Automotive Active Safety Systems Market: Introduction
- Vehicle safety is termed as the design and implementation of regulations, equipment, and infrastructure to minimize the consequences of automobile accidents. Vehicle safety systems can be broadly classified in two major segments, namely active and passive systems.
- Automotive active safety systems monitor the vehicle surroundings and performance to alert the driver and prevent any mishap before it actually occurs. If a collision is impractical to avoid, active safety systems are also able to reduce the severity of impact.
- A vehicle active safety system can perceive the surrounding and operational parameters by using sensors such as radar, cameras, and ultrasonic sensors. Subsequently, processors interpret this information and take corrective actions if needed or alert the occupants.
Key Drivers of Automotive Active Safety Systems Market
- Rise in number of vehicle accidents has created awareness amongst people as well as international organizations. For instance, the United Nations established the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, which includes a target to reduce road traffic deaths and injuries by 50%. Amidst this growing focus on vehicle on-road safety, OEMs are researching about new safety systems for their vehicles. Passive safety systems are reaching the maturity level, which limits the growth opportunity. Active safety measures offer considerable potential by avoiding emergency situations to further increase the on-road safety of vehicles, altogether, or at least by actively helping the driver to mitigate them properly. These benefits have prompted automakers to incorporate some sort of driver assistance systems in their vehicles, which increase vehicle safety, thereby fueling the global automotive active safety systems market.
- Rising burden of road accidents and the cost they implicate on public health has compelled government authorities worldwide to introduce multiple regulations that mandate some active safety systems to ensure safety of vehicle driver and co-passengers. For instance, the U.S and the European Union have mandated implementation of anti-lock brakes (ABS) and Electronic Stability Control (ESC) for all passenger cars, multipurpose vehicles, trucks, and buses. In a similar instance, the Union Minister of India, Mr. Nitin Gadkari stated in a press release of September 2018 that the government is working toward mandating adding ADAS for all cars in India by 2022. These standards introduced by governments are propelling the global automotive active safety systems market.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Active Safety Systems Market, Request for a Sample
Challenges in Automotive Active Safety Systems Market
- Active safety systems are based on input from sensory devices, and malfunction of these sensors may lead to wrong actions taken by the vehicle, which can cause a mishap. Furthermore, these sensors are subjected to harsh environments, which increases replacement frequency and increases the overall price for customers. These factors restrain the automotive active safety systems market.
Impact of COVID-19 pandemic on Automotive Active Safety Systems Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic outbreak hampered multiple industries across the globe including automotive sector. Supply chains of automotive companies were hindered due to the lockdowns imposed by governments, thus creating a shortage of raw materials and components. This disruption hampered the demand for automobiles, thereby restraining the automotive active safety systems market. However, governments are presently lifting restrictions of trade and manufacturing activities and numerous companies are restarting their operations with precautionary measures, which in turn is expected to restore the demand for automotive active safety systems.
North America and Europe to hold significant share of global automotive active safety systems market
- Significant presence of automakers and economically strong populations in Europe and North America have fueled the sale of luxury vehicles that are equipped with multiple active safety systems. Furthermore, Euro NCAP (European New Car Assessment Programme) has included emergency braking on cyclists and pedestrian emergency braking systems in its assessment criteria, which further boosts the incorporation rate of active safety systems in vehicles across the region.
- Automakers in these regions are also increasingly adopting and investing in active safety technologies. For instance, in the U.S., 20 automakers, representing 99% of U.S. light vehicle sales, committed to make the forward collision warning with automatic emergency braking technology standard by 2022. Similarly, the automotive industry in the European Union invests a large part of the sector’s annual US$ 65 billion R&D budget in making passenger cars and commercial vehicles safer. These factors are driving the automotive active safety systems market in North America and Europe.
Key Players Operating in Automotive Active Safety Systems Market
The global automotive active safety systems market is highly concentrated due to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the automotive active safety systems market are:
- Autoliv Inc.
- Continental AG
- DENSO CORPORATION
- Ficosa Internacional SA
- FLIR Systems, Inc.
- HELLA GmbH & Co. KGaA
- HYUNDAI MOBIS
- Knorr-Bremse AG
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Velodyne Lidar, Inc.
- Veoneer Inc.
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Automotive Active Safety Systems Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Active Safety Systems Market, by Components
Global Automotive Active Safety Systems Market, by Vehicle Type
- Two Wheeler Vehicle
- Passenger Vehicle
- Utility Vehicle
- Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive Active Safety Systems Market, by Type
- Anti-lock braking systems (ABS)
- Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB) Systems
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW) Systems
- Drowsiness and Attention Detection Systems
- Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems (TPMS)
- Intelligent Speed Assistance (ISA) Systems
Global Automotive Active Safety Systems Market, by Region
- North America
- Nordic Region
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.