Automotive Biometric Access System Market: Introduction
- Biometrics is the measurement and analysis of behavioral and physical data of a person, which is applied for the purposes of identification and access control. Physical data includes fingerprints, retina detection, and voice patterns, while behavioral data includes an individual’s signature, hand-eye coordination, and gait.
- Biometric access systems are being increasingly used in automobiles to provide access control in unlocking & locking of doors or starting the vehicle. Fingerprint scanners mounted on the door handle, steering wheel, or keys, and microphones installed in the vehicle or cameras integrated in the rear view mirrors read different biometric characteristics of an individual to authorize access to the vehicle.
- Biometric access systems for automobiles are either mounted on the vehicle or incorporated in smartphones or smart-keys, which enable quick and secure access to the vehicle. Off-vehicle biometric systems transfer biometric information of the user to the transceiver of the vehicle, which decodes this information for authorization of access to the user.
Key Drivers of Automotive Biometric Access System Market
- Vehicle theft across the globe has been rising significantly for the last few years. The U.S National Highway Traffic Safety Administration stated that more than 770,000 vehicles worth of US$ 6 billion were stolen across the country in 2017. The low level of security offered by traditional locks, which make them easy to break, has contributed to this rise in vehicle theft. This fuels the demand for advanced technologies that ensure high security of vehicles and avoids incidences of theft. Biometric systems recognize the unique features of the user to provide secure key-less access. Several automobile manufacturers such as Daimler AG and BMW AG have installed biometric systems in their vehicles as anti-theft measures. Thus, the need to circumnavigate vehicle theft is propelling the global automotive biometric access system market.
- Access control is of high importance in certain sensitive areas such as petroleum plants, nuclear plants, and military bases. Vehicles used to transport hazardous chemicals, defense equipment, or other important goods in such places require stringent access control measures in order to prevent misuse by unruly individuals. Biometrics is being employed to ensure highly controlled access to these vehicles. For instance, Dearman Systems, Inc. is using biometric systems of M2SYS Technology to safeguard vehicles used in movement of hazardous materials in petroleum and chemical industries. Similarly, in January 2019, EyeLock LLC partnered with 360fly, Inc. to develop a rearview mirror-based iris scanner system for police cars. Thus, the need for restricted access to highly sensitive vehicles is propelling the automotive biometric access system market across the globe.
- Growing trend of shared mobility due to changing needs of transportation and high flexibility offered by this transportation model is boosting the demand for vehicle security. Companies providing automobiles on rent to customers need reliable technology to ensure that only an authorized person has access to the vehicle in order to avoid incidence of theft. BioID is providing biometric authentication solutions to car rental companies. Thus, a rise in shared mobility services is fuelling the global in automotive biometric access system market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Automotive Biometric Access System Market: Restraint
- Vulnerability of automotive biometric access systems to cyber hacking is major restraint in adoption of this technology. Moreover, functioning of these systems is hampered due to various external factors such as low light for facial recognition, ambient noise for voice recognition, and dirt on fingers or injury for fingerprint recognition. These operational drawbacks of the current biometric technology is hampering the market.
Automotive Biometric Access System Market: Opportunities
- Companies providing biometric systems for vehicles are continuously innovating their products by incorporating advanced technologies. For instance, M2SYS Technology is providing cloud-based biometric solutions that eliminate the hassle and expense associated with maintaining CPU power and biometric data on-board. This upcoming trend of biometrics-as-a-service is expected to offer significant opportunities in the global automotive biometric access system market.
- The recent outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic has increased awareness about hygiene. Shared or rented vehicles are more likely to be contaminated with pathogens. Smartphone app-based biometric access control systems are a potential solution to curb the spread of pathogens. Thus, growing awareness about hygiene is anticipated to drive the global automotive biometric access system market in the next few years.
Automotive Biometric Access System Market in Asia Pacific to Expand Significantly
- Expansion of the automotive industry and a rise in the number of automobile owners in Asia Pacific are attracting global market players to establish their presence in the region. For instance, in May 2019, Nuance Communications partnered with Banma Technologies, a China-based internet car solutions provider, to incorporate voice recognition in various automobile models across the country. Furthermore, regional automotive OEMs are actively investing in biometrics technology to increase the security of their vehicles. For instance, HYUNDAI MOBIS invested US$ 5 million to integrate facial recognition in its vehicles. This growing investment is anticipated to propel the share held by Asia Pacific in the global automotive biometric access system market during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Automotive Biometric Access System Market
The global automotive biometric access system market is highly concentrated due to the presence of top manufacturers. A few key players operating in the automotive biometric access system market are:
- ASSA ABLOY AB (HID Global Corporation)
- Aware, Inc.
- BioEnable Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- Continental AG
- Dreamtech Co., Ltd.
- EyeLock LLC
- Fingerprint Cards AB
- Fujitsu Limited
- Hitachi, Ltd.
- INFINITECH TELEMATIC SOLUTIONS
- M2SYS Technology
- Methode Electronics, Inc.
- My Voice AI
- Nuance Communications
- Safran S.A.
- Synaptics Incorporated
- Voxx International Corporation
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Biometric Access System Market, Request for a Sample
Global Automotive Biometric Access System Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Biometric Access System Market, by Deployment
- Off-Vehicle (Mobile Apps, Smart Keys)
Global Automotive Biometric Access System Market, by Type
- Fingerprint based
- Iris Based
- Voice Based
Global Automotive Biometric Access System Market, by Offering
Global Automotive Biometric Access System Market, by Vehicle
- Passenger Vehicle
- Luxury/ Premium Vehicles
- Mid-segment Vehicles
- Entry-class Vehicles
- Commercial Vehicle
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.