Automotive Additive Manufacturing Processes Market: Introduction
- Additive manufacturing (AM), or additive layer manufacturing (ALM), is the industrial production name for 3D printing; a computer controlled process that creates three dimensional objects by depositing materials, usually in layers, for the production of automotive parts that are lighter and rigid
Key Drivers of Automotive Additive Manufacturing Processes Market
- Continuous enhancement of automobiles and prototypes by automakers and OEMs to cater to consumer preference and government norms in making more complex designs, lightweight, and rigid auto components at lower cost for high-performance, fuel-efficient, and low-emission automobiles is driving the automotive additive manufacturing processes market
- Shorter assembly process and lower production cost benefits associated with additive manufacturing are driving the automotive additive manufacturing processes market. Additive manufacturing is enabling companies to create complex designs that require fewer parts to produce these components. Consequently, companies are able to decrease the assembly time and also witness a reduction in quality issues. For instance, Delphi, an Ireland-based tier 1 supplier for the automotive industry, was able to make an aluminum diesel pump as a single piece using a metal 3D printing technique known as Selective Laser Melting. Consequently, the company achieved an impressive reduction in the number of parts needed for the pump, which prevented several post-processing steps and simplified the assembly process.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Challenges in Automotive Additive Manufacturing Processes Market
- The recent outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic has affected national as well as international automotive supply chains, manufacturing and R&D operations, and consequently, hampered the automotive industry. Post first wave of COVID-19, global economies have started opening automotive manufacturing and supply chain operations, thus the COVID impact on the industry seems to have reached a state of normalcy; however, a resurgence in COVID-19 cases in countries across Europe has prompted governments to impose a second round of lockdown restrictions and hence, the uncertainty in the automotive industry continues. A gradual recovery in the demand for automotive and ancillaries is anticipated in the next few months, despite concerns around risk of second wave of infection in several countries and other geopolitical risks.
Opportunities in Automotive Additive Manufacturing Processes Market
- Automotive OEMs are considering establishing in-house technology equipped component manufacturing facilities to reduce the involvement of numerous component manufacturers and subsequently, reduce complex supply chain management process, cost, and shorten production-time. This move is estimated to offer significant opportunity for the global automotive additive manufacturing processes market and is projected to be a win-win situation for additive manufacturing process companies and as well as for automakers.
North America holds Dominant Share of Global Additive Manufacturing Processes Market
North America dominates the global additive manufacturing market. The U.S accounts for a dominant share owing to early adoption of technology as compared to other countries. Expansion of the technology in the region is also supported by several key industry players and a leading number of patents. Established players such as 3D Systems, GE, HP and Stratasys, unicorns Carbon, Desktop Metal, Formlabs and a large number of traditional manufacturing companies that have made the leap into AM. The U.S is recognized as hub of advanced manufacturing innovation, with 88 additive manufacturing R&D projects executed, and more than 225 additive manufacturing organizations. Automakers from the region such as Ford has invested US$ 45 million into its new Advanced Manufacturing Center and has begun printing functional parts for some of its vehicles. GM is also developing approaches to using AM for its future electric cars.
Key Players Operating in Automotive Additive Manufacturing Processes Market
The automotive additive manufacturing processes market is moderately consolidated. A few of the key players operating in the automotive additive manufacturing processes market are:
- 3D Systems, Inc.
- Arcam AB
- Ford Motor Company
- General Electric
- General Electric
- Materialise NV
- MCor Technologies Ltd.
- OECHSLER AG
- Stratasys Ltd.
- TWI Ltd
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Additive Manufacturing Processes Market, Request for a Sample
Global Automotive Additive Manufacturing Processes Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Additive Manufacturing Processes Market, by Manufacturing Process
- Powder Bed Fusion
- Binder Jetting
- Directed Energy Deposition
- Material Extrusion
- Material Jetting
- Sheet Lamination
- Vat Polymerization
Global Automotive Additive Manufacturing Processes Market, by Technology
- Direct Metal Laser Sintering (DMLS)
- Direct Metal Laser Melting (DMLM) and Electron Beam Melting (EBM)
- Stereolithography (SLA)
Global Automotive Additive Manufacturing Processes Market, by Material
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.