Automotive Backup Cameras Market: Introduction
- Rise in demand for reduction in vehicle crashes has prompted automakers to increasingly adopt automotive backup cameras in their vehicles, which in turn is driving the global automotive backup camera market. As per National Highway Safety Transportation Agency (NHTSA), around 15,000 injuries and 210 fatalities occur from vehicle backup accidents every year. This has resulted in enactment of regulations that make installation of backup cameras mandatory in vehicles, which in turn is also driving the global automotive backup cameras market.
Key drivers of global automotive backup cameras market
- Regulations enacted by government authorities and regulatory bodies are mandating vehicle manufacturers to install rearview imaging technology in their vehicles, which fuels the demand for automotive rearview backup camera systems. For instance, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHSTA), USA requires all vehicles manufactured post May 1, 2018 to install a rearview camera that can show 10X20 feet area in the rear of the vehicle. The HUD display in the vehicle displays a virtual grid on screen using the image sensors incorporated in backup cameras. These grids enable the vehicle driver to backup without endangering vehicle safety.
- Several companies have developed dual backup camera systems that incorporate both front view and rearview backup cameras in a single system. For instance, Toguard Electronics Co. has developed a dual backup camera system. Both rear and front cameras have different resolutions and dual lens systems with parking guidelines to help the vehicle driver while parking.
- Rise in demand for comfort and luxury in vehicles is driving the global automotive backup cameras market. Automakers have started providing luxury features including automotive backup cameras in their lower end model as well in order to have a competitive edge and increase the number of vehicle sales. For instance, Chevrolet Trax, Chevrolet Colorado, Mazda MAZDA3, and Toyota Corolla have pre-installed backup cameras. Therefore, increasing adoption of backup cameras by automakers is expected to drive the global automotive backup cameras market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Passenger vehicle segment to account for significant share of global automotive backup cameras market
- Demand for passenger vehicles was higher than that for commercial vehicles in 2019, which in turn led to higher sales of passenger vehicle. Furthermore, a rise in preference toward vehicle security features is prompting automakers to install safety systems in vehicles. Automotive backup cameras enable vehicles to record videos continuously, which can be used to identify vehicle theft and vehicles involved in crashes.
- Backup cameras installed at the rear ends can guide the vehicle driver while parking the vehicle in reverse. All these factors boost the demand for automotive back up cameras and subsequently, drive the global market for automotive cameras.
Asia Pacific to dominate global automotive backup cameras market
- Japan, China, and India in Asia Pacific have presence of major automakers and aftermarket players in the automotive industry. Therefore, the region witnesses intense competition among automakers and aftermarket players. Demand for safety systems in vehicles, such as automotive backup cameras that help drivers to maneuver in the reverse direction and reduce vehicle crashes, is rising.
- Legislations enacted by various governments of various countries and organizations in Asia Pacific are mandating automakers to increase integration of safety features in their vehicles. For instance, SIAM India mandates automakers in India to install safety systems in their vehicles. This, in turn, fuels the demand for automotive backup cameras. All the factors mentioned above are driving global automotive backup cameras market in Asia Pacific.
Key players operating in global automotive backup cameras market:
The global automotive backup cameras market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few key players operating in the global automotive backup cameras market are:
- Continental AG
- Denso Corporation
- Magna International Inc.
- Rear View Safety, Inc.
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Shenzhen chuang'an Zhuo Technology Co. Ltd.
- STONKAM CO.,LTD.
- Toguard Electronics Co.
- Valeo SA
- Zero Edge Technology, LLC.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Backup Cameras Market, Request for a Sample
Global Automotive Backup Cameras Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Backup Cameras Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Hatch Back
- Commercial Vehicle
- Light Commercial
- Heavy Commercial
Global Automotive Backup Cameras Market, by Propulsion
Global Automotive Backup Cameras Market, by Technology
- Wired Backup Camera
- Wireless Backup Camera
Global Automotive Backup Cameras Market, by Type
Global Automotive Backup Cameras Market, by Display
Global Automotive Backup Cameras Market, by Camera Type
- Rear View Backup Camera System
- Dual Backup Camera System (both Front View Backup Camera and Rear View Backup Camera)
Global Automotive Backup Cameras Market, by Feature
- Viewing Angle
- 90 degrees
- 120 degrees
- 135 degrees
- 150 degrees
- 170 degrees
- Image Sensor
- Accelerometer (G-sensor)
- Display Resolution
- Night Vision
- Loop Recording
- Touch Screen Display
- Other Camera Option
Global Automotive Backup Cameras Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Backup Cameras Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.