Asia & Middle East Polyolefin Catalyst Market
Asia & Middle East Polyolefin Catalyst Market (Product Type - Ziegler–Natta, Metallocene, Phillips/Chromic, and Others; and Application: Polyethylene (Low-density Polyethylene (LDPE) and High-density Polyethylene (HDPE)) and Polypropylene) - Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Commercialization of Polyolefin to Fuel Demand for Polyolefin Catalysts
Nearly six decades ago, Giulio Natta and Karl Ziegler discovered the catalytic polymerization of propylene and polymerization. Over the years, polyolefin has gradually emerged as one of the most produced polymers in terms of volume. At present, Ziegler polymers are increasingly being used in the production of films, fibers, plastics, and elastomers, among others. Research and development activities over the past three to four decades have played an important role in the development of new generation of Ziegler-Natta catalysts that are extensively used to manufacture polyolefins such as polyethylene, high-density polyethylene, polypropylene, etc. Considerable investments have been made to improve the traditional Ziegler process, which has enabled the development of a new generation Ziegler-Natta catalysts. In the current scenario, stakeholders in the Asia & Middle East polyolefin catalyst market are expected to devote resources toward research and commercialization of polyolefin, which in turn is expected to influence the growth of the Asia & Middle East polyolefin catalyst market during the forecast period (2019-2027).
The upsurge in the synthesis process of polyolefin wherein polyolefin catalysts are used is expected to generate significant demand for polyolefin catalysts during the assessment period. In addition, the demand for polyolefin, particularly for applications in the oil & gas and energy sectors, is expected to provide lucrative opportunities for stakeholders operating in the current Asia & Middle East polyolefin catalyst market. In a nutshell, research and development coupled with widening applications of polyolefin in an array of industries are expected to drive the Asia & Middle East polyolefin catalyst market to ~US$ 1.7 Bn mark by the end of 2027.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Polyolefin Catalysts Market
Ziegler-Natta Catalysts to Retain Popularity; Adoption of Metallocene on Rise
The application of polymers continues to expand at a rapid pace, owing to advancements in technology, biochemistry, and emphasis on research and development. Of the different types of polymers that are available, polyolefin spearheads the way in terms of production as well as adoption. The advent of recently developed methyl aluminoxane (MAO)/metallocene catalysts has unlocked the potential of synthesizing polymers with optimum properties, including well-defined microstructure, stereoregularity, and tacticity. Significant progress in polymerization was made due to single active sites on relatively new metallocene catalysts. The popularity and adoption of single-site polyolefin catalysts, including zirconocenes, half titanocene/MAO, etc., is set to grow as they have the ability to control multiple essential parameters, including the degree of linearity, molecular weight distribution, and co-monomer distribution.
Despite the growing interest and demand for metallocene, the Zigler-Natta catalyst is anticipated to remain the most popular catalyst in the Asia & Middle East polyolefin market during the forecast period. Within the polymerization industry, Ziegler-Natta catalysts are increasingly being used to produce polypropylene. The exponential rise in the demand for HDPE, LDPE, and LLDPE has directly impacted the demand for polyolefin catalysts, which is expected to move in the upward trajectory over the course of the forecast period. The surge in demand for these polymers is primarily one of the leading factors that is likely to propel the growth of the Asia & Middle East polyolefin catalyst market in the coming years. In addition, as these polyolefins can be recycled manually, the demand for polyolefin catalysts is projected to witness steady growth during the forecast period.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Stakeholders Focus on Expansion of Product Portfolio and Strategic Partnerships
Stakeholders in the current Asia & Middle East polyolefin catalyst market are focusing on gaining market share by expanding their product portfolio and entering into strategic partnerships with other small-medium sized participants of the Asia & Middle East polyolefin catalyst market. For instance, in October 2019, PQ Group Holdings, a global provider of specialty catalysts, chemicals, materials, etc., with a strong presence in Asia & Middle East, entered into an agreement with INEOS Polyolefin Catalysts. The companies aims to fast-track the commercialization of a few polyethylene catalysts to customers. Moreover, the collaboration will also expand PQ Group’s current catalyst range and provide the company with an opportunity to gain new customers.
While collaborations, mergers, and strategic alliances are the way forward for a number of stakeholders, others are investing resources in research.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on “Polyolefin Catalysts Market”
The Asia & Middle East polyolefin catalyst market is expected to grow at a steady CAGR of ~6% during the forecast period. The market growth can be attributed to a range of factors, including a growing focus on research and development and increasing demand for polyethylene, LDPE, polypropylene, and HDPE. In addition, favorable properties of polyolefin catalysts is another factor that will increase the demand for the same in the coming years. Ziegler-Natta catalysts will remain the most popular polyolefin catalyst, followed by the Metallocene catalyst. Stakeholders in the Asia & Middle East polyolefin catalyst market landscape should focus on expanding their market presence through collaborations, launching new products, and adding new products to their existing portfolio.
Asia & Middle East Polyolefin Catalyst Market: Overview
- A catalyst is a substance or chemical which is added to a reaction process to increase the reaction rate, without getting consumed in the process
- Polyolefin catalysts are used during the polymerization of olefins into polyolefin. They help control the polymerization process, polymer structure, and polymer yield in the process.
Rising Demand for Polyethylene in Asia & Middle East Drive Polyolefin Catalyst Market
- Polyethylene is a lightweight, durable thermoplastic with variable crystalline structure. It is of two types: low-density polyethylene (LDPE) and high-density polyethylene (HDPE). HDPE has diverse applications in industries such as packaging, consumer goods, fibers & textiles, and automotive.
- Asia witnesses high consumption of polyethylene products, especially in developing countries such as China, India, and countries in ASEAN. China and India witness presence of a large number of end-use industries that are major consumers of polyethylene in Asia Pacific.
- Desirable properties and wide-scale application in various fields are anticipated to increase the demand for polyethylene in the near future. This, in turn, is anticipated to drive the polyolefin catalyst market in Asia & Middle East during the forecast period.
High Demand for High-grade Polyolefin Creates Opportunities for Asia & Middle East Polyolefin Catalyst Market
- High demand for high-grade polyolefin creates ample opportunities for manufacturers of polyolefin catalysts to supply products with improved toughness, thickness, and other essential characteristics. For instance, high-grade polypropylene is required in the production of polypropylene thermoplastic composites, which are used in automotive interior parts such as trims, main and auxiliary instrument panels, and door panels and columns.
- Manufacturers of polyolefin catalysts not only supply catalysts to producers of commodity industrial-grade polyolefin, but also have an opportunity to supply catalysts to producers of specialty-grade polyolefin. Thus, third party, independent catalyst manufacturers can leverage this opportunity and help polyolefin producers achieve product differentiation.
Expansions, Acquisitions, and New Contracts in Asia & Middle East Polyolefin Catalyst Market
- On April 03, 2018, Albermarle Corporation announced completion of the previously announced sale of its polyolefin catalysts & components business to W. R. Grace & Co. in a transaction valued at approximately US$ 416 Mn
- In September 2017, LyondellBasell Industries Holdings B.V. started operations at its third polypropylene compounding facility in Dalian, China, which has capacity of 20,000 TPA. The company’s management is planning to leverage its position in the local market in China with an integrated value chain ranging from the polypropylene technology to specialized compounding products.
- In February 2017, Sinopec Corp. announced development of the online third-generation polypropylene catalyst technology. The technology was authorized and patented in China and the U.S. in 2016. The online regulation of performance of polypropylene catalysts is projected to help the company design and develop high-performance grades of polyolefin with effective control of molecular weight in the next few years.
Polypropylene Offers Lucrative Opportunities in Asia & Middle East Polyolefin Catalyst Market
- Based on application, the Asia & Middle East polyolefin catalyst market can be segmented into polyethylene and polypropylene. The polyethylene segment dominated the polyolefin catalyst market in Asia & Middle East in 2018.
- The polypropylene segment is projected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, due to rise in the demand for polypropylene products, as they have superior resistance to cracking and stress, lower gas permeability, better clarity and gloss, better chemical resistance, and lower thermal expansion than polyethylene products. Additionally, polypropylene has higher flexural strength, tensile strength, and surface hardness in comparison to HDPE.
- Based on product type, the Asia & Middle East polyolefin catalyst market can be segmented into Ziegler–Natta, Metallocene, Phillips/Chromic, and others. The Ziegler–Natta segment dominated the polyolefin catalyst market in Asia & Middle East in 2018.
Asia Dominates Asia & Middle East Polyolefin Catalyst Market
- Asia dominated the Asia & Middle East polyolefin catalyst market in 2018. The polyolefin catalyst market in the sub-region is likely to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, due to rapid industrialization and urbanization. In terms of revenue, China, India, Japan, and South Korea are major contributors to the Asia polyolefin catalyst market.
- China is expected to be a highly attractive country of the polyolefin catalyst market in Asia during the forecast period, as the country is a major producer and consumer of polyolefin catalysts in the sub-region, due to presence of a large number of end users in the country
- The Middle East held a lower share of the Asia & Middle East polyolefin catalyst market in 2018. Demand for polyolefin catalysts in the Middle East is rising, due to increasing production of polypropylene in the sub-region. Demand for injection-molded products is high in the Middle East and this is likely to boost the demand for polypropylene and polyethylene in the sub-region during the forecast period.
- Saudi Arabia held a dominant share of the polyolefin catalyst market in the Middle East in 2018. Rising demand for automobiles and ongoing industrial development in the country are projected to drive the polyolefin catalyst market in Saudi Arabia during the forecast period.
- Iran is projected to be a highly lucrative country of the polyolefin catalyst market in the Middle East during the forecast period. The country is witnessing rise in the production of polyethylene and polypropylene currently.
Highly Competitive Asia & Middle East Polyolefin Catalyst Market
- The Asia & Middle East polyolefin catalyst market is consolidated, with a top few companies holding a major market share
- Key players operating in the Asia & Middle East polyolefin catalyst market are
- BASF SE,
- DowDuPont Inc.,
- ExxonMobil Corporation,
- Evonik Industries AG,
- Reliance Industries Limited,
- AkzoNobel N.V.,
- Albermarle Corporation,
- Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation,
- Sinopec Corp.,
- LyondellBasell Industries Holdings B.V.,
- W. R. Grace & Co.-Conn.,
- Nippon Chemical Industrial CO., LTD., and
- Chevron Phillips Chemical Company
Asia & Middle East Polyolefin Catalyst Market – Scope of Report
A latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the Asia & Middle East polyolefin catalyst market to accurately gauge its growth in the near future. The study presents detailed information about important growth factors, restraints, and key trends that are creating a landscape for future growth of the Asia & Middle East polyolefin catalyst market, to identify new growth opportunities for market stakeholders. The report also provides insightful information about how the Asia & Middle East polyolefin catalyst market is expected to expand during the forecast period i.e. from 2019 to 2027.
The report offers intricate dynamics about different aspects of the Asia & Middle East polyolefin catalyst market, which would aid companies operating in the market in making strategic decisions. TMR’s study also elaborates on significant changes that are anticipated to configure the growth of the Asia & Middle East polyolefin catalyst market during the forecast period. It also includes key indicator assessment that highlights growth prospects for the Asia & Middle East polyolefin catalyst market and estimates statistics related to the market growth, in terms of volume (tons) and value (US$ Mn).
This study covers detailed segmentation of the Asia & Middle East polyolefin catalyst market, along with key information and a competition outlook. The report mentions company profiles of players that are currently dominating the Asia & Middle East polyolefin catalyst market, wherein various developments, expansions, and winning strategies practiced and implemented by these players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on Asia & Middle East Polyolefin Catalyst Market
The report provides detailed information about the Asia & Middle East polyolefin catalyst market on the basis of comprehensive research on various factors that are playing a key role in promoting growth of the market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently operating in the market and are finding innovative methods to create a unique benchmark in the Asia & Middle East polyolefin catalyst market. This helps them in designing strategies and making target-driven decisions.
- Which product type segment would emerge as a revenue generator for the Asia & Middle East polyolefin catalyst market during the forecast period?
- How are major market players successfully earning revenues in the competitive Asia & Middle East polyolefin catalyst market?
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth trend of the Asia & Middle East polyolefin catalyst market between 2019 and 2027?
- What are the winning imperatives of leading players operating in the Asia & Middle East polyolefin catalyst market?
- Which application segment of the Asia & Middle East polyolefin catalyst market is likely to be highly attractive between 2019 and 2027?
- Which regions are expected to provide growth opportunities to players operating in the Asia & Middle East polyolefin catalyst market during the forecast period?
Research Methodology – Asia & Middle East Polyolefin Catalyst Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts for compiling the report on the Asia & Middle East polyolefin catalyst market is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of the market-affiliated information obtained and legitimated by market-admissible resources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecasts for the Asia & Middle East polyolefin catalyst market.
During the primary research phase, analysts have interviewed market stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales & marketing managers. On the basis of data obtained through interviews, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the Asia & Middle East polyolefin catalyst market.
For secondary research, analysts have scrutinized numerous annual reports, publications, white papers, market association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the Asia & Middle East polyolefin catalyst market.
Asia & Middle East Polyolefin Catalyst Market – Segmentation
TMR’s research study assesses the Asia & Middle East polyolefin catalyst market in terms of product type, application, and region. This report presents extensive market dynamics and trends associated with different segments of the market and how they are influencing the growth prospects for the Asia & Middle East polyolefin catalyst market.