Automotive Collision Mitigation System Market: Introduction
- Demand for a vehicle system that impedes the severity of a frontal crash of a vehicle is driving the global automotive collision mitigation system market. The collision mitigation system is commonly known as collision avoidance system, pre-crash system, or forward collision warning system. It prevents a frontal collision by alerting the vehicle driver about an impending vehicle ahead, by sounding an alarm, and reduces the severity of damage in case of a collision.
- The automotive collision mitigation system utilizes ultrasonic sound radars, LIDARs, sensors, and cameras to detect the presence of an object in the vicinity of the vehicle. A collision mitigation system adopted in the vehicle, together with automated emergency braking (AEB) system, enhances the safety features of the vehicle and stops vehicle in case the sensors detect the possibility of an eminent crash.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key drivers of global automotive collision mitigation system market
- Increasing trend toward vehicle autonomy, which aims to develop a driverless autonomous vehicle, is further boosting the global automotive collision mitigation system market. An autonomous vehicle (AV) is incorporated with several active and passive safety systems including automated emergency braking (AEB), hill hold control systems, and collision mitigation or collision warning system. The sensors and cameras in a collision warning system provide input data to the vehicle’s artificial intelligence unit, which in turn either stops the vehicle or changes the vehicle’s lane in response to an imminent threat of collision.
- Rise in demand for driver assistance systems aiming to increase the diver’s alertness in the vehicle is fueling the global automotive collision mitigation system market. According to WHO, of the 1.35 million deaths due to vehicle accidents, 95% of accidents are caused due to human errors. Furthermore, driving at night becomes challenging for vehicle drivers, as it can be difficult to spot a motorcyclist, bicycle-rider or a pedestrian on the road ahead. Proximity sensors incorporated in an automotive collision mitigation system enable the vehicle driver to stop the vehicle before it crashes into an object, by sounding an alarm or displaying a warning on the user HMI (human machine interface) display in the vehicle. This, in turn, prevents the vehicle from crashing into another vehicle or object.
- Several initiatives by governments across the globe to increase the safety rating of vehicles in order to reduce fatalities in accidents are boosting the global automotive collision mitigation system market. For instance, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) U.S. has mandated automakers to install the vehicle collision warning systems in their vehicles in order to curb the accidental fatality rate. Moreover, several automakers including Volvo, Mercedes-Benz, Honda, BMW, FIAT (FCA) and Audi have integrated collision mitigation systems in their vehicles. In 2014, BMW was awarded the EuroNCAP award for developing the “BMW Pedestrian Warning with City Brake Activation” system.
Asia Pacific to hold significant share of global automotive collision mitigation system market
- The automotive industry in developing economies such as India, China, South Korea, and Malaysia is witnessing rapid technological advancements. Emergence of domestic aftermarket suppliers and manufacturers in the automotive industry in countries in Asia Pacific is likely to propel the automotive collision mitigation system market in the region.
- China is a key manufacturer and consumer of electric vehicles (EVs). EV and AV makers are rapidly adopting collision mitigation systems to enhance vehicle safety.
- Mumbai, Chennai, and Delhi in India; Manila in the Philippines; Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia, and Dhaka in Bangladesh are major cities in Asia Pacific that witness higher rate of collisions. Therefore, demand for vehicles with collision mitigation systems is rising in the cities mentioned above in order to reduce the rate of vehicle collisions. All the factors mentioned above are propelling the global automotive collision mitigation system market.
Key players operating in global automotive collision mitigation system market:
The global automotive collision mitigation system market is highly concentrated due to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global automotive collision mitigation system market are:
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Continental AG
- Autoliv Inc.
- Delphi Automotive
- Hella GmbH & Co. KGaA
- Hyundai Mobis Co. Ltd
- Panasonic Corporation
- Infineon Technologies
- Siemens AG
- WABCO Vehicle Control Services
- Magna International
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Collision mitigation System Market, Request for a Sample
Global Automotive Collision mitigation System Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Collision mitigation System Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial Vehicle
- Light Commercial
- Heavy Commercial
Global Automotive Collision mitigation System Market, by Level of Autonomous Vehicle
- Fully Autonomous Vehicle
- Semi-Autonomous Vehicle
Global Automotive Collision mitigation System Market, by Propulsion Type
- Internal Combustion Engine (ICE)
Global Automotive Collision mitigation System Market, by Component
- DC Motor
- Electronic Control Unit (ECU)
Global Automotive Collision mitigation System Market, by Technology
Global Automotive Collision mitigation System Market, by Type
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Blind Spot Detection
- Lane Departure Warning
- Electronic Stability Control
- Driver Monitoring System
- Others (Autonomous Emergency Braking, Parking Assist System, etc.)
Global Automotive Collision mitigation System Market, by Manufacturer
Global Automotive Collision mitigation System Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.