Automotive Data Logger Market: Introduction
- Data loggers are defined as electronic devices that automatically monitor and record operational and environmental parameters of vehicles over time, enabling the measurement documentation, analysis, and validation of various conditions such as temperature, humidity, and current
- The data logger contains a sensor to receive information and a computer chip to store it. This information is stored in the data logger and is subsequently, transferred to a computer for analysis.
Key Drivers of Automotive Data Logger Market
- The automotive industry is witnessing rapid transformation, leading to the emergence of connected and autonomous vehicles. These vehicles generate huge amounts of data through a network of sensors deployed on-board. Vehicle data holds great potential for OEMs to create new revenue paths and expand the potential of connected vehicle capabilities such as usage-based insurance (UBI), real time analytics, data marketplaces/monetization and beyond. These new potential revenue sources and growing popularity of connected vehicles is boosting the demand for data loggers for testing, performance evaluation, and data gathering. These multiple applications are driving the global automotive data logger market.
- Rapid changes in the regulatory scenario and customer expectations are prompting automobile manufacturers to modify their vehicles with a complex network of electronic components that enhance safety and ride experience. This growing modernization of vehicle systems creates a progressive environment for the integration of data loggers. Thus, changing electrical architecture of vehicles is further fueling the automotive data logger market across the globe.
Challenges in Automotive Data Logger Market
- Automotive data loggers are comparatively newer systems, which poses challenges for aftermarket repair and maintenance service providers, as they are untrained to handle these equipment. Moreover, the addition of these systems increases the price of vehicles, which in turn restrains the automotive data logger market.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Data Logger Market, Request for a Sample
Impact of COVID-19 pandemic on Automotive Data Logger Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic hindered supply chains of the automotive sector due to the lockdowns imposed by governments on industrial and other activities, thus creating a shortage of raw materials and components. This disruption in the automotive sector lowered the demand for data logger solutions. However, governments have presently granted permission for trade and manufacturing activities and also started vaccination drives in multiple countries, which is expected to re-establish expansion of automotive industries and subsequently, boost the demand for data loggers.
North America and Europe to hold significant share of global automotive data logger market
- High presence of automakers and on-going development projects of connected vehicles in North America and Europe have fueled the demand for automotive data logger solutions. Moreover, the high disposable income of populations in these regions have boosted the demand for vehicles fitted with advanced driver assistance systems, which is further boosting the automotive data logger market.
Key Players Operating in Automotive Data Logger Market
The global automotive data logger market is highly concentrated due to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the automotive data logger market are:
- CAS DataLoggers
- Continental AG
- CSS Electronics
- HIOKI E.E. CORPORATION
- HMS Networks
- Influx Technology
- IPETRONIK GmbH & Co. KG
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Sibros Technologies
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Automotive Data Logger Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Data Logger Market, by Channels
Global Automotive Data Logger Market, by Measured Parameter
- Vibration and Acoustic
- Voltage & Current
Global Automotive Data Logger Market, by Connectivity
Global Automotive Data Logger Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Utility Vehicle
- Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive Data Logger Market, by Region
- North America
- Nordic Region
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!