Aprotic Solvents: Introduction
- Aprotic solvents are solvents whose compounds do not contain proton or hydrogen atom or O-H or N-H group. For example, acetone does not have proton or hydrogen atoms. Thus, it is an aprotic solvents. Aprotic solvents include toluene, cyclohexane, and other aliphatic or aromatic solvents that do not contain acidic or basic groups (i.e., proton-generating functionalities).
- Aprotic solvents are more reactive than protic solvents and are widely used to dissolve materials. The oil & gas industry is the major end-user of aprotic solvents due to the rise in demand for petroleum products across the globe. Furthermore, demand for paints & coatings and agrochemicals is high due to expansion of construction and agriculture sectors. Aprotic solvents are used for the formulation of paints and agrochemicals. Thus, demand for aprotic solvents is likely to rise significantly by 2031.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Aprotic Solvents Market
- The aprotic solvents market has developed significantly in the recent years. This can be primarily ascribed to the high performance and increasing recognition of aprotic solvents globally. Aprotic solvents possess various properties such as high relative permeability, low reactivity, and thermal stability due to which they are widely used in various end-use industries. Increase in usage of aprotic solvents in pharmaceutical, agrochemicals, oil & gas, electronics, and paints & coatings industries is expected to propel the aprotic solvents market during the forecast period.
- Growth of the construction industry is driving the usage of paints and coatings to a large extent. This is expected to create significant opportunities for the aprotic solvents market. Aprotic solvents are widely used in the paints & coatings industry. Thus, the aprotic solvents market is anticipated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period.
Aprotic Solvents: Product Segment
- In terms of product, the global aprotic solvents market can be segmented into n-methyl-2-pyrrolidone, toluene, benzene, acetone, and others
- The n-methyl-2-pyrrolidone segment is expected to account for significant share of the global aprotic solvents market. It is anticipated to be followed by toluene.
Aprotic Solvents: Source Segment
- In terms of source, the global aprotic solvents market can be segmented into bio-based and conventional
- The conventional segment is expected to account for significant share of the global aprotic solvents market during the forecast period.
Aprotic Solvents: End-use Segment
- In terms of end-use, the global aprotic solvents market can be segmented into pharmaceutical, adhesives, oil & gas, electronics, personal care, paints & coatings, agrochemicals, and others
- The oil & gas segment is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. It is projected to be followed by the agrochemicals segment.
- The electronics segment is likely to expand at a healthy CAGR during the forecast period, owing to the increase in usage of electronics products across the globe
COVID-19 Impact on Aprotic Solvents Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 213 countries and territories around the world.
- Several governments and private sector businesses are operating at a limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic
- Manufacture of various consumer goods and other products across the globe has come to a halt due to the unavailability of raw materials, shortage of labor, etc. This is expected to hamper the aprotic solvents market.
Asia Pacific to Dominate Aprotic Solvents Market
- In terms of region, the global aprotic solvents market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific dominated the aprotic solvents market in 2020. This trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to the increasing demand for pharmaceutical, adhesives, and oil and gas in China and India.
- Growth in private investments in developing economies in Asia Pacific, such as Indonesia and Vietnam, is a major factor anticipated to drive the market in the region during the forecast period
- The aprotic solvents market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is projected to expand at a moderate pace in the near future. Aprotic solvents are imported into countries such as Brazil, Mexico, and South Africa due to limited presence of manufacturing companies in these countries. Increase in government expenditure on the construction of development projects and public infrastructure is likely to drive the demand for aprotic solvents in these regions in the next few years.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Aprotic Solvents Market
The global aprotic solvents market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global aprotic solvents market include:
- Eastman Chemical Company
- BASF SE
- Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
- AlzChem Group AG
- China National Petroleum Corporation
- Merck KGaA
- Celanese Corporation
- Vizag Chemical International
Global Aprotic Solvents Market: Research Scope
Global Aprotic Solvents Market, by Product
Global Aprotic Solvents Market, by Source
Global Aprotic Solvents Market, by End-use
- Oil & Gas
- Personal Care
- Paints & Coatings
Global Aprotic Solvents Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.