Antimicrobial Powder Coatings: Introduction
- Antimicrobial powder coatings are different from liquid coatings, as they do not require a solvent to keep the filler parts and binders in a liquid suspension form. They are used to coat a wide range of substrates, including aluminum extrusions, household appliances, automobile & bicycle parts, and drum hardware. These coatings exhibit the ability to hinder the growth of microorganisms including protozoans, fungi, and bacteria. Furthermore, they are highly engineered materials that are manufactured to mimic the antimicrobial type of peptides, employed by the immune system to inhibit the growth of pathogens and microbial bacteria.
Key Drivers of Global Antimicrobial Powder Coatings Market
- The global market for antimicrobial powder coatings has been expanding at a significant pace. It is projected to generate promising growth opportunities in the next few years. Rapid growth of the medical device coatings industry is estimated to boost the global market.
- Durability, high strength, corrosion resistance, esthetics, and easy application of antimicrobial powder coatings are estimated to augment the market in the next few years
- Rise in air pollution has resulted in various health hazards. This is one of the primary factors anticipated to fuel the global antimicrobial powder coatings market. Several benefits offered by antimicrobial powder coatings, including high bio-compatibility, are projected to drive the market in the near future.
Silver Additive Type Segment to Dominate Global Market
- Based on additive type, the silver segment is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period. Silver ion is widely known for its antifungal, antibacterial, and antiviral effects; and also for low toxicity for human beings. Technology advancement and efforts made by coating manufacturers to incorporate silver-based antimicrobial powder coatings onto medical devices, such as surgical instruments and implants, are driving the segment.
Medical & Health Care End-use Industry Segment to Dominate Global Market
- Based on end-use industry, the medical & health care segment is estimated to account for major share of the antimicrobial powder coatings market during the forecast period. Antimicrobial powder coatings promote a safe and hygienic environment. These coatings are often used by hospitals, surgical facilities, and dental offices to create a protective coating on equipment.
Stringent Regulations to Hamper Global Market
- Rise in number of regulations is one of the key factors expected to restrict the global antimicrobial powder coating market in the next few years. Nevertheless, the developing construction industry and increase in research and development activities are likely to drive the global market in the near future.
COVID-19 Impact on Antimicrobial Powder Coatings Market
- Demand for antimicrobial powder coatings has been rising in several applications, such as appliances, consumer goods, and electronic products, during the COVID-19 pandemic. Currently, many established companies and start-ups are developing products to combat COVID-19. For instance, in June 2020, Berger Paints India offered antimicrobial powder coatings for treatment in the medical industry to limit the spread of the disease. Several manufacturers, such as those of consumer goods and electronics, are focusing on the development of antimicrobial products owing to the rising concern and awareness about safety and hygiene across the globe.
North America to Hold Significant Share of Global Antimicrobial Powder Coatings Market
- In terms of region, the global antimicrobial powder coatings market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is anticipated to hold notable share of the global antimicrobial powder coatings market during the forecast period. The antimicrobial powder coatings market in North America is expected to expand significantly in the next five years due to the rise in demand for these coatings in the medical & health care sector to inhibit the growth of bacteria and microbes causing HAIs.
- Led by the implementation of stringent regulations pertaining to the indoor air quality, HVAC system manufacturers are incorporating antimicrobial coatings on surfaces to ensure the required air quality
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, owing to the well-established construction and automotive industry in the region. China, India, Japan, ASEAN countries, and Australia are expected to contribute significantly to the expansion of the market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Market
The global antimicrobial powder coatings market is a consolidated with the presence of large-sized international players. However, presence of a small- and medium-sized domestic players makes the market highly competitive. Key players operating in the global antimicrobial powder coatings market include:
- AkzoNobel N.V.
- Sherwin Williams Company
- PPG Industries Inc.
- Axalta Coating Systems
- BASF SE
- Berger Paints India Ltd
Global Antimicrobial Powder Coatings Market: Research Scope
Global Antimicrobial Powder Coatings Market, by Additive Type
Global Antimicrobial Powder Coatings Market, by End-use Industry
- Medical & Health Care
- Food Equipment
- General Industry
- Fitness Equipment
- Steel Furniture
Global Antimicrobial Powder Coatings Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.