Anti-Soiling Coating Market: Definition
- Panel soiling is a major concern for the solar or photovoltaic industry. Solar panels located in dry soiling environments accumulate dirt, which can be a major drain on efficiency, limiting power output, and driving up cleaning and maintenance costs.
- Reducing the dirt accumulation tendencies of panels is a key objective of the anti-soiling coating. Anti-soiling coating ensures PV panels can be easily cleaned.
- Anti-soiling coating enables easier and faster cleaning of each module and reduces the use of water and other consumables. Anti-soiling coating enables less frequent cleaning cycles, saving operators’ time, and reducing the cost of consumables. Anti-soiling coating for solar glass is combination of both anti-reflective properties and anti-soiling properties. This helps maintain maximum power output for longer duration, thereby reducing cleaning costs.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive Report Brochure here
Key drivers of anti-soiling coating market
- Increasing demand for electricity in developing countries is expected to drive the solar panels markets. Anti-soiling coating is used to protect the solar panels from the dirt accumulation. Thus the solar panel industry is likely to boost the anti-soiling coating market.
- Increase in competitiveness of solar photovoltaic and government initiatives and programs, owing to increased demand for electricity, is likely to boost the solar panels market, which in turn is projected to drive anti-soiling coating market.
- Countries shifting toward solar photovoltaic (PV) in order to alleviating pollution and CO2 emissions is projected to boost the anti-soiling market.
- Developing countries, such as India and China, are shifting preference toward solar energy generated by PV panels’ response to national feed-in tariff (FIT) payments and other incentives that aid in alleviating chronic power shortages and increase reliability. Rising demand for the PV panels is expected to fuel the anti-soiling coatings market
- Renewable and cost-effective forms of energy are gaining wide acceptance over conventional sources of energy. Solar panels do not burn fuel, generate no noise and pollution, and are around two to three times more efficient than combustion technologies. Expansion of the solar photovoltaic panels industry is projected to drive the anti-soiling coating market.
- Decline in prices of key raw materials, including silver and polysilicon, and other industrial commodities that are used to make solar panels is expected to drive the market during the forecast period
- Rising prices of electricity, globally, coupled with low cost of solar panels, and decreased installation cost of solar panel systems are driving the solar panel market, which in turn is boosting the anti-soiling coating market.
High cost of technology likely to hamper market
- Reliability, overall production, and competitiveness are key factors hampering the adoption of photovoltaic system technology. Climatic conditions and geographic location restrain the solar energy market, especially in snowfall- and rainfall-prone regions. This, in turn, hampers the anti-soiling coating market.
- Without a storage device, such as a battery, solar energy efficiency is hampered at night. Furthermore, solar energy generation technologies are expensive.
Europe expected to hold large share in the global anti-soiling coating market
- In terms of region, the global anti-soiling coating market can be split into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- Europe was a leading market for anti-soiling coating in 2018. Europe is a notable market for solar panel, owing to the decentralized energy generation model in the region.
- Increased government funding and initiatives in countries such as Germany and the U.K. has propelled the solar power generation capacity in the region, which in turn is fueling the demand for anti-soiling coating in the region.
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand rapidly during the forecast period, owing to declining prices of solar modules, rising awareness about energy efficiency, and supporting government regulations.
- Government initiatives such as subsidies on photovoltaic systems and feed-in-tariffs, in addition to capacity expansions in Asia Pacific are expected to drive the demand for solar panels, which in turn is projected to boost the anti-soiling coating market in the region.
- Demand for the photovoltaic solar panels in Latin America is rising, owing to the presence of widely distributed solar resources and is expected to boost the anti-soiling market during the forecast period.
- In North America demand for solar panels has been growing rapidly especially due to the increase in residential solar applications in the U.S.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Anti-soiling Coating Market here
Key players operating in the anti-soiling coating market
The anti-soiling coating market is highly fragmented with top manufacturers accounting for approximately 45% to 50% share of the global market. Key players operating in the anti-soiling coating market include
- BASF SE
- PPG Industries, Inc.
- Nippon Paint Marine Coatings Co.,Ltd.
- Chugoku Marine Paints, Ltd.
- Kop-Coat Inc.
- Akzo Nobel N.V.
Global Anti-Soiling Coating Market: Research Scope
Global Anti-Soiling Coating Market, by Type
- Self-polishing copolymer
Global Anti-Soiling Coating Market, by End-use Industry
- Oil & gas
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.