Automotive Active Bonnet Market: Introduction
- An active bonnet in a vehicle is designed to mitigate shock to the pedestrian’s head in case the vehicle collides with a pedestrian. It is designed to activate with a pre-defined speed range. The active bonnet system causes the rear end of the bonnet to pop up in case of an impact that exceeds a certain threshold is detected. This creates a shock-absorbing space between the bonnet and the engine, which in turn reduces the impact force in case a pedestrian bumps into a running vehicle.
- These active bonnets utilize energy absorption materials in the front-end of the vehicle. In case of a frontal collision, when the grille hits the pedestrian's knees, the energy absorbing material mitigates the severity of the pedestrian's knee injuries.
- The active bonnet system also employs a stiffening reinforcement, which is placed at the bottom of the bumper. This is intended to prevent the pedestrian's leg from going under the vehicle. The shape of the bonnet is specifically designed to reduce the damage to the pedestrians' knees in case of a collision.
Key drivers of global automotive active bonnet market
- Most times, in case of vehicle crashes, pedestrians and cyclists lose their lives. According to road accident fatality data published by WHO, approximately 351,000 pedestrians and cyclists lost their lives in road accidents, which accounted for about 26% of total deaths (1.35 million) that occurred in 2018.
- Therefore, various government and regulatory authorities worldwide are collaborating to develop stringent vehicle standards in order to reduce the fatality rate caused by road accidents. Moreover, government organizations provide guidelines for pedestrians in order to increase awareness about road safety practices among the population. For instance, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), USA conducts pedestrian and cyclist safety programs every year that are aimed at increasing safety of the population. According to a report published by WHO, in 2018, 92 countries have implemented rules and regulations to separate pedestrians and cyclists from road traffic.
- Consequently, stringent safety norms are mandating automakers to increase safety features by installing active bonnet systems in their vehicles. This, in turn, drives the global automotive active bonnet market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Automotive safety rating is fueling global automotive active bonnet market
- Various safety features are available in the automotive market for vehicle manufactures to install in their vehicles. For instance, curtain airbags, anti-theft systems, drunk driver detection system, active bonnet system, and driver fatigue monitoring systems are aimed to increase the safety of occupants as well as pedestrians, cyclists, and other vehicles.
- Rising concerns about vehicle safety across the world have mandated vehicles to go through safety programs such as the New Car Assessment Program (NCAP)
- The Australian New Car Assessment Program (ANCAP) and Euro NCAP have included automotive active bonnet under their rating parameter. These stringent rating parameters are likely to be accepted by other countries in the world. This, in turn, is propelling the global automotive active bonnet market.
Asia Pacific to dominate global automotive active bonnet market
- Government initiatives to increase safety of pedestrians, cyclists, and bikers have led to the enactment of various legislations on vehicle manufacturers, which mandate automakers to increase safety features of their vehicles. This has led to rapid adoption of automotive active bonnet system in vehicles, thereby driving the global automotive active bonnet market.
- Various free-trade agreements between Europe-Asia and U.S.-Asia have resulted in economic development of counties such as India, China, Malaysia, and South Korea in Asia Pacific. Furthermore, rapid urbanization in Asia Pacific has led to the development of road infrastructure in order to improve the quality of road transport. This has resulted in a surge in living standard and increase in disposable income of the population, thereby fueling a trend toward owning a vehicle. Therefore, increase in sales of automobiles is driving the global automotive active bonnet market in Asia Pacific.
Key players operating in global automotive active bonnet market
The global automotive active bonnet market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few key players operating in the global automotive active bonnet market are:
- Tesla, Inc.
- Alfa Romeo
- Volkswagen AG
- General Motors
- Mazda Motor Corporation
- BMW AG
- Daimler AG
- Volvo Car Corp.
- Jaguar Land Rover Ltd.
- BUICK (General Motors)
- Kia Motors Corporation
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Automotive Active Bonnet Market, ask for a customized report
Global Automotive Active Bonnet Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Active Bonnet Market, by Vehicle Type
Global Automotive Active Bonnet Market, by Component
- Bumper Sensors
- Electronic Control Unit (ECU)
- Active Hinge Systems
Global Automotive Active Bonnet Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Active Bonnet Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.