Automotive Coolant Market
Automotive coolant is utilized in practically all significant cars going from motor engine bicycles to rock solid business vehicles. Coolants are principally used to cool the motor parts and forestall over warming during use, particularly in chilly environments, and to forestall erosion of the metal apparatus of autos. Automotive coolant is utilized in practically all significant autos going from motor engine bicycles to rock solid business vehicles. Coolants are fundamentally used to cool the motor parts and forestall over warming during use, particularly in chilly environments, and to forestall erosion of the metal hardware of autos. Vehicle coolant likewise shields the motor from overheating. Coolant likewise greases up the moving parts it comes into contact with, which forestalls harm to the water siphon, head gasket, the chamber, and cylinder timings.
Growing popularity of vehicles and automakers and persistent interests in research and advancement for the improvement of practical, climate cordial, and low poisonous items with a high life are probably going to support the growth of this market. Simple and plentiful accessibility of different materials such as ethylene glycol, glycerin, and propylene glycol, in developed nations that assists new participants with growing such items, likewise drives the automotive coolant market across the globe.
Automotive Coolant: Introduction
- Car coolant, also known as antifreeze, protects the engine from overheating. Coolant also lubricates the moving parts it comes into contact with, which prevents damage to the water pump, head gasket, the cylinder, and piston timings.
- Automotive coolant is used in almost all major automobiles ranging from engine motor bikes to heavy duty commercial vehicles. Coolants are primarily utilized to cool the engine parts and prevent over heating during use, especially in cold climates, and to prevent corrosion of the metal machinery of automobiles. The rate of heat transfer rate depends largely on the temperature difference between coolants and outside air and the flow rate of the coolant. In an ideal condition, the freezing point of a coolant remains -20 degree Fahrenheit, while the boiling point normally does not exceed 234 degree Fahrenheit.
Key Drivers of Global Automotive Coolant Market:
- Demand for fuel-efficient vehicles has led to the replacement of traditional lubricants with synthetic lubricants. The adoption of biobased lubricants, which are expected to reduce harmful environment effects, is the current trend. Furthermore, these lubricants are projected to propel the automotive lubricant market during the forecast period.
- Easy and abundant availability of various materials, including ethylene glycol, propylene glycol, and glycerin in developed countries that helps new entrants to develop such products, also drives the automotive coolant market across the globe
- Rise in demand for vehicles and automakers and continuous investments in research & development for the development of cost-effective, environment-friendly, and low toxic products with a high life are likely to boost the global automotive coolant market during the forecast period
- The trend of urbanization is growing at an exponential rate, which is leading to increase in the average income of urban population, enabling them to enhance their lifestyles. Furthermore, a rise in the demand for passenger cars is prompting manufacturers to increase production of commercial vehicles. This, in turn, is driving the automotive coolant market across the globe.
- In the view of the rising number of research activities within the chemical industry, automotive coolants are constantly subjected to technical innovations, in terms of material composition. This also fuels the automotive coolant market across the globe.
Passenger vehicle segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities:
- The passenger vehicle segment is likely to hold a significant share of the market by end of the forecast period. This is attributed to a rise in the demand for utility vehicles in highly populated countries such as China, India, and Brazil.
- High demand for e-class, crossovers, SUVs, and hatchbacks is driving the passenger vehicle segment, which in turn is likely to boost the automotive coolant market. Rise in preference for private transport and buying power of consumers is driving the passenger vehicle segment of the market.
- Coolants are also known as antifreeze agents, which are increasingly being utilized to substitute water and other cooling agents, owing to their superior heat absorption and corrosion inhibiting properties. The recent trend of substituting toxic, ethylene glycol with safer, organic-based coolants is anticipated to offer significant opportunities to the market during the forecast period.
COVID–19 Pandemic to hamper market:
- The COVID-19 crisis is affecting economies and industries in various countries due to lockdowns, travel bans, and business lockdowns. The global chemicals and materials industry is suffering serious disruptions such as supply chain breaks, office shutdowns, and others. For instance, China is a global manufacturing hub and raw material supplier of various industries; and it is also one of the worst affected countries. The lockdown of various plants and factories in China is restricting the global supply chains and disrupting manufacturing, delivery schedules, and various chemicals and material sales. Various companies announced possible delays in product deliveries and slump in future sales of their products. All these factors are anticipated to hamper the global automotive coolant market across the globe.
Asia Pacific to Hold Significant Share of Global Automotive Coolant Market:
- Asia Pacific comprises rapidly expanding economies, including India, which are likely to witness higher demand for vehicles and consequently, boost the automotive coolant market during the forecast period
- Asia Pacific held a leading share of the global automotive coolant market due to higher volume of vehicles produced in prominent countries, including China and Japan, and lower manufacturing and labor cost across the region. Moreover, availability of inexpensive labor and raw material in the region coupled with increasing number of local manufacturers is likely to propel the market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Market:
The global automotive coolant market is highly fragmented with top manufacturers across global market. A few of the key players operating and potential in the global automotive coolant market are:
- Castrol Limited.
- Cummins Filtration
- Motul S.A.
- China National BlueStar (Group) Co. Ltd.
- Valvoline International Inc.
- Exxon Mobil Corporation
- Sinopec Corporation
- Shandong Yuean Chemical Industry Co. Ltd.
- Total S.A.
- Chevron Corporation
- Royal Dutch Shell Plc
- BP Plc
- BASF SE
- OLD WORLD INDUSTRIES LLC
- Prestone Products Corporation
Global Automotive Coolant Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Coolant Market, by Application
- Engine Coolant
- HVAC Coolant
- Engine Lubricant
- Brake Lubricant
- Transmission Lubricant
Global Automotive Coolant Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Utility Vehicles
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
- Buses and Coaches
Global Automotive Coolant Market, by Organic Chemical Type
- Ethylene Glycol
- Propylene Glycol
Global Automotive Coolant Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Coolant Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.