360 degree technology, a combination of sensors and electronic devices, provides a complete view of the vehicle’s surroundings. In 360 degree technology, numerous sensors, or cameras, or LiDAR sensors, capture a view of the surrounding of the vehicle, which is presented on the display screen of the infotainment system. It provides the driver an actual surrounding view, which helps to understand the vehicle’s actual situation. A precise view of the vehicle’s surroundings helps the driver to make accurate decisions, which helps eliminate accidents and vehicle to vehicle collisions.
The number of fatal injuries in vehicle crashes is increasing owing to the increasing number of on-road vehicles. Vehicle and occupant protection are of prime importance for manufacturers as well as governing bodies. Continuous research and development activities are being conducted to develop technologies in order to reduce number of accidents and occurring injuries. According to National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), about 94% of accidents are caused by human error or bad decisions made by the driver. Several accidents are caused due to the driver’s blind spots. The 360 degree technology market is primarily driven by its ability to represent a precise view of the surrounding, which enables the driver to make proper decisions accordingly. Vehicles or occupants in the blind spot of a vehicle are visible with the help of 360 degree technology. Raised concern about vehicle safety is driving the global automotive 360 degree technology market at a steady pace.
Automotive 360 degree technology is expensive and may suffer malfunctioning, which is a prime factor restraining the market. 360 degree technology comprises cameras or LiDARs, ECU, display, and other electronic components, which make the technology expensive.
The global 360 degree technology market can be segmented based on sensor, resolution, application, sales channel, vehicle type, and region. In terms of sensors, the global automotive 360 degree technology market can be segregated into two segments. Cameras are inexpensive and able to provide a precise view of the surroundings and hence, consumers and vehicle manufacturers prefer camera-based 360 degree technology. Based on resolution, the automotive 360 degree technology market can be divided into three segments. High definition (HD) cameras provide in-depth view of the surroundings at comparative lower cost. Therefore, they are being widely used in 360 degree technology. For higher resolution than HD camera, ultra high definition (UHD) cameras are employed; however these are preferred by luxury and premium class vehicles owing to their high cost.
Based on application, the global automotive 360 degree technology market can be segregated into three segments. While parking a vehicle, there are several blind spots that can cause a vehicle crash. Therefore, 360 degree technology has proven to be a beneficial technology while parking. According to NHTSA report, published in 2013, driver blind spot causes for about 840,000 accidents. 360 degree technology provides a complete view of the vehicle’s surrounding while driving, which eliminates the driver blind spot and reduces chances of accidents. Therefore, 360 degree technology is gaining popularity for driving applications too.
Based on sales channel, the global automotive 360 degree technology market can be segregated into two segments. OEMs provides 360 degree technologies that are highly reliable and inexpensive as compared to aftermarket available technologies. Therefore, consumers prefer OEM-fitted 360 degree technology. In terms of vehicle type, the global automotive 360 degree technology market can be divided into two segments. Increased travelling and tourism activities, expanding ride hailing and ride sharing activities, and increase in number of cars are fueling the demand for passenger safety. Therefore technologies such as advanced driver assistance system and 360 degree technologies are witnessing a higher rate of adoption in passenger vehicles. Therefore, passenger vehicle is a leading segment of the global automotive 360 degree technology market.
The global automotive 360 degree technology market can be segmented into five prominent regions. Europe and North America comprise countries with marginally higher per capita income, higher standard of living, and raised concern about vehicle safety; hence, these regions witness a significant demand for vehicle safety and comfort technologies such as 360 degree technology. Europe is a technological hub for the automotive industry. According to European Automobile Manufacturers’ Association (ACEA), in 2017, about US$ 63 Bn were invested in R&D activities by the automobile and parts manufacturers and the region ranks first across the globe. Presence of globally leading vehicle manufacturers and technology providers in Europe is expected to propel the automotive 360 degree technology market in the region during the forecast period.
The global automotive 360 degree technology market comprises several global players such as Continental AG, Robert Bosch GmbH, Valeo, Gazer Ltd., Ambarella, FUJITSU, Brigade Electronics Group Plc, and Seon. Increasing awareness about the importance of advanced vehicle technologies, in order to reduce accidents, is likely to offer lucrative opportunities for key players operating the global automotive 360 degree technology market.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.