Automotive Collision Mitigation System Market: Introduction
- Demand for a vehicle system that impedes the severity of a frontal crash of a vehicle is driving the global automotive collision mitigation system market. The collision mitigation system is commonly known as collision avoidance system, pre-crash system, or forward collision warning system. It prevents a frontal collision by alerting the vehicle driver about an impending vehicle ahead, by sounding an alarm, and reduces the severity of damage in case of a collision.
- The automotive collision mitigation system utilizes ultrasonic sound radars, LIDARs, sensors, and cameras to detect the presence of an object in the vicinity of the vehicle. A collision mitigation system adopted in the vehicle, together with automated emergency braking (AEB) system, enhances the safety features of the vehicle and stops vehicle in case the sensors detect the possibility of an eminent crash.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key drivers of global automotive collision mitigation system market
- Increasing trend toward vehicle autonomy, which aims to develop a driverless autonomous vehicle, is further boosting the global automotive collision mitigation system market. An autonomous vehicle (AV) is incorporated with several active and passive safety systems including automated emergency braking (AEB), hill hold control systems, and collision mitigation or collision warning system. The sensors and cameras in a collision warning system provide input data to the vehicle’s artificial intelligence unit, which in turn either stops the vehicle or changes the vehicle’s lane in response to an imminent threat of collision.
- Rise in demand for driver assistance systems aiming to increase the diver’s alertness in the vehicle is fueling the global automotive collision mitigation system market. According to WHO, of the 1.35 million deaths due to vehicle accidents, 95% of accidents are caused due to human errors. Furthermore, driving at night becomes challenging for vehicle drivers, as it can be difficult to spot a motorcyclist, bicycle-rider or a pedestrian on the road ahead. Proximity sensors incorporated in an automotive collision mitigation system enable the vehicle driver to stop the vehicle before it crashes into an object, by sounding an alarm or displaying a warning on the user HMI (human machine interface) display in the vehicle. This, in turn, prevents the vehicle from crashing into another vehicle or object.
- Several initiatives by governments across the globe to increase the safety rating of vehicles in order to reduce fatalities in accidents are boosting the global automotive collision mitigation system market. For instance, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) U.S. has mandated automakers to install the vehicle collision warning systems in their vehicles in order to curb the accidental fatality rate. Moreover, several automakers including Volvo, Mercedes-Benz, Honda, BMW, FIAT (FCA) and Audi have integrated collision mitigation systems in their vehicles. In 2014, BMW was awarded the EuroNCAP award for developing the “BMW Pedestrian Warning with City Brake Activation” system.
Asia Pacific to hold significant share of global automotive collision mitigation system market
- The automotive industry in developing economies such as India, China, South Korea, and Malaysia is witnessing rapid technological advancements. Emergence of domestic aftermarket suppliers and manufacturers in the automotive industry in countries in Asia Pacific is likely to propel the automotive collision mitigation system market in the region.
- China is a key manufacturer and consumer of electric vehicles (EVs). EV and AV makers are rapidly adopting collision mitigation systems to enhance vehicle safety.
- Mumbai, Chennai, and Delhi in India; Manila in the Philippines; Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia, and Dhaka in Bangladesh are major cities in Asia Pacific that witness higher rate of collisions. Therefore, demand for vehicles with collision mitigation systems is rising in the cities mentioned above in order to reduce the rate of vehicle collisions. All the factors mentioned above are propelling the global automotive collision mitigation system market.
Key players operating in global automotive collision mitigation system market:
The global automotive collision mitigation system market is highly concentrated due to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global automotive collision mitigation system market are:
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Continental AG
- Autoliv Inc.
- Delphi Automotive
- Hella GmbH & Co. KGaA
- Hyundai Mobis Co. Ltd
- Panasonic Corporation
- Infineon Technologies
- Siemens AG
- WABCO Vehicle Control Services
- Magna International
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Collision mitigation System Market, Request for a Sample
Global Automotive Collision mitigation System Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial Vehicle
- Light Commercial
- Heavy Commercial
Global Automotive Collision mitigation System Market, by Level of Autonomous Vehicle
- Fully Autonomous Vehicle
- Semi-Autonomous Vehicle
Global Automotive Collision mitigation System Market, by Propulsion Type
- Internal Combustion Engine (ICE)
Global Automotive Collision mitigation System Market, by Component
- DC Motor
- Electronic Control Unit (ECU)
Global Automotive Collision mitigation System Market, by Technology
Global Automotive Collision mitigation System Market, by Type
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Blind Spot Detection
- Lane Departure Warning
- Electronic Stability Control
- Driver Monitoring System
- Others (Autonomous Emergency Braking, Parking Assist System, etc.)
Global Automotive Collision mitigation System Market, by Manufacturer
Global Automotive Collision mitigation System Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.