Automotive Biometric Access System Market: Introduction
- Biometrics is the measurement and analysis of behavioral and physical data of a person, which is applied for the purposes of identification and access control. Physical data includes fingerprints, retina detection, and voice patterns, while behavioral data includes an individual’s signature, hand-eye coordination, and gait.
- Biometric access systems are being increasingly used in automobiles to provide access control in unlocking & locking of doors or starting the vehicle. Fingerprint scanners mounted on the door handle, steering wheel, or keys, and microphones installed in the vehicle or cameras integrated in the rear view mirrors read different biometric characteristics of an individual to authorize access to the vehicle.
- Biometric access systems for automobiles are either mounted on the vehicle or incorporated in smartphones or smart-keys, which enable quick and secure access to the vehicle. Off-vehicle biometric systems transfer biometric information of the user to the transceiver of the vehicle, which decodes this information for authorization of access to the user.
Key Drivers of Automotive Biometric Access System Market
- Vehicle theft across the globe has been rising significantly for the last few years. The U.S National Highway Traffic Safety Administration stated that more than 770,000 vehicles worth of US$ 6 billion were stolen across the country in 2017. The low level of security offered by traditional locks, which make them easy to break, has contributed to this rise in vehicle theft. This fuels the demand for advanced technologies that ensure high security of vehicles and avoids incidences of theft. Biometric systems recognize the unique features of the user to provide secure key-less access. Several automobile manufacturers such as Daimler AG and BMW AG have installed biometric systems in their vehicles as anti-theft measures. Thus, the need to circumnavigate vehicle theft is propelling the global automotive biometric access system market.
- Access control is of high importance in certain sensitive areas such as petroleum plants, nuclear plants, and military bases. Vehicles used to transport hazardous chemicals, defense equipment, or other important goods in such places require stringent access control measures in order to prevent misuse by unruly individuals. Biometrics is being employed to ensure highly controlled access to these vehicles. For instance, Dearman Systems, Inc. is using biometric systems of M2SYS Technology to safeguard vehicles used in movement of hazardous materials in petroleum and chemical industries. Similarly, in January 2019, EyeLock LLC partnered with 360fly, Inc. to develop a rearview mirror-based iris scanner system for police cars. Thus, the need for restricted access to highly sensitive vehicles is propelling the automotive biometric access system market across the globe.
- Growing trend of shared mobility due to changing needs of transportation and high flexibility offered by this transportation model is boosting the demand for vehicle security. Companies providing automobiles on rent to customers need reliable technology to ensure that only an authorized person has access to the vehicle in order to avoid incidence of theft. BioID is providing biometric authentication solutions to car rental companies. Thus, a rise in shared mobility services is fuelling the global in automotive biometric access system market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Automotive Biometric Access System Market: Restraint
- Vulnerability of automotive biometric access systems to cyber hacking is major restraint in adoption of this technology. Moreover, functioning of these systems is hampered due to various external factors such as low light for facial recognition, ambient noise for voice recognition, and dirt on fingers or injury for fingerprint recognition. These operational drawbacks of the current biometric technology is hampering the market.
Automotive Biometric Access System Market: Opportunities
- Companies providing biometric systems for vehicles are continuously innovating their products by incorporating advanced technologies. For instance, M2SYS Technology is providing cloud-based biometric solutions that eliminate the hassle and expense associated with maintaining CPU power and biometric data on-board. This upcoming trend of biometrics-as-a-service is expected to offer significant opportunities in the global automotive biometric access system market.
- The recent outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic has increased awareness about hygiene. Shared or rented vehicles are more likely to be contaminated with pathogens. Smartphone app-based biometric access control systems are a potential solution to curb the spread of pathogens. Thus, growing awareness about hygiene is anticipated to drive the global automotive biometric access system market in the next few years.
Automotive Biometric Access System Market in Asia Pacific to Expand Significantly
- Expansion of the automotive industry and a rise in the number of automobile owners in Asia Pacific are attracting global market players to establish their presence in the region. For instance, in May 2019, Nuance Communications partnered with Banma Technologies, a China-based internet car solutions provider, to incorporate voice recognition in various automobile models across the country. Furthermore, regional automotive OEMs are actively investing in biometrics technology to increase the security of their vehicles. For instance, HYUNDAI MOBIS invested US$ 5 million to integrate facial recognition in its vehicles. This growing investment is anticipated to propel the share held by Asia Pacific in the global automotive biometric access system market during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Automotive Biometric Access System Market
The global automotive biometric access system market is highly concentrated due to the presence of top manufacturers. A few key players operating in the automotive biometric access system market are:
- ASSA ABLOY AB (HID Global Corporation)
- Aware, Inc.
- BioEnable Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- Continental AG
- Dreamtech Co., Ltd.
- EyeLock LLC
- Fingerprint Cards AB
- Fujitsu Limited
- Hitachi, Ltd.
- INFINITECH TELEMATIC SOLUTIONS
- M2SYS Technology
- Methode Electronics, Inc.
- My Voice AI
- Nuance Communications
- Safran S.A.
- Synaptics Incorporated
- Voxx International Corporation
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Biometric Access System Market, Request for a Sample
Global Automotive Biometric Access System Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Biometric Access System Market, by Deployment
- Off-Vehicle (Mobile Apps, Smart Keys)
Global Automotive Biometric Access System Market, by Type
- Fingerprint based
- Iris Based
- Voice Based
Global Automotive Biometric Access System Market, by Offering
Global Automotive Biometric Access System Market, by Vehicle
- Passenger Vehicle
- Luxury/ Premium Vehicles
- Mid-segment Vehicles
- Entry-class Vehicles
- Commercial Vehicle
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.