Asia Pacific Reclamation Sand Market
Asia Pacific Reclamation Sand Market (Process: Mechanical Reclamation, Wet Reclamation, and Thermal Reclamation; and Application: Construction, Foundry, and Others) - Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Project Specific Systems Gain Popularity as Sand Coolers and Simplify Sand Reclamation
The modern foundry industry in India is facing a huge problem of finding new sand sources due to growing mining restrictions. Hence, stakeholders in the Asia Pacific reclamation sand market are turning toward sand reclamation to overcome this issue. As such, the revenue of India is projected for exponential growth in the market landscape and the market is estimated to reach a revenue of ~US$ 2.8 Bn by the end of 2027. Moreover, companies are boosting their credibility credentials on a global level by contributing actively toward environmental protection in cases of scarcity of landfill capacities.
Companies in the market landscape are investing in project-specific systems to cool and de-dust sand. For instance, Giesserei Umwelt Technik GmbH— a specialist for foundry plants, is extensively using project-specific systems that are used as sand coolers and are integrated with a cascade classifier. Thus, companies in the Asia Pacific reclamation sand market should streamline their production practices in a similar way.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
Advanced Reclamation Systems Deliver Cost-efficiency and Reliable Performance at New Foundries
Collaboration has become the key to generate incremental opportunities in the Asia Pacific reclamation sand market. Companies are joining forces to supply sand processing and reclamation systems for projects that are being launched with new foundries. For instance, DIDION-a manufacturer of machinery, including shakeouts and reclamation systems, and Sinto, a trusted manufacturer of foundry equipment, has collaborated with Scania AB, a Swedish manufacturer of commercial vehicles, to supply reclamation systems for Scania’s new foundry in Sweden. Thus, companies in the Asia Pacific reclamation sand market should set their collaboration wheels in motion to capitalize on value-grab opportunities.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
The market is projected to grow at a favorable CAGR of ~7% during the forecast period. Equipment companies are increasing their production capabilities to develop novel reclamation systems that crush, scrub, and classify chemically bonded lumps down to grain size. They are also manufacturing systems that can be easily installed and deploy low maintenance costs.
Thermal Reclamation Offers Time and Cost Efficiency in Production of Clean Sand
The Asia Pacific reclamation sand market is estimated to reach an output of ~8,300 kilo tons by the end of 2027. However, high costs involved with the sand reclamation procedure are hindering market growth. Hence, companies are increasing their focus on thermal reclamation processes. As such, the revenue of thermal reclamation is projected for aggressive growth in the market landscape. Thus, stakeholders in the Asia Pacific reclamation sand market are benefitting with the advantages of thermal reclamation such as accurate removal of binding agents and the possibility of using complete sand for the production of fresh molding. This indicates that thermal reclamation provides cost and time efficiency for stakeholders.
Thermal reclamation is being highly publicized for producing very less chemically harmful dust in the atmosphere. Companies are streamlining their production practices by conducting the process of thermal reclamation in fluidized beds. This process helps in maintaining the proper shape of sand grains and is clean for further usage by facilitating sand, which is as good as new sand. Such production practices are boosting the credibility of companies in the Asia Pacific reclamation sand market.
Price Rise of Silica Sand Creating Demand for Mechanical Sand Systems
The process of department-by-department examination is casting a spotlight on ways to improve operations and reduce costs. Thus, the Asia Pacific reclamation sand market is continuously growing with high presence of tier 3 players consisting of local and regional companies accounting for a market share of ~30%-40% in 2018. Companies are focusing on available floor space, core & metal removal, and sand mulling & sand delivery for the establishment of sand systems in casting facilities. In chemically bonded molding systems, companies are separating the metal from the sand, prior to reclamation in order to improve the quality of sand.
The recent price increase of silica sand is bolstering the demand for both mechanical and thermal systems in the Asia Pacific reclamation sand market. These trends are encouraging equipment companies to make sand systems financially viable for medium and small-sized casting operations.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Asia Pacific Reclamation Sand Market , ask for a customized report
Strategic collaborations between equipment manufacturing companies and metal casting companies can help improve the material flow and handling of add-on projects in the Asia Pacific reclamation sand market. Appropriate screening techniques and magnetic separators are extensively being adopted by companies to efficiently remove impurities in the sand circuit, thus providing a decisive qualitative advantage to companies.
Though rising prices of silica sand are creating a demand for sand reclamation, high costs involved with the sand reclamation procedure and increased generation of chemically harmful dust are slowing down market growth. Hence, companies should collaborate with equipment manufacturing companies who can develop cutting-edge sand reclamation systems that are less capital-intensive and are environment-friendly.
Asia Pacific Reclamation Sand Market: Overview
- In terms of value, the reclamation sand market in Asia Pacific is expected to reach ~US$ 2.8 Bn by 2027
- During the sand reclamation process, binders and coatings that adhere to sand grains during casting production are removed to recycle sand for subsequent use
- The sand reclamation process is of three major types: mechanical reclamation (also known as attrition reclamation or dry reclamation), wet reclamation, and thermal reclamation
Asia Pacific Reclamation Sand Market: Key Drivers and Restraints
- Rise in oil and gas exploration and drilling activities in Asia Pacific is anticipated to drive the demand for drilling mud in the near future. This, in turn, is expected to boost the reclamation sand market in the region during the forecast period.
- Engine oils and lubricants need to deliver high performance throughout the operating life of engines or machines. Hence, manufacturers of engine oils and lubricants use lubricating additives to attain anti-wear and anti-corrosive properties. Thus, increasing demand for lubricants is projected to drive the reclamation sand market during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific Reclamation Sand Market: Key Process Segment
- Based on process, the reclamation sand market in Asia Pacific has been segregated into mechanical reclamation, wet reclamation, and thermal reclamation
- In the mechanical sand reclamation method, binders are ground quickly to keep sand flowing through the foundry process. Wet reclamation partially removes sand coatings and organic matter, while thermal reclamation, which is typically carried out at over 800°C, is suitable for non-ferrous foundries and oil-bonded sands that do not contain clay.
- These reclamation processes are sometimes combined to improve sand recovery and quality. For instance, sand may be processed by using thermal reclamation after wet reclamation to completely remove organic matter and restore the original quality of sand.
- The wet reclamation process is complex, but the quality of wet reclaimed sand is better than the sand obtained through any other process. However, the combination of mechanical reclamation and wet reclamation processes is the most suitable method. The quality of wet reclaimed sand is close to that of the fresh sand. Hence, in several cases, fresh sand can be replaced by wet reclaimed sand.
Asia Pacific Reclamation Sand Market: Key Application
- Based on application, the reclamation sand market in Asia Pacific has been divided into foundry, construction, and others
- Reclaimed sand is used in concrete. Foundry sand aggregates can be used for all structural elements in civil engineering. Reclaimed sand is also used for scattering on golf courses and in children's play sand pits.
- The foundry segment accounted for leading share of the reclamation sand market in Asia Pacific in 2018, due to presence of large numbers of foundries in the region and increase in demand for reclamation sand in these foundries
- Rapid industrialization and rise in demand for foundry products in automotive and aerospace industries in Asia Pacific are expected to fuel the demand for reclamation sand in the near future
China to be Highly Lucrative Country of Asia Pacific Reclamation Sand Market
- China is a key country of the reclamation sand market in Asia Pacific, owing to growth of industries, such as power transmission and railways, in the country. It is a major hub for automotive products, wherein aluminum casting products are used, due to their superior properties over other metals, including light weight and low cost.
- Japan held key share of the reclamation sand market in Asia Pacific in 2018. It is one of the prominent players in the global foundry industry. Expansion of end-use industries of casting products is estimated to boost the reclamation sand market in Japan during the forecast period.
- India is the second-largest producer of foundry products in the world. Strong growth of the foundry industry and government support for reclamation sand in India are projected to drive the reclamation sand market in the country during the forecast period.
- Rise in demand for sand in Singapore and Malaysia is expected to fuel the demand for reclamation sand in these countries during the forecast period
Asia Pacific Reclamation Sand Market: Competition Landscape
- Major manufacturers of reclamation sand include
- ASAHI YUKIZAI CORPORATION
- Asahi Modi Corporation
- Mangalore Minerals Pvt Ltd.
- Mangal Minerals.
- These companies have considerable presence in the reclamation sand market in Asia Pacific.
- Prominent players focus on developing commercially viable processes for the manufacture of reclamation sand that comply with the regulations
Asia Pacific Reclamation Sand Market – Scope of the Report
The new study on the reclamation sand market in Asia Pacific published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) presents a wealth of information on key market dynamics, including drivers, market trends, and challenges as well as structure of the reclamation sand market in the region. TMR’s study offers valuable information on the reclamation sand market in Asia Pacific to illustrate how growth would discern during the forecast period of 2019 to 2027.
Key indicators of market growth, which include value chain analysis as well as supply chain analysis and compounded annual growth rate (CAGR), are elucidated in TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This data can help readers interpret quantitative growth prospects for the reclamation sand market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
Extensive analysis of leading market players’ business strategies is also featured in TMR’s study on the reclamation sand market in Asia Pacific. This can help readers understand principal factors driving the reclamation sand market in Asia Pacific. In this study, readers can also find specific data on avenues for qualitative and quantitative growth of the reclamation sand market in Asia Pacific, which would guide market players in making apt decisions in the near future.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Study on Asia Pacific Reclamation Sand Market
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth rate of the reclamation sand market in Asia Pacific between 2019 and 2027?
- What is the influence of changing trends in processes of the reclamation sand market in Asia Pacific?
- Will China continue to be the most profitable market for manufacturers of reclamation sand in Asia Pacific in the near future?
- Which factors are projected to hinder the reclamation sand market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies operating in the reclamation sand market in Asia Pacific?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the reclamation sand market in Asia Pacific and arrive at conclusions on future growth prospects for the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the conclusions drawn.
Secondary resources referred to by analysts during the production of the report on the reclamation sand market in Asia Pacific include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and market white papers. Analysts also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the reclamation sand market in Asia Pacific as a primary resource.
These primary and secondary resources provided exclusive information during interviews, which served as a validation from leading players operating in the reclamation sand market in Asia Pacific. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases allows this report to address specific details and questions about the reclamation sand market in Asia Pacific with accuracy. The study also uses a top-down approach to assess numbers for each segment and bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in making TMR’s estimates on future prospects for the reclamation sand market in Asia Pacific more reliable and accurate.
Asia Pacific Reclamation Sand Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the reclamation sand market in Asia Pacific segments the market based on process, application, and country and sub-region. Changing market trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these segments of the reclamation sand market in Asia Pacific have been discussed in detail.
Others (including Decorative Articles)
Country and Sub-region
Rest of Asia Pacific