A DC motor with a permanent magnet type brush is known as brushed motor. There are two types of motors, i.e. brushed and brushless motors, which are used in automobiles. Automotive brush motors are utilized in various parts of the vehicle such as HVAC system, steering system, and wipers. Brushes connect an external circuit to the windings on the rotor and are used to take out the force current in the windings from the commutator.
Market for the automotive brushed motor is witnessing expansion across the globe due to the rise in penetration of electric vehicles, globally. Brushed motors are generally employed in all moving or automatic systems except the powertrain of the vehicle. This, in turn, is propelling the automotive brushed motor market. Consumer preference for automatic systems is anticipated to boost the brushed motor market, as most automatic systems comprise an electric motor. However, rise in preference by manufacturers toward brushless motors is likely to hamper the automotive brushed motor market, as brushless motors possess longer lifespan and are less susceptible to failure.
The global automotive brushed motor market can be segmented based on magnet, sales channel, vehicle, and region. Based on magnet, the permanent magnet segment is anticipated to hold a major share of the market, as permanent magnet DC brushed motors provide precise control and low torque, which is suitable for applications in automotive systems.
Based on sales channel, the aftermarket segment of the automotive brushed motor is likely to hold the major share of the market, as brushed motors have a lifespan of around three to four years and in most cases, the motor is replaced, thus boosting the aftermarket segment of the automotive brushed motor market. Furthermore, automotive brushed motors that are employed in door latches are more prone failure, which is a key factor for the major share held by the aftermarket segment of the automotive brushed motor market.
In terms of vehicle, the passenger vehicle segment is likely to hold a prominent share of the automotive brushed motor market. Higher production of passenger vehicles, as compared to commercial vehicles, is attributable for the higher market share held by the passenger vehicle segment. Rising demand for advanced features in passenger vehicles has led to the high market share held by the segment. Production of commercial vehicles is rising at a significant pace due to increasing industrialization in developing countries, which is anticipated to boost the commercial vehicle segment.
In terms of region, Asia Pacific is anticipated to hold a major share of the market, followed by Europe, due to high production of vehicles in the region. High emphasis on the production of electric vehicles in Japan and China is anticipated to drive the automotive brushed motor market during the forecast period. High production of luxury vehicles in Europe is a major factor for the high share held by the region in the global market coupled with rapidly expansion of the electric vehicle market in the region.
Major players operating in the global automotive brushed motor market include Nidec Corporation, Robert Bosch GmbH, Johnson Electric, and Continental AG. Nidec Corporation is a prominent player of the automotive brushed motor market and has a diverse product portfolio for motors that are utilized in various industries.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.