Augmented reality or virtual reality is facilitating the growth of computing power. This technology can integrate new and trending algorithms of Big Data, Artificial intelligence, and wearable devices, among others. Conglomeration of augmented reality with virtual reality is expected to drive the growth of next generation computing and work as an instinctive edge for Internet of Things (IoT). The adoption of AR in education is likely to gain momentum due to the inclusion of advanced forms of technology in the process of education. Rise in emphasis on collaborative and experimental learning is likely to drive the growth prospects of AR in the education market over the forecast period. Introduction of AR in education through various applications and interactive textbooks is likely to facilitate student oriented learning. Experimental learning is a crucial way to obtain new and innovative skills as it involves learning on the basis of conceptualization, observation, and testing situations. With the rise in trend of AR technology, there has been an impact on the physical environment resulting in improvement of learning experience for students. AR learning experience in educational content comprises audio, video and games, among others which have changed the perspective of education. AR in education helps in addressing queries through natural content and choose subjects as per need of students. The rise in trend of IoT technology is likely to impact the growth of AR in education, paving the way for more opportunity in the near future.
The AR in education market is segmented by product type and end-users. On the basis of product type, the AR in education market is segregated into AR hardware and AR content. AR content held the dominant share of the AR in education market in 2016 and is likely to hold the major market share over the forecast period. AR content overlays 3D images and text over real time environment that is expected to transform the methods of teaching. The textbooks are effective as they contain interactive elements that help to address the problems of students. AR gaming and AR video games coupled with AR applications and interactive textbooks are primarily driven by rise in demand from faculty and students in institutions. By end-user, the AR in education market is segregated into higher education and K-12. Rise in government expenditure for education is likely to influence the growth of this segment in the coming years. Increase in the use of AR in healthcare, aerospace, and automotive is expected to drive the growth of this market.
Geographically, the AR in education market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America. North America held majority share of the AR in education market in 2016 and is likely to retain its dominance over the forecast period. Wide implementation of AR technology in institutions is expected to drive the growth prospects of the market over the forecast period. Rise in deployment of AR in the educational system along with advancements in technology is likely to drive the growth of the AR in education market over the forecast period. Presence of numerous global vendors in this region is one of the key factors of growth for the AR in education market. Europe is likely to have an increasing market share due to the rise in the adoption of AR in the existing education market technology. Consumer awareness for AR in education systems along with the zeal to enhance the skills and knowledge of students is predicted to drive the growth of this market in this region.
The market for AR in education is highly fragmented due to the presence of established global players along with several new entrants in this market. Key players in the AR in education market are EON Reality, Magic Leap, DAQRI, GAMOOZ, QuiverVision, Google, Inc., Chromville, Meta Company, InGage, and Popar, among others.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.