Authoring Tool Market - Introduction
- An authoring tool is a software that aids in the production of e-Learning and other digital content. The tool is also known as Authorware. These tools allow users to write text in multimedia and hypertext applications. It is used for creating a final application by linking together song, text, video, etc. The main aim of an authoring tool is to make the content more effective and simple, which results in saving time for the reader. Most authoring environments and packages include tools for editing, creating, and transforming the various forms of media application. For example, Macro Flash includes a bundle of tools for sound editing. This removes the need to purchase additional tools for sound editing.
- Product features such as user preference for faster, more reliable, and productive work processes, as well as increased project engagement, are driving the demand for authoring tools. Other factors driving market growth include cost efficiency, ease of data visualization, and motorization. Furthermore, continuous investment of tech-giants in research and development helps them to develop more user-friendly and customized solutions, which is expected to fuel the demand for authoring tools over the next few years.
Key Drivers of the Authoring Tool Market
- Growing adoption of E-learning across the globe is the major factor that drives the demand for authoring tools. The rising internet penetration has fuelled the trend of online studies and degrees. This factor is likely to drive the demand for authoring tools during the forecast period. For instance, in 2019, Google launched an open-source authoring tool. This authoring tool targets all education levels from K-12 to higher studies.
- The implementation of cloud computing, peer-to-peer problem-solving, open content development, and rapid growth of the target audience are some of the other factors that are expected to drive the demand for authoring tools in the near future.
- However, lack of awareness and lack of technical workforce in developing economies is expected to hamper the growth of the authoring tool market.
Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Authoring Tool Market
In this pandemic situation, all businesses shifted to a work from home model and all the traditional learning shifted to online learning. As a result, it increased the integration of software solutions in an organization. The software allows an organization to track the performance of employees in the work from home model. This is projected to increase the demand for authoring tools in the coming years.
North America - the Dominant Authoring Tool Market
North America holds a prominent share of the authoring tool market due to the growing adoption of digitalization in organizations and the growing industrialization. In addition, growing web conferencing and video conferencing in enterprises due to strict lockdowns in countries tends to increase the demand for authoring tools.
The market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at the highest CAGR in the authoring tool market during the forecast period. Rapid technological innovations and the growing expansion of SMEs have propelled the demand for authoring tools. In addition, the rising penetration of smartphones in developed economies is another prominent factor that is projected to drive the demand for authoring tools during the forecast period. For instance, according to GSMA, Asia Pacific had 64% mobile subscribers recorded in 2019 which is expected to reach 81% by 2022.
Key Players Operating in the Global Authoring Tool Market
The authoring tool market is highly fragmented due to numerous manufacturers in both developed and emerging regions. Companies in the authoring tool market are increasingly investing in research and development to develop new and innovative techniques to provide authoring tool solutions. Main players operating in the global authoring tool market include:
- Adobe, Inc.
- Kenexa LCMS
- CrossKnowledge Mo hive
- Infor ContentCreator
- SmartBear Software
Global Authoring Tool Market: Research Scope
Global Authoring Tool Market, by Component
- Managed Services
- Consulting Services
- Implementation Services
Global Authoring Tool Market, by Deployment
Global Authoring Tool Market, by Application
- Web Conferencing
- E-mail server
- Instant messaging
Global Authoring Tool Market, by Type
- Website Authoring Tools
- Multimedia Authoring Tools
Global Authoring Tool Market Segmentation, by Region
- Rest of Europe
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
- E-learning Tools Management
- Collaborative Authoring Tool Software
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.