the presence of prominent automotive manufacturers in the region.
Key Players Operating in Automotive Detailing Services Market
The automotive detailing services market is highly consolidated. A few of the key players operating in the global automotive detailing services market are:
- 3M CAR CARE
- Tetrosyl Limited
- Sonax Gmbh
- Mobile Car Wash, LLC
- MRK Auto Detailing
- Orion Auto Detailing
- Canada Car Detailing
- Grand Sport Detailing (GSD)
- Elite Mobile Detail LLC
- EMCD Car Detailing
- AABA Detailing
Global Automotive Detailing Services Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Detailing Services Market, by Product Type
- Cleaning & Washing
- Polishing & Waxing
- Sealing Glaze & Coating
Global Automotive Detailing Services Market, by Application
Global Automotive Detailing Services Market, by Solvent
Global Automotive Detailing Services Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Cars
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive Detailing Services Market, by Region
- North America
- Nordic Region
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.