Automotive Advanced Assisted Driving Market - Introduction
Automotive advanced assisted driving is an advance driver assistance system that assists the driver of the vehicle while driving. Automotive advanced assisted driving provides dynamic features such as lane keep assist, adaptive cruise control, parking assistance, lane departure warning, blind spot detection, pedestrian detection system, driver drowsiness monitoring system, night vision system, road sign recognition, adaptive front light system, tire pressure monitoring, and automatic emergency braking system. It improves vehicle efficiency and performance helps reduce the complexity while driving the vehicle. Automotive advanced assisted driving enhances the driving comfort and safety, while reducing the number of road fatalities.
Automotive Advanced Assisted Driving Market - Competitive Landscape
- In 2019, at CES, in Las Vegas, NVIDIA Corporation announced the unveiling of “DRIVE AutoPilot”, which according to the company is the world’s first commercially present Level 2+ advance automated driving system. Its cutting-edge artificial intelligence technologies are likely to supervise self-driving or fully autonomous vehicles, which are expected to go into production from 2020.
- In 2019, FLIR Systems, Inc. introduced its new “FLIR Thermal Imaging Regional Dataset” machine learning program for autonomous vehicle (AV) and development of advanced driver assistance system (ADAS). Furthermore, the company also introduced its new autonomous developer kit, an economical, weatherproof thermal camera developed to test AV and ADAS.
Find out more about our latest report on automotive advanced assisted driving market with exclusive Report brochure here
ZF Friedrichshafen AG
Established in 1995, ZF Friedrichshafen AG is presently based in Friedrichshafen, Germany. The company is a leading provider of driverline, chassis technology, and active and passive technology. The company operates in 40 countries and 19 development location at approximately 230 locations across the globe. It invests around 6% of its sales in R&D, ensuring a strong focus on the the design and development of innovative technologies
Robert Bosch GmbH
Founded in 1886, Robert Bosch GmbH is headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany. It is a leading company that provides innovative solutions for connected mobility, smart cities, smart homes, and connected manufacturing. The company has over 60 regional subsidiaries and companies located in 60 countries, with sales service partners in 150 countries worldwide.
Automotive Advanced Assisted Driving Market - Dynamics
Demand for safety solution while driving coupled with rise in road fatalities is driving demand for automotive advanced assisted driving
Road fatalities is a major cause of death worldwide. Human error is a key factor for vehicle road fatalities. Failing to look and appropriately regulate the vehicle operation and misjudging the movement of other vehicles are key factors that cause road fatalities. Automotive advanced assisted driving constitutes safety solutions that utilize a range of sensors, LiDAR, RADAR, and cameras, which continuously monitor the vehicle surroundings. Vehicles equipped with advanced assisted driving witness a significant decline in road fatalities. This, in turn, has prompted government bodies to enforce stringent safety norms, thereby reducing the rate of road accidents. This is a major factor that is anticipated to boost the demand for automotive advanced assisted driving.
Increasing preference for advanced assisted driving by end-users
Driving on long routes may become stressful for the driver, which can result in road accidents and sometimes fatal injuries too. The automotive advanced assisted driving (adaptive cruise control) system avoids this by maintaining the vehicle’s preset speed and lets the driver to free his hands from the steering wheel. Moreover, the system also eliminates the need to continuously press the accelerator. Furthermore, studies conducted on the increasing number of road fatalities in recent years revealed that accidents, such as head-on collision and side crash coupled with loss of life have reduced due to the availability of advanced assisted driving. Thus, preference for advanced assisted driving systems among end-consumers is expected to increase in the next few years.
Looking for exclusive market insights on automotive advanced assisted driving market? Request a Custom Report here
Malfunction of electronic components coupled with higher cost of the system to restrain the automotive advanced assisted driving
Automotive advanced assisted driving systems comprise electronic equipment, which has a possibility of malfunction. In such cases, the entire system fails to operate and can lead to road accident. Moreover, higher cost of the system is a prime concern, as the entire technology is considerably expensive due to inclusion of LiDAR, RADAR, infrared camera, and multiple sensors. This is anticipated to hamper the market during the forecast period.
Automotive Advanced Assisted Driving Market - Segmentation
Based on technology, the automotive advanced assisted driving market can be classified into
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Lane Keep Assist & Lane Departure Warning
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Blind Spot Detection
- Adaptive Front Light System
- Night Vision System
- Park Assist System
- Automatic Emergency Braking
- Forward Collision System
- Pedestrian Detection System
- Road Sign Recognition
- Traffic Jam Assist
- Driver Monitoring Systems/Drowsiness Monitor System
Based on vehicle type, the automotive advanced assisted driving market can be divided into
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial Vehicle
Based on component, the automotive advanced assisted driving market can be segregated into
Based on propulsion, the automotive advanced assisted driving market can be split into
Based on components sales channel, the automotive advanced assisted driving market can be classified into
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.