Arabinoxylans: Market Outlook
Arabinoxylans (AX) are polysaccharides that are present in the tissues of cereal and grains, including wheat, corn, barley oat, rice, and rye. Arabinoxylans are mainly present in wheat and barley. The hydrolysis of arabinoxylans with arabinoxylan degrading enzymes results in a product known as arabinoxylan oligosaccharides. Arabinoxylan, along with arabinoxylan oligosaccharides, are considered as essential dietary fibers. These saccharides are deemed to be full of health benefiting and aiding properties such as cholesterol-lowering capacity, immune system modulating, prebiotics action, reducing the chances of type II diabetes, and others. Increasing health and wellness concerns among various demographics and the growing inclination towards a healthy diet and dietary fibers are resulting in the growing demand for arabinoxylans in the food and feed industry. Besides, the arabinoxylans derived from wheat and rye act as essential functional ingredients used in baked goods and other food products. Arabinoxylans are responsible for water binding and holding capacity, starch retrogradation, and rheology in bakery products and dough. They also are responsible for gas retention in dough due to their viscous influence on gluten-starch films.
Increasing Interest in Pro-health Compounds is Driving the Demand for Arabinoxylans
The market for arabinoxylans is anticipated to increase over the forecast years, owing to the growing demand for pro-health compounds. Increasing consumer inclination towards better lifestyles and sufficient dietary intake, including proper dietary fibers, are the factors responsible for the rising demand for arabinoxylans. The health aiding properties of arabinoxylans, such as digestive aid, improving gut health, cholesterol lowering, avoiding excessive glucose peaks, and other health benefits are helping arabinoxylan gain popularity among health enthusiasts. The increasing market for dietary supplements and nutraceuticals is further boosting the demand for arabinoxylans. Besides, increasing applications of arabinoxylans in the food industry for the preparation of bread, dough, and other baked products to bind water and to improve the physical property of the goods are further fuelling the demand for arabinoxylans.
Global Arabinoxylans Market: Segmentation
On the basis of source, the global arabinoxylans market has been segmented as-
On the basis of end use, the global arabinoxylans market has been segmented as-
- Food Industry
- Animal Feed
- Dietary Supplement and Nutraceuticals
On the basis of region, the global arabinoxylans market has been segmented as-
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
Global Arabinoxylans Market: Key Players
Some of the major players in the arabinoxylans market include BioActor B.V., Daiwa Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., Cargill, Incorporated, and Merck KGaA. Major market players are concentrated in North America, which contributes to the greater market share of the region.
- In 2012, BioActor B.V. acquired patents and clinical data for arabinoxylan-assets from DF3-WITAXOS. The acquisition aimed at strengthening the company’s portfolio of patented specialty fibers with proven health effects.
- BioActor B.V. offers Naxus, an arabinoxylan extract derived from wheat that is used for supporting digestive health and to slow down glucose absorption.
Opportunities for Market Participants
Arabinoxylan companies are anticipated to find strong market opportunities in developed regions such as North America and Europe, owing to the increasing market for dietary supplements and nutraceuticals in these regions. Growing consumer awareness regarding the health benefits of dietary fibers is further resulting in the growing demand for arabinoxylans. The increasing market for dietary fibers and digestive aids such as prebiotics, gut health enhancers, and others is creating a need for similar and more effective solutions, which is boosting the demand for arabinoxylans. Besides, increasing demand for baked products and processed food is further responsible for surging the market demand for arabinoxylans.
Manufacturers are focusing on mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures to update their inventories with the formulations of arabinoxylans and to gain the attention of a larger consumer base, which will help them set a strong brand image of their arabinoxylan products.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.