Global Asphalt Anti-stripping Agents Market: Highlights
- Anti-stripping agents are chemical compounds which render a minimum stripping (breaking) of bonds between the aggregate surface and the bitumen film. The property of stripping is attributable to water which enters between the bitumen film and the aggregate surface. The aggregate surface has greater attraction to water than bitumen, owing to hydrophilic nature of the aggregate. This leads to breaking of the adhesive bond of bitumen with the aggregate.
- Anti-stripping agents modify the chemical structure of bitumen. These agents provide perfect adhesion of the bitumen film onto the aggregate surface. By opposing the action of water, these agents increase the wettability of bitumen and its resistance to mechanical and cyclic strains. They also increase durability of bituminous mixtures; provide resistance; allow for extending of production-to-lay times; and help in easing the compaction.
- These materials are largely used in construction of highway roads, airport runways, and bridges
Key Drivers of Global Asphalt Anti-stripping Agents Market
- Rising number of road projects undertaken by governments of different nations is expected to boost the global asphalt anti-stripping agents market during the forecast period. In the U.S., various road projects have been initiated by government agencies in order to reduce traffic. Some of them include Complete 540 project of North Carolina, North Houston Highway Improvement Project of Texas, and High Desert Freeway of California. This, in turn, is expected to boost the demand for asphalt anti-stripping agents during the forecast period.
- Increased investments in the construction of new airports are also expected to propel the global asphalt anti-stripping agents market during the forecast period. According to Center for Aviation, investments in the construction of new airports worldwide were valued at US$ 23,062.59 Mn in 2018 and rose to US$ 62,397.83 Mn in 2019. With the rising investments in airport construction, the demand for asphalt anti-stripping agents is also likely to increase, thereby driving the global market during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Global Asphalt Anti-stripping Agents Market, by Application
- In terms of application, the global asphalt anti-stripping agents market can be segmented into highway roads, airport runways, bridges, and others
- The highway roads segment is projected to account for a major share of the global asphalt anti-stripping agents market by 2027. Growth rate of the highway roads segment is estimated to remain significant during the forecast period.
- The airport runways segment is also expected to witness healthy growth during the forecast period. It is expected to expand at a significant CAGR during the forecast period.
- Expanding at a significant growth rate, the bridges segment is expected to create significant incremental opportunity during the forecast period. Demand for other applications is expected to remain moderate to high across different regions between 2019 and 2027.
Asia Pacific to be a Key Market for Asphalt Anti-stripping Agents
- In terms of region, the global asphalt anti-stripping agents market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The Asia Pacific market is expected to witness continuous growth during the forecast period, followed by Europe. Growing airport construction in countries such as India and China has significantly boosted the market in the region.
- North America is also expected to hold a considerable share of the global market during the forecast period. Rising number of road construction projects in the region is a major factor propelling the market in the region.
- Latin America and Middle East & Africa markets are expected to witness stagnant growth during the forecast period
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global asphalt anti-stripping agents market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- AkzoNobel N.V.
- Arkema SA
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Evonik Industries
- Kraton Corporation
- Huntsman Corporation
- Sasol Limited
- Ingevity Corporation
- Zydex Industries
- Macismo International Ltd
Global Asphalt Anti-stripping Agents Market: Research Scope
Global Asphalt Anti-stripping Agents Market, by Type
- Amine Anti-stripping Agents
- Amine-free Anti-stripping Agents
Global Asphalt Anti-stripping Agents Market, by Application
- Warm Mix Asphalt
- Hot Mix Asphalt
- Cold Mix Asphalt
Global Asphalt Anti-stripping Agents Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.