Austenitic Stainless Steel Market: Introduction
- Austenitic stainless steel consists of 16%–30% of chromium and 2%–20% of nickel, which provides high surface quality, formability, and increased resistance to corrosion and wear. It is the most popular grade of the stainless steel produced, owing to its excellent formability and corrosion resistance.
- Austenitic stainless steel is non-magnetic in nature and it is widely used in automotive trims, cookware, food and beverage equipment, processing equipment, and a variety of industrial applications
Key Drivers of Global Austenitic Stainless Steel Market
- The global automotive industry is growing, especially in well-established geographies such as the U.S., Europe, South Korea, and Japan. This growth is attributable to factors such as rise in the number of electric vehicles as a result of growing efforts to curb air pollution and government initiatives in developing countries such as India to encourage foreign direct investments (FDIs) in the local automotive industry.
- Manufacturers are focusing on making the vehicle design more robust as well as light to enhance fuel efficiency as well as safety of the vehicle. In order to achieve this and satisfy the vehicle pollution norms set by various governments, manufacturers are using austenitic stainless steel for manufacture of automotive components. Furthermore, austenitic stainless steel comes with advanced manufacturability, robustness, and metallurgical properties. This enables vehicle manufacturers to make lightweight and robust vehicles. Growing use of austenitic stainless steel in the global automotive industry is projected to have a high positive impact on the global austenitic stainless steel market in the next few years.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Automotive End-use Industry Segment to Witness Attractive Opportunities
- The automotive segment accounted for a major share of the global austenitic stainless steel market in 2018 and it is estimated to maintain its attractiveness throughout the forecast period. In automobiles, austenitic stainless steel is used for exhaust systems.
- In the automotive industry, austenitic stainless steel is used in the manufacture of frames, load-bearing floor panels, reinforcements, sheet metal cabin components, body panels, A- & B-pillars, all-over beams, fuel tanks, wheels, suspension arms, gear shafts, and propeller shafts.
Asia Pacific to Hold a Major Share of Global Austenitic Stainless Steel Market
- The global austenitic stainless steel market is driven by the steadily recovering global economy and improvement in the outlook for automotive and manufacturing sectors across the world. Asia Pacific accounted for a leading market share in 2018, owing to rising public sector investments in defense, infrastructure, and aerospace sectors in countries including China, Malaysia, South Korea, and India. This is driving foreign direct investments in the manufacturing sector in key economies in Asia.
- Growth of the automotive industry in countries such as the U.S. and expansion of the aviation industry in North America are estimated to boost the austenitic stainless steel market in the region during the forecast period. Presence of several automotive giants such as Ford, Bombardier, and General Motors in the U.S. and Canada is also projected to boost the demand for austenitic stainless steel in the region between 2019 and 2027.
- The market in Europe and Middle East & Africa is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, owing to growth of the automotive industry in these regions
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players in Global Austenitic Stainless Steel Market
Various players operate in the global austenitic stainless steel market. However, there is an increasing shift in dynamics toward market consolidation. This can be ascribed to new product development by major companies operating in the U.S. and Europe markets in order to capitalize on the untapped growth potential in Asia Pacific and Africa. Key players operating in the global austenitic stainless steel market are:
- AK Steel Corporation
- Baosteel Group Corporation
- Nippon Steel & Sumikin Stainless Steel Corporation
- Hesteel Group Company Limited
- ArcelorMittal S.A.
- Jiangsu Shagang Group
- Anshan Iron and Steel Group Corporation
- Tata Steel Ltd
- JFE Holdings, Inc.
Global Austenitic Stainless Steel Market: Research Scope
Global Austenitic Stainless Steel Market, by Type
- Type 316
- Type 304
- Type 309
- Type 310
Global Austenitic Stainless Steel Market, by End-use Industry
- Consumer Goods
- Automotive Components
- Oil & Gas
Global Austenitic Stainless Steel Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.