Global Automated Overhead Cranes Market – Introduction
- Automated overhead cranes are semi-automatic or fully-automatic cranes which consist of parallel runways with a traveling bridge spanning the gap. Automated overhead cranes are used to transfer carts, and to lift and move material, goods, and other commodities from manufacturing processes and storages or warehouses etc. These equipment offer fast, precise, and safe material handling. Automated overhead cranes play a vital role in reducing labor cost, optimize storage, increase productivity, reduce the capital expenditure associated with forklift systems, tracks inventory, and reduces damage. Some common applications of automated overhead cranes are container handling, shipbuilding, steel coil and paper roll handling, metals processing, and general manufacturing etc.
Rise in demand for automated overhead cranes in construction and material handling industry in emerging economies projected to be a driving factor for the market
- Usage of automated overhead cranes in construction and material handling industry in emerging economies are anticipated to be the driving factor for the automated overhead cranes market during the forecasted timeline. The construction industry has grown tremendously in the last few years in developing countries. Construction of roadways, infrastructure development activities of airports, metro and railways, and construction of shopping malls, corporate parks and residential complexes etc. is projected to create immense opportunities for the automated overhead cranes market in the near future.
Increase in trend of offering automated overhead cranes on rental basis projected to create huge opportunities for the market
- Continuous rise in trend of offering automated overhead cranes and other material handling equipment on a rental basis is projected to create huge opportunities for the automated overhead cranes market during the forecasted timeline. Purchase of these heavy lifting equipment entails heavy investment and is not easy for every company. Hiring equipment on a rental basis is an easier and more practical option than up-front purchase. It makes crane an operating expense rather than a capital investment. Various manufacturing companies and distributors are offering these rental services to end-users.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
North America Considered to be the Largest Market for Automated Overhead Cranes
- Geographically, the global automated overhead cranes market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe , Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America accounted for major share of the global automated overhead cranes market in 2018. The market in North America is anticipated to grow at a moderate rate during the forecast period due to rising usage of automated overhead cranes in aerospace & defense, shipbuilding, and energy and power industries etc.
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a significant growth rate during the forecast period due to rapid urbanization, rise in development of transportation infrastructure, demolition of old sites, and construction of new ones etc. in China, India, Japan, and other Southeast Asian countries. This is projected to surge the demand for automated overhead cranes in the Asia Pacific region.
Key Players Operating in the Automated Overhead Cranes Market
Prominent automated overhead cranes manufacturing companies are projected to face healthy competition during the forecast period. Brands such as Konecranes, Dongqi Group, EMH, Inc., and EntsorgaFin S.p.A. are investing heavily in research & development to upgrade the existing automated overhead cranes and planning to launch a new range of automated overhead cranes in the market. Companies are also undertaking mergers & acquisitions and signing agreements with regional distributors and dealers to expand their businesses in various parts of the globe. Some of the key players operating in the global automated overhead cranes market include:
- Dongqi Group
- EMH, Inc
- Engineered Lifting Systems & Equipment Inc.
- EntsorgaFin S.p.A.
- Henan Clescrane System Co., Ltd.
- Hoist UK
- Kundel Industries Inc.
- Sumitomo Heavy Industries Material Handling Systems Co., Ltd.
- Weihua Cranes
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automated Overhead Cranes Market, Request for a Sample
Global Automated Overhead Cranes Market – Research Scope
Global Automated Overhead Cranes Market, by Product
- Single Girder Crane
- Double Girder Crane
- Box Girder Crane
- Truss Girder Crane
- I-beam Crane
- Straddle Crane
- Others (Tower Crane, Stacker Crane)
Global Automated Overhead Cranes Market, by Mode of Operation
Global Automated Overhead Cranes Market, by Capacity
- Below 10 Ton
- 10 Ton to 50 Ton
- 50 Ton to 100 Ton
- 100 Ton to 500 Ton
- Above 500 Ton
Global Automated Overhead Cranes Market, by Application
- Aerospace & Defense
- Energy & Power
- Oil & Gas
- Food Production
- Metals Processing
- Others (General Manufacturing, News Printing etc.)
Global Automated Overhead Cranes Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.