Automotive Damper Market - Introduction
Automotive damper is a mechanical or hydraulic device designed to absorb shock by converting kinetic energy of the shock into another form of energy, which is then dissipated through hydraulic fluid. Dampers for vehicles play an important role while driving during ride handling and are utilized in various parts of a vehicle. They control unwanted spring motion through a process known as dampening. Automotive dampers perform the function with a piston, which moves inside a sealed, oil-filled cylinder during the up-and-down movement of the wheel.
Automotive Damper Market- Competitive Landscape
- In September 2017, Tenneco Inc. showcased a full range of coil spring cabin dampers, air spring cabin dampers, and lateral cabin dampers. The company introduced coil spring over shock (CSOS) and air spring over shock (ASOS) cabin suspensions that varies with mass-spring systems natural frequency to offer optimized robustness and comfort.
Established in 1930, Tenneco Inc., is based in Lake Forest, Illinois, U.S. It is a leading manufacturer of clean air and ride performance products and systems for the automotive industry across the globe. The company invests 5% of its annual sales in R&D activities.
Magneti Marelli S.p.A
Founded in 1919, Magneti Marelli S.p.A has its headquarters in Milan, Italy. It is an international company that supplies high tech components to all the leading car makers in Europe, North and Latin America, and Asia. Magneti Marelli S.p.A operates through over 89 production facilities and 45 research and development centers (including joint ventures) and has a presence in 19 countries and supplies to all the major OEMs across the globe.
Planning to lay down future strategy? Perfect your plan with our Report Brochure here
ZF Friedrichshafen Ag
Established in 1995, ZF Friedrichshafen Ag has its headquarters in Friedrichshafen, Germany. ZF Friedrichshafen Ag is a top tier company that provides chassis technology, active & passive technology, and driveline. The company invests about 6% of its sales in R&D, ensuring a strong focus on the design and engineering of innovative technologies. It operates in approximately 230 locations spread across 40 countries.
Automotive Damper Market Dynamics
Enhanced driving comfort and dynamics driving demand for automotive dampers
Increased daily commute distances due to expanding cities globally and the desire to ride smoothly to minimize the jerks on rough surfaced roads are expected to propel the demand for automotive dampers during the forecast period. Progress and expansion in the field of improved ride handling, vehicle cornering stability, and turn off response are expected to boost the automotive damper market during the forecast period. Dampers make driving more comfortable as they reduce the jerks experienced on unsurfaced roads. Rising adoption of dampers in vehicles is primarily due to increasing concerns and awareness about road safety while navigating unsurfaced or bumpy roads.
Provides permanent adjustment in suspension and reduces jerk
Potholes and bumpy roads create challenges for vehicles in terms of comfort and ride safety. Moreover, driving and dynamics of the vehicle gets disturbed while changing the lane in conjunction with jerks. Unwanted vibration experienced by the vehicle decreases riding comfort and stability. Automotive dampers improve stability and safety on uneven roads and thus make the ride more comfortable. This is anticipated to boost the demand for automotive dampers.
Looking for exclusive market insights from business experts? Request a Custom Report here
Automotive Damper Market - Segmentation
Based on type, the automotive damper market can be classified into
- Twin-tube Type
- Mono-tube Type
- Hydraulic Type
- Pneumatic Type
Based on vehicle type, the automotive damper market can be divided into
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial Vehicle
Based on sales channel, the automotive damper market can be bifurcated into
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.