Application Tapes: An Overview
Application Tapes is also referred as adhesive tapes or transfer tapes or micropore tapes because of the material used which have pores in it. The basic property of application tapes is to transfer the vinyl graphics to the required destination. It acts as a bridge between the two medium. Application tapes are used to transfer graphics or texts into car windows, door, and coroplast sign blank. Both the plastic and paper based application tapes have their advantages which increases their demand globally. The plastic based application tapes are cost effective and it gives a much better quality image of the graphics that is to be transferred. The paper based application tape is an eco-friendly material which does no harm while disposing off after use. The quality of the tape differs from material to material and the comfort in using the tapes anticipates the sales of the application tapes in not only the industrial sector but also for household purpose.
Application Tapes: Dynamics
Application tapes are made of two types; paper and plastic. Each has its uses like the paper application tapes are eco-friendly and can be purchased at a low cost. It is mainly used as a masking tape as it is translucent but not transparent. When it comes to plastic application tapes or clear tape, it delivers a clear image of the graphics or the underlying vinyl. This is useful for DIY customers as they can buy the application tapes from the store and create their own designed dresses. It is cost effective and with the growing trend of using their own creativity in anything and everything is driving the usage of application tapes. Application tapes are very useful in the textile industry as these tapes are heat resistant which is used to transfer graphics to a t-shirt.
With the digital transformation, digital graphics are transferred to the required destination and for that application tapes are in demand as it transfers the vinyl graphics and acts as a bridge from design to installation.
There is a challenge that is faced by the application tapes market that is to find the perfect tape which has enough tack to remove a matte surface vinyl from its liner. This is a tough task as if an excessive amount of vinyl is cleaned then the graphic print will come off which will spoil the design of the dress and the quality of the fabric.
Application Tapes: Segmentation
Application Tapes can be segmented by product type, material type, form, application, and end-use.
By Product Type, application tapes can be segmented as
- Single-lined application tapes
- Double-lined application tapes
- Extended-liner application tapes
- Fibre or scrim-reinforced application tapes
By Material Type, application tapes can be segmented as
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
By form, application tapes can be segmented as
By Application, application tapes can be segmented as
- Home Textile
- Bag Sealing
- Box & Carton Sealing
- Pharmaceutical Packaging
- Food and Beverage
- Personal and Household Care
By End Use, application tapes can be segmented as
- Commodity Adhesive Tapes
- Specialty Adhesive Tapes
- Electrical & Electronics
- White Goods
- Paper & Printing
- Building & Construction
Application Tapes: Regional Outlook
The application tape market has been flourishing globally because of its properties such as the easy transfer of vinyl graphics to any fabric which is in demand in the textile industry nowadays and the eco-friendly property is also contributing to the growth of the application tape market. Among these regions, North America and Europe are collectively leading the market because of the growth in the secondary industry where application tapes are used the most; the retail industry. Many key manufacturers, multinational packaging companies are planning to set up plants and invest more in the Asia Pacific region as developing countries provide more raw materials at less cost and also low labour cost. Also, the growth of the retail industry in this region is also predicted to grow steadily as the need for supermarkets and hypermarkets is boosting many key players to deliver to the needs of the market. Application tapes in Latin America and the Middle East and Africa are yet to grow because of the less availability of raw material in those regions. But they provide a huge opportunity for companies in terms of investment.
Application Tapes: Key Players
Key players in the application tapes are,
- 3M Company (US)
- Tesa SE (Germany)
- Nitto Denko Corporation (Japan)
- Lintec Corporation (Japan)
- Intertape Polymer Group (Canada)
- Avery Dennison Corporation (US)
- Lohmann GmbH (Germany)
- Berry Global Inc. (US)
- Scapa Group PLC (Canada)
- Rogers Corporation (US).
- Mitesha Enterprises (India)
The report application tapes is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on cement packaging market segments and geographies.
Regional Analysis Includes-
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific (APAC)
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- A detailed overview of the parent market
- Changing application tapes dynamics in the industry
- In-depth application tapes segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size regarding volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in the application tapes
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies for key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.