Automotive Cylinder Pressure Sensor Market: Introduction
- Vehicle emission norms and corporate average fuel consumption regulations are major factors driving the automotive cylinder pressure sensor market. An automotive cylinder pressure sensor provides the essential basis for engine manufacturers to comply with increasingly stringent exhaust gas legislation and to optimize the efficiency of their engines in terms of efficiency, higher engine power or performance, reduce emissions, and enhance engine lives.
- Automotive cylinder pressure sensors are utilized in combustion engines to determine the pressure in the intake and exhaust systems so that the measured pressure can be assigned to a specific working phase of the combustion engine. Moreover, cylinder pressure sensors are utilized by engine manufacturers for engine research, development, and tuning.
Key Drivers of Automotive Cylinder Pressure Sensor Market
- Stringent CO2, NOx emission environmental norms are driving the global cylinder pressure sensor market. Engine manufacturers are equipping automobiles with effective engine technologies, such as cylinder pressure sensors, for providing unique insights into both engine performance and engine condition, thereby aids in enhancing fuel efficiency and reduce carbon emissions. Currently test engineers, calibration engineers, development engineers, as well as test-field managers are facing increasing complexity and are in need for stronger interaction and correlation between combustion analysis results. With the cylinder pressure sensors taking center stage in combustion analysis, higher adoption of these sensors will likely to happen in the coming years and thus to drive the cylinder pressure sensors market.
- Continues enhancement of automobiles and prototypes by major automakers and OEMs to cater to consumer preference for high-performance and fuel-efficient automobiles is primarily propelling the automotive cylinder pressure sensor market.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Cylinder Pressure Sensor Market, Request for a Sample
Restrains in Automotive Cylinder Pressure Sensor Market
- Electric vehicles are replacing vehicles that runs on conventional fuels such as diesel, and gasoline. This trend is anticipated to act as a major hurdle to cylinder pressure sensor market. Several government organizations and regulatory authorities around the globe have enacted stringent vehicle regulations and standards pertaining to diesel operated vehicles. This, in turn, has prompted automakers around the globe to announce plans to phase out the production of diesel engine vehicles. This move is likely to restraint the cylinder pressure sensor market.
- The recent outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic has affected national as well as international automotive supply chains, manufacturing and R&D operations and consequently, hampered the automotive industry. Post first wave of COVID-19, global economies have started opening up automotive manufacturing and supply chain operations, thus the COVID impact on the industry have seems to reach a state of normalcy; however, a resurgence in COVID-19 cases in countries across Europe has prompted governments to impose a second round of lockdown restrictions and hence, the uncertainty in the automotive industry continues. A gradual recovery in the demand for automotive and ancillaries is anticipated in the next few months despite concerns around the risk of a second wave of infection in numerous countries and other geopolitical risks.
Opportunities in Automotive Cylinder Pressure Sensor Market
- In April 2020, U.S National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and Environmental Protection agency have amended the Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) and greenhouse gas emissions standards for passenger cars and light trucks and established new less stringent standards, covering model years 2012 to 2016 in phase 1 and model years 2017 to 2025 in phase 2. Introduction of these standards is likely to boost the adoption of technology such as cylinder pressure sensors that monitors and detect emissions.
Asia Pacific Region to Dominate Cylinder Pressure Sensor Market
Asia Pacific to dominate the global automotive cylinder pressure sensor market in 2019. It is anticipated to hold a leading share during the forecast period due to a rise in the production and sale of IC engines in the region. In China, gasoline cars dominate the market. EVs are presently a key part of the economic reboot plan by authorities in China; however, gasoline is by far the most popular fuel among consumers. In H1 2019, 92% of passenger car sales featured this fossil type. Likewise, the other major automotive market in the region, India, is expected to be dominated by the combustion engine. Therefore, the region is projected to act as a hotspot for the global automotive cylinder pressure sensor market.
Key Players Operating in Automotive Cylinder Pressure Sensor Market
The global automotive cylinder pressure sensor market is highly concentrated due to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global automotive cylinder pressure sensor market are:
- DENSO CORPORATION
- Sensata Technologies, Inc.
- Kistler Instruments India Pvt. Ltd.
- IMES GmbH
- Auto DITEX BG Ltd.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Automotive Cylinder Pressure Sensor Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Cylinder Pressure Sensor Market, by Application
- Closed-Loop Combustion Systems
- Real-Time Monitoring
- Engine Diagnostics
Global Automotive Cylinder Pressure Sensor Market, by End-use
- Diesel Engine
- 4-Stroke Engine
- 2-Stroke Engine
- Gasoline Engine
- Dual Fuel Engines
- Marine Engines
Global Automotive Cylinder Pressure Sensor Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive Cylinder Pressure Sensor Market, by Sales Channel
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.