Anti-Soiling Coating Market: Definition
- Panel soiling is a major concern for the solar or photovoltaic industry. Solar panels located in dry soiling environments accumulate dirt, which can be a major drain on efficiency, limiting power output, and driving up cleaning and maintenance costs.
- Reducing the dirt accumulation tendencies of panels is a key objective of the anti-soiling coating. Anti-soiling coating ensures PV panels can be easily cleaned.
- Anti-soiling coating enables easier and faster cleaning of each module and reduces the use of water and other consumables. Anti-soiling coating enables less frequent cleaning cycles, saving operators’ time, and reducing the cost of consumables. Anti-soiling coating for solar glass is combination of both anti-reflective properties and anti-soiling properties. This helps maintain maximum power output for longer duration, thereby reducing cleaning costs.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive Report Brochure here
Key drivers of anti-soiling coating market
- Increasing demand for electricity in developing countries is expected to drive the solar panels markets. Anti-soiling coating is used to protect the solar panels from the dirt accumulation. Thus the solar panel industry is likely to boost the anti-soiling coating market.
- Increase in competitiveness of solar photovoltaic and government initiatives and programs, owing to increased demand for electricity, is likely to boost the solar panels market, which in turn is projected to drive anti-soiling coating market.
- Countries shifting toward solar photovoltaic (PV) in order to alleviating pollution and CO2 emissions is projected to boost the anti-soiling market.
- Developing countries, such as India and China, are shifting preference toward solar energy generated by PV panels’ response to national feed-in tariff (FIT) payments and other incentives that aid in alleviating chronic power shortages and increase reliability. Rising demand for the PV panels is expected to fuel the anti-soiling coatings market
- Renewable and cost-effective forms of energy are gaining wide acceptance over conventional sources of energy. Solar panels do not burn fuel, generate no noise and pollution, and are around two to three times more efficient than combustion technologies. Expansion of the solar photovoltaic panels industry is projected to drive the anti-soiling coating market.
- Decline in prices of key raw materials, including silver and polysilicon, and other industrial commodities that are used to make solar panels is expected to drive the market during the forecast period
- Rising prices of electricity, globally, coupled with low cost of solar panels, and decreased installation cost of solar panel systems are driving the solar panel market, which in turn is boosting the anti-soiling coating market.
High cost of technology likely to hamper market
- Reliability, overall production, and competitiveness are key factors hampering the adoption of photovoltaic system technology. Climatic conditions and geographic location restrain the solar energy market, especially in snowfall- and rainfall-prone regions. This, in turn, hampers the anti-soiling coating market.
- Without a storage device, such as a battery, solar energy efficiency is hampered at night. Furthermore, solar energy generation technologies are expensive.
Europe expected to hold large share in the global anti-soiling coating market
- In terms of region, the global anti-soiling coating market can be split into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- Europe was a leading market for anti-soiling coating in 2018. Europe is a notable market for solar panel, owing to the decentralized energy generation model in the region.
- Increased government funding and initiatives in countries such as Germany and the U.K. has propelled the solar power generation capacity in the region, which in turn is fueling the demand for anti-soiling coating in the region.
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand rapidly during the forecast period, owing to declining prices of solar modules, rising awareness about energy efficiency, and supporting government regulations.
- Government initiatives such as subsidies on photovoltaic systems and feed-in-tariffs, in addition to capacity expansions in Asia Pacific are expected to drive the demand for solar panels, which in turn is projected to boost the anti-soiling coating market in the region.
- Demand for the photovoltaic solar panels in Latin America is rising, owing to the presence of widely distributed solar resources and is expected to boost the anti-soiling market during the forecast period.
- In North America demand for solar panels has been growing rapidly especially due to the increase in residential solar applications in the U.S.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Anti-soiling Coating Market here
Key players operating in the anti-soiling coating market
The anti-soiling coating market is highly fragmented with top manufacturers accounting for approximately 45% to 50% share of the global market. Key players operating in the anti-soiling coating market include
- BASF SE
- PPG Industries, Inc.
- Nippon Paint Marine Coatings Co.,Ltd.
- Chugoku Marine Paints, Ltd.
- Kop-Coat Inc.
- Akzo Nobel N.V.
Global Anti-Soiling Coating Market: Research Scope
Global Anti-Soiling Coating Market, by Type
- Self-polishing copolymer
Global Anti-Soiling Coating Market, by End-use Industry
- Oil & gas
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.