Automotive Backup Cameras Market: Introduction
- Rise in demand for reduction in vehicle crashes has prompted automakers to increasingly adopt automotive backup cameras in their vehicles, which in turn is driving the global automotive backup camera market. As per National Highway Safety Transportation Agency (NHTSA), around 15,000 injuries and 210 fatalities occur from vehicle backup accidents every year. This has resulted in enactment of regulations that make installation of backup cameras mandatory in vehicles, which in turn is also driving the global automotive backup cameras market.
Key drivers of global automotive backup cameras market
- Regulations enacted by government authorities and regulatory bodies are mandating vehicle manufacturers to install rearview imaging technology in their vehicles, which fuels the demand for automotive rearview backup camera systems. For instance, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHSTA), USA requires all vehicles manufactured post May 1, 2018 to install a rearview camera that can show 10X20 feet area in the rear of the vehicle. The HUD display in the vehicle displays a virtual grid on screen using the image sensors incorporated in backup cameras. These grids enable the vehicle driver to backup without endangering vehicle safety.
- Several companies have developed dual backup camera systems that incorporate both front view and rearview backup cameras in a single system. For instance, Toguard Electronics Co. has developed a dual backup camera system. Both rear and front cameras have different resolutions and dual lens systems with parking guidelines to help the vehicle driver while parking.
- Rise in demand for comfort and luxury in vehicles is driving the global automotive backup cameras market. Automakers have started providing luxury features including automotive backup cameras in their lower end model as well in order to have a competitive edge and increase the number of vehicle sales. For instance, Chevrolet Trax, Chevrolet Colorado, Mazda MAZDA3, and Toyota Corolla have pre-installed backup cameras. Therefore, increasing adoption of backup cameras by automakers is expected to drive the global automotive backup cameras market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Passenger vehicle segment to account for significant share of global automotive backup cameras market
- Demand for passenger vehicles was higher than that for commercial vehicles in 2019, which in turn led to higher sales of passenger vehicle. Furthermore, a rise in preference toward vehicle security features is prompting automakers to install safety systems in vehicles. Automotive backup cameras enable vehicles to record videos continuously, which can be used to identify vehicle theft and vehicles involved in crashes.
- Backup cameras installed at the rear ends can guide the vehicle driver while parking the vehicle in reverse. All these factors boost the demand for automotive back up cameras and subsequently, drive the global market for automotive cameras.
Asia Pacific to dominate global automotive backup cameras market
- Japan, China, and India in Asia Pacific have presence of major automakers and aftermarket players in the automotive industry. Therefore, the region witnesses intense competition among automakers and aftermarket players. Demand for safety systems in vehicles, such as automotive backup cameras that help drivers to maneuver in the reverse direction and reduce vehicle crashes, is rising.
- Legislations enacted by various governments of various countries and organizations in Asia Pacific are mandating automakers to increase integration of safety features in their vehicles. For instance, SIAM India mandates automakers in India to install safety systems in their vehicles. This, in turn, fuels the demand for automotive backup cameras. All the factors mentioned above are driving global automotive backup cameras market in Asia Pacific.
Key players operating in global automotive backup cameras market:
The global automotive backup cameras market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few key players operating in the global automotive backup cameras market are:
- Continental AG
- Denso Corporation
- Magna International Inc.
- Rear View Safety, Inc.
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Shenzhen chuang'an Zhuo Technology Co. Ltd.
- STONKAM CO.,LTD.
- Toguard Electronics Co.
- Valeo SA
- Zero Edge Technology, LLC.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Backup Cameras Market, Request for a Sample
Global Automotive Backup Cameras Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Backup Cameras Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Hatch Back
- Commercial Vehicle
- Light Commercial
- Heavy Commercial
Global Automotive Backup Cameras Market, by Propulsion
Global Automotive Backup Cameras Market, by Technology
- Wired Backup Camera
- Wireless Backup Camera
Global Automotive Backup Cameras Market, by Type
Global Automotive Backup Cameras Market, by Display
Global Automotive Backup Cameras Market, by Camera Type
- Rear View Backup Camera System
- Dual Backup Camera System (both Front View Backup Camera and Rear View Backup Camera)
Global Automotive Backup Cameras Market, by Feature
- Viewing Angle
- 90 degrees
- 120 degrees
- 135 degrees
- 150 degrees
- 170 degrees
- Image Sensor
- Accelerometer (G-sensor)
- Display Resolution
- Night Vision
- Loop Recording
- Touch Screen Display
- Other Camera Option
Global Automotive Backup Cameras Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Backup Cameras Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.