Automated Fiber Placement Market: Advanced method for fabricating composite structures
- Automated fiber placement is an advanced method to fabricate composite structures. This method uses continuous-fiber-reinforced tapes.
- Composite materials offer light weight with equivalent or higher strength than metals
- Automated fiber placement uses robots to place composite materials and build a structure with one layer at a time.
- This method is employed to fabricate highly customized parts, as each layer can be placed at different angles to obtain excellent load-carrying capacity. Robotics offer the operator active control over all process-critical variables and make the process highly repeatable and controllable.
- High-strength aluminum alloy and fiber-reinforced plastic are two types of automated fiber placement materials available in the market. Fiber-reinforced plastic is a popular and traditional material used for automated fiber placement. Fiber-reinforced composites and aluminum alloys are towed mechanically and automatically on a tool to build a complex composite laminate.
- Automated fiber placement is used in various applications such as aerospace, automotive, sports equipment, and civil infrastructures. In the aerospace industry, it is utilized to manufacture wings, empennage, vertical stabilizers, fuselage, helicopters, doors & fairings, propulsion systems, while in the automotive industry, the automated fiber placement method is utilized in the manufacture of automotive interiors, exteriors, drive shafts, and crush tubes. In sports equipment, the automated fiber placement is used in bicycle tubes and skis, while in civil infrastructure, it employed in concrete reinforcement applications.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive Report Brochure here
Key drivers of automated fiber placement market
- The global automated fiber placement market is driven by the increase in demand from the aviation industry. Fibers are becoming more and more important to achieve airplanes with light weight and thereby, make aircraft more eco-friendly and efficient.
- All players operating in the global automated fiber placement market use fibers to produce large parts of airplanes, such as wing covers and fuselage parts.
- The automated fiber placement market is also driven by reduced time, as only 46% of the time is spent in placing of slit tapes, while it takes 54% of the time to manually inspect every ply; correct the placement defects; and set up and clean machine parts.
Automotive and civil infrastructure segment to offer attractive opportunities
- Rising demand for fiber in the automotive industry for automotive weight reduction and to improve fuel efficiency is expected to provide lucrative opportunities to the market players operating in the automated fiber placement market.
- Rising demand for concrete reinforcement with rapid construction activities in developing countries such as Brazil, China, India, and Indonesia is likely to provide lucrative opportunities to the manufacturers of automated fiber placement in civil infrastructure segment.
High capital requirement for new machines to hamper market
- Some machine challenges do exist such as the requirement of capital when new production opportunity persists. Furthermore, understanding the automated fiber placement process is complex. These factors is restraining the global automated fiber placement market.
North America projected to hold leading share of the global automated fiber placement market
- Based on region, the global automated fiber placement market can be segmented into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is expected to dominate the global market during the forecast period, as the world's largest aircraft OEM, i.e. Boeing, is based in the region.
- The market in Europe is likely to expand significantly in the next few years, as Airbus, the leading commercial aircraft maker is based in the region. The market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period.
- The market in developing countries, such as China and India, is estimated to expand at a significant pace in the near future, owing to expansion of aircraft and automotive industries in these countries.
- The automated fiber placement market in Middle East & Africa is anticipated to expand at a moderate pace from 2019 to 2027, due to increasing demand from the automotive industry in the region. The market in Latin America is anticipated to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Automated Fiber Placement Market here
Key players operating in the automated fiber placement market
Major players operating in the global automated fiber placement market are
- BA Composites
- CGTech, Fives Group
- Compositence GmbH
- Spirit AeroSystems, Inc.
- Premium Aerotech
- Cevotec GmbH
- Fives Group
- Kanfit Ltd.
- AVEL Robotics
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries
- GKN Aerospace
- Bombardier Aerospace
- UTC Aerospace System
- Composite Automation, LLC
- Innse-Berardi spa
Global Automated Fiber Placement Market: Research Scope
Global Automated Fiber Placement Market, by Material
- High-strength Aluminum Alloy
- Fiber-Reinforced Plastic
Global Automated Fiber Placement Market, by Application
- Sports Equipment
- Civil Infrastructure
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.